Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Day 1, Stellar Conflicts

...So are we shifting into a serious discussion of...'issues' here, or is this all still in character?

Hey, whatever gets the ladies. Or men ;) (Still in character, but also: Hey, we're all just people beings. Love is all around us, it's everywhere we travel. It's nice. Let it be etc.)

Also, there is a chance that the first lynch is a scumo, albeit slim. But even if it isn't, it doesn't help remove unhelpful and distracting townies.

So: It may take out scum or does not help remove unhelpful or distracting townies? If so, no lynch is clearly better. (Did you mean Does help with taking out unhelpful or distracting townies?).

Let those who have PR use them, seems like the better option to me. My calculation and analyse leans towards observing first. Hey, who doesn't like to watch? But I see your point in provoking a lynch against someone, see how they and others react, and analysing the votes to use as evidence later. Thanks for describing, since no lynch seemed like the obvious choice for me right away. So the question is not to lynch or not to lynch, but whoooooo should we lynch first?

Hey, whatever gets the ladies. Or men ;) (Still in character, but also: Hey, we're all just people beings. Love is all around us, it's everywhere we travel. It's nice. Let it be etc.)

So: It may take out scum or does not help remove unhelpful or distracting townies? If so, no lynch is clearly better. (Did you mean Does help with taking out unhelpful or distracting townies?).

Let those who have PR use them, seems like the better option to me. My calculation and analyse leans towards observing first. Hey, who doesn't like to watch? But I see your point in provoking a lynch against someone, see how they and others react, and analysing the votes to use as evidence later. Thanks for describing, since no lynch seemed like the obvious choice for me right away. So the question is not to lynch or not to lynch, but whoooooo should we lynch first?

A majority vote is required to lynch a player. Voting is compulsory. Every player must have a vote placed by the end of the day. Those who do not follow this rule will be subject to 5 penalty votes.

It would be hard to not get a lynch unless everybody agreed to it and followed through. As much as it sucks to be lynched, it helps to lynch since we will have activity to analyze later, in my opinion.

But for like one, dude, there was no accusation. At least not one that seemed to be in danger of resulting in a lynch and like b, brother, what makes you so sure it's wrong? Defending someone on page 2 of Day One is a Scum–tell. It either looks like you're defending a Scum buddy or trying to polish the knob of a Townie to ingratiate your Scummy self.

It seemed like an accusation to me.

Besides, as I said later I was less trying to defend you and more urging people to wait before wildly pointing fingers in all directions.

So...back on topic...

What do you mean back on topic? We're not really talking about much of anything except for how scummy Wen's statement about defending Seamus is. You're going on and on about people not posting fluff when there's nothing of substance to talk about yet. We're not even at the twenty-four hour mark yet. Are we going to get back on topic to you yelling at us to stop posting fluffy things? You're posting more then anyone else is and it's mostly been complaints about the content being posted. These posts themselves are fluffy since it's so easy to just say that and make yourself look not only active but also helpful to the town.

If we're going to talk about substance when there's nothing much to say yet, yes, Wen talking about defending Seamus for no reason on the second page of Day One when there's nothing to defend him from is exceedingly suspicious. It seems like he's trying to move past it hastily by saying "but I posted that a while ago." It doesn't matter if it was "awhile ago" (two hours is not awhile ago), it still warrants discussion since it's scummy as hell.

What do you mean back on topic? We're not really talking about much of anything except for how scummy Wen's statement about defending Seamus is. You're going on and on about people not posting fluff when there's nothing of substance to talk about yet. We're not even at the twenty-four hour mark yet. Are we going to get back on topic to you yelling at us to stop posting fluffy things? You're posting more then anyone else is and it's mostly been complaints about the content being posted. These posts themselves are fluffy since it's so easy to just say that and make yourself look not only active but also helpful to the town.

If we're going to talk about substance when there's nothing much to say yet, yes, Wen talking about defending Seamus for no reason on the second page of Day One when there's nothing to defend him from is exceedingly suspicious. It seems like he's trying to move past it hastily by saying "but I posted that a while ago." It doesn't matter if it was "awhile ago" (two hours is not awhile ago), it still warrants discussion since it's scummy as hell.

Look again. He was saying Knight of the Old Republic is cooler than Heir to the Empire...

First of all, why does everybody keep saying I defended Seamus? I have said multiple times that I wasn't defending him and instead was trying to prevent rash decision making. We can't just lynch someone based on the fact "they might be the godfather", they have to act scummy first.

First of all, why does everybody keep saying I defended Seamus?

I was actually intending to defend you, seeing as how someone was accusing you of being the Scum Godfather...

I have said multiple times that I wasn't defending him...

But I was defending someone, you're just trying to harp on someone so it looks like you're being active.

Not sure what else to add to that. I can see the reasoning but you can't seem to decide if it's a defense or not.

Also, KOTOR2 is way better :look:

2 of those quotes are from earlier, where I misspoke.

More like Dr. Wut. :laugh: You're either Scum or a dafty loon, brother.

In all honesty, I seriously doubt we're even remotely close to pinning down anyone as scum. All of this seems like some kind of weird finger-pointing thingy, that I seriously doubt will get any of us anywhere.

Yeah but it's a possibility that we may find scum by finger pointing at people. You can look for their reactions and how they respond to the accusations.

To me, Xen immediately jumps out as scummy, for the same reasons as several have stated above. Why else would he strongly disagree with the possibility of Hinckley being scum? Certainly only stems from belonging to the scum team... :look:

Exactly what I'm saying here. That's why I think we shouldn't do anything with absolute certainty.

I don't think anyone does anything with absolute certainty on day 1... :look:

If people did that the town would lose.

To me, Xen immediately jumps out as scummy, for the same reasons as several have stated above. Why else would he strongly disagree with the possibility of Hinckley being scum? Certainly only stems from belonging to the scum team... :look:

Strongly disagree? I admitted that there is a large possibility that he could be scum- I just thought it was rude to immediately accuse someone of such.

I was actually intending to defend you, seeing as how someone was accusing you of being the Scum Godfather. That's what I meant by absolute certainty, it's not like I'm saying that we shouldn't lynch somebody.

I know some people (or aliens) have already pointed this out as scummy but if you're going to defend someone you'll need evidence especially on Day 1.

People, quit posting fluff. :hmpf_bad:

You do have something for people posting fluff on Day 1... :look:

Strongly disagree? I admitted that there is a large possibility that he could be scum- I just thought it was rude to immediately accuse someone of such.

Are we to mind our manners before slitting people throats? Or shall we just say "Oan yer bike!" to the person who gets the most votes. Not making sense, man. Yer not making sense at all.

Even my drug–addled mind spots a differen' 'tween defending and being polite and what you did seemed a maist like defending.

I don't wanna play this game anymore. Please sign me out, I have too many RL issues going on at the moment.

:look: Rut–Ro! :cry_sad:

This is a discussion that has been had several times in the past. The logic comes down to this: yes it's unlikely we will get a scum, however, the votes that are placed are a valuable future scum hunting tool. After a few days, when the first scum is caught we can really start looking at voting patterns to see who was working with who. Also, there is a chance that the first lynch is a scumo, albeit slim. But even if it isn't, it doesn't help remove unhelpful and distracting townies.

Agreed, most scum usually scatter all their votes around so they won't be seen voting together. Most of the times they are also middle range voters, not voting early but not voting late early.

I don't wanna play this game anymore. Please sign me out, I have too many RL issues going on at the moment.

You could contact the host, but don't give up just yet! :sad:

not voting early but not voting late early.

Whoa, your logic is warped or your English skills. Could be one or t'other, brother.

Tother brother. I fancy myself a poet, dude. :laugh:

There aren't exactly any reserves... :look:

Also, KOTOR2 is way better :look:

'Tisn't. :tongue:

(I honestly don't know, I'm mildly embarrassed to admit that I haven't played it yet. :blush: (Although I do have a Lvl 50 smuggler in TOR, which counts for...something...))

...Just because the game isn't going in your favor isn't a good reason to quit the game. My social life outside of Heroica is...fairly non-existent, but if I had quit every time I felt depressed about the way that game was going...

You sign up to play a game, you play it through the good...and the bad.

You could contact the host, but don't give up just yet! :sad:

Nah, it's not because I'm losing. Real life issues came up between now and when I signed up for the RPG. I thought I could multi-task, but clearly these issues are affecting my gameplay even from outside, leaving me unable to play normally.

I should have quit before the RPG started.

I'm sorry.

Quick to agree with the strong.

*ping*

Valid point, that drowned a bit.

I was actually intending to defend you, seeing as how someone was accusing you of being the Scum Godfather.

Fair enough. But why would you not, it's a crazy accusation based out of, I suspect, fear. Alas, the acclaimer is probably town(or trying to look like one). <-String of thought. Still does not mean Seamus could not be Scum and/or godfather, unless it's the trying to look townie part, whereas it's the other way around. My head is spinning on day 1. :P

Yeah man, are they? Oh wait...

Very easily joked away and left for dead. It may be down to playstyle, but it's somewhat bothersome. Because you are regarded as a good player you can just discard suspicions?

But why did you feel that way? Unless you specifically knew Seamus's role then you could not have felt he was being wrongly accused.

This. Second ping. Exactly. Right now everyone is guilty, so no one is being wrongly accused. Maybe being accused on the wrong basis, but accusations are like 20 a dozen. To many to make a decent omelette. But it's fun smashing them. Both the eggs and accusations. Or he is the godfather himself and trying to defend someone else being accused of being the godfather, since he knows he will turn up town. Oh my, I think I have played to much paranoia... or have I?

And now Clementine is considering that Minga, 4-of-2 and Seamus are all scum buddies trying to make the town claim to Seamus :laugh:

Why would anyone claim to Scum?

Also I think Minga presses on a little hard without much to go on, so that makes me suspicious of her as well, despite her pretty makeup.

Very easily joked away and left for dead. It may be down to playstyle, but it's somewhat bothersome. Because you are regarded as a good player you can just discard suspicions?

Except I was the first to call out his defense Scummy and then the post after the one you quoted further points out how his behavior is Scummy. Selectively read much, mate?

RPG

RPG? This is life, man...