Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Day 1, Stellar Conflicts

I'm so glad you understood the sentence, because I was scared to read the punctuation void. So, like, are you suggesting anyone was planning on doing anything? Are you suggesting we'd get some scooby to be certain on Day One, eh? Absolute certainty, you say. Or maybe the drugs said it. Nah, you said it. So, where does one get absolute certainty on Day One, brother?

I was actually intending to defend you, seeing as how someone was accusing you of being the Scum Godfather. That's what I meant by absolute certainty, it's not like I'm saying that we shouldn't lynch somebody.

We also probably aren't likely to slightly be existent in this hypothetical mortal realm. :wacko::hmpf_bad:

...At least try and post something besides "This is a fluff post, in which I'll state the blatantly obvious." Even if it's just a joke about how there's very little to post besides fluff...

Well, seeing as this is day one, and there have been no night actions, there's very little to post as you said.

But I was defending someone, you're just trying to harp on someone so it looks like you're being active. Pretty slinky of you. :hmpf_bad:

[ quote ] Exactly what I'm saying here. That's why I think we shouldn't do anything with absolute certainty. [ /quote ]

You misunderstood my statement, I never said we shouldn't do anything, nothing is certain on Day One. The most logical thing to do would be to work of posts.

I was actually intending to defend you, seeing as how someone was accusing you of being the Scum Godfather. That's what I meant by absolute certainty, it's not like I'm saying that we shouldn't lynch somebody.

Dude, like why?? Do you know I'm not the Scum Godfather? This isn't just like a ping, brother, it's downright Scummy.

...So your first reaction is to leap and defend the powerful player. Because...why, exactly?*
Well, seeing as this is day one, and there have been no night actions, I'm going to repeat what I said, for some reason.
But I was defending someone, you're just trying to harp on someone so it looks like you're being active. Pretty slinky of you. :hmpf_bad:

So...calling someone out because I thought their post seemed scummy, and then not instantly dropping that opinion after I'd made it was "harping," in your estimation? :sadnew::hmpf_bad:

*For those who don't get the obvious point, I'm saying that to defend someone, you need to provide a reason why you're defending them.

(Well, I suppose you don't need to provide one - although yeah, having a reason, even a bad one, makes you look a heck of a lot less scummy - but still... :hmpf_bad:)

Dude, like why?? Do you know I'm not the Scum Godfather? This isn't just like a ping, brother, it's downright Scummy.

^Word.

You misunderstood my statement, I never said we shouldn't do anything, nothing is certain on Day One. The most logical thing to do would be to work of posts.

...If you don't have anything to add, don't add anything.

I don't know, and there's still a possibility you could be. I think that jumping right out and claiming it with absolute certainty and then trying to lynch you based on that is ridiculous.

So...calling someone out because I thought their post seemed scummy, and then not instantly dropping that opinion after I'd made it was "harping," in your estimation? :sadnew::hmpf_bad:

The harping thing was a joke. And I did provide a reason, as stated early. In fact, I wouldn't exactly say I was outright defending him, just trying to prevent something that we might regret later on.

There's still entirely the possibility he might be scum. But he hasn't acted scummy today (unlike you), so there's no reason to lynch him at the present time.

You're not a race man, you're like a totally different species, you know?

That would make you a specist? Not cool man....

I don't know, and there's still a possibility you could be. I think that jumping right out and claiming it with absolute certainty and then trying to lynch you based on that is ridiculous.

*huh*When did I try to lynch him? I thought 4 of 2's post was scummy, I proposed a theory. We were still miles away from talking about lynching.

Way to jump the gun. Way to jump the gun, man... *huh*

The harping thing was a joke. And I did provide a reason, as stated early. In fact, I wouldn't exactly say I was outright defending him...

...I was defending...

...Please read what you've already posted, before you post. :hmpf:
just trying to prevent something that we might regret later on.
I could regret getting out of bed on the left side, instead of the right. People, quit posting fluff. :hmpf_bad:
There's still entirely the possibility he might be scum. But he hasn't acted scummy today (unlike you), so there's no reason to lynch him at the present time.
Unfortunately, I'm not interested in picking up that ball you're trying to pass.

I was rephrasing something I said earlier.

Upon rereading this thread, I think I misread some of your earlier posts. It seems more like you were saying we should approach things with caution, exactly what I've been trying to advocate this whole time.

As for posting fluff, however... isn't that what we've all been doing? You said it yourself, there's very little post on day one.

Minga is unsure what Ender means by this. Could Ender please clarify?

Scum like to hide behind the accusations of others.

(Snip)

I am, man. Why do you act like it's some horrible thing or something, whoa... Dude.

With a name like Ender, you don't want to be mistaken as gay. Trust me. But you can do whatever you want with your life...as long as you don't "mingle" with folks from planet 420! That's just wrong.

Upon rereading this thread, I think I misread some of your earlier posts. It seems more like you were saying we should approach things with caution, exactly what I've been trying to advocate this whole time.

As for posting fluff, however... isn't that what we've all been doing? You said it yourself, there's very little post on day one.

I'd say you're not a very good advocate by that measure.

There's obviously not going to be certainty--there almost never is in the...game...of life. That being said, your last statement here seems to again suggest not doing anything because of uncertainty. "Everyone is posting fluff, so that's what I was doing"--at least that's how I read it.

I could regret getting out of bed on the left side, instead of the right. People, quit posting fluff. :hmpf_bad:

Unfortunately, I'm not interested in picking up that ball you're trying to pass.

Jeez, you're trying really hard to look like an expert. :wacko:

I am, man. Why do you act like it's some horrible thing or something, whoa... Dude.

I have to agree on you on this one, on the same basis that I am a male feminist. Treat people with respect. That's it. Hmm... since when did I become the moral police... Oh well. Sometimes a little citizen arrest is the way to go. I always treat my women with respect. All of them. Sometimes simultaneously. And men if I ever feel for it.

I just realized I am not familiar with form 974b-1 (mulitquoting on the forum), so I just blurt it out like this: I got my first ping at the "I was defending someone" post, although it was modified into something I agree with, or simply just don't understand. Why lynch someone the first day? The odds of lynching a townie is bigger the first day, right? Isn't it better to get some information/evidence and get the town block at least a little bit together before the lynching starts? Like if someone got a pointy hat, or a wart, or floats on water, or smells funny or something... How on earth, excuse me, in space, is it possible to find someone that deserves lynching on day 1? Seems to me like we are just searching for freudian slippers. http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1.D5RHVXXXXcRXFXXq6xXFXXXj/Hot-Sale-I-Love-MOM-DAD-Lovely-Baby-Girls-Boy-Shoes-Round-Toe-Flats-Soft-Slippers.jpg

I'd say you're not a very good advocate by that measure.

There's obviously not going to be certainty--there almost never is in the...game...of life. That being said, your last statement here seems to again suggest not doing anything because of uncertainty. "Everyone is posting fluff, so that's what I was doing"--at least that's how I read it.

I say we should do something, but at least try to get some evidence before actually lynching someone.

What I said last was me trying to rebuke Clementine, who was accusing me of only posting Fluff, when she said herself that there was very little to post.

Hopefully that misunderstanding is all cleared up.

No, you said "I wouldn't outright say I was defending him...," and I was quoting a post where you did outright say you were defending him.

Then you're really bad at reading, because I've been alternating between possibly wild hypothesizes(hypothesi? hypopottimi?) about what may or may not have been a joke*, and telling you that you've been posting fluff.

...And I also said that saying that there's "very little post" on day one is fluff, and the least a poster can do is make a joke about it.

If you're going to try and use what I say in my posts as some sort of...something, at least read 'em.

*Although after re-reading it, and comparing the tone to the first half of the message in 2's post, I'm fairly certain it was a joke, and it was all just paranoia on my part. Fairly.

I have to agree on you on this one, on the same basis that I am a male feminist. Treat people with respect. That's it. Hmm... since when did I become the moral police... Oh well. Sometimes a little citizen arrest is the way to go. I always treat my women with respect. All of them. Sometimes simultaneously. And men if I ever feel for it.

...So are we shifting into a serious discussion of...'issues' here, or is this all still in character?

I just realized I am not familiar with form 974b-1 (mulitquoting on the forum), so I just blurt it out like this: I got my first ping at the "I was defending someone" post, although it was modified into something I agree with, or simply just don't understand. Why lynch someone the first day? The odds of lynching a townie is bigger the first day, right? Isn't it better to get some information/evidence and get the town block at least a little bit together before the lynching starts? Like if someone got a pointy hat, or a wart, or floats on water, or smells funny or something... How on earth, excuse me, in space, is it possible to find someone that deserves lynching on day 1? Seems to me like we are just searching for freudian slippers. http://g01.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1.D5RHVXXXXcRXFXXq6xXFXXXj/Hot-Sale-I-Love-MOM-DAD-Lovely-Baby-Girls-Boy-Shoes-Round-Toe-Flats-Soft-Slippers.jpg

This is a discussion that has been had several times in the past. The logic comes down to this: yes it's unlikely we will get a scum, however, the votes that are placed are a valuable future scum hunting tool. After a few days, when the first scum is caught we can really start looking at voting patterns to see who was working with who. Also, there is a chance that the first lynch is a scumo, albeit slim. But even if it isn't, it doesn't help remove unhelpful and distracting townies.

...So are we shifting into a serious discussion of...'issues' here, or is this all still in character?

I think he was just expressing that Ender's humor is more akin to the writer's of an 80's comedy than it is to the sophisticated social atmosphere of the 31st century...or whatever the hell century it is...

Jeez, you're trying really hard to look like an expert. :wacko:

Contrariwise to Heroica, this place depends on one's ability to talk and reason. And having finally learned the majority of the rough basics of the way this game functions, I'm ready to roll.

I say we should do something, but at least try to get some evidence before actually lynching someone.

...And what kind of evidence do you propose we try and find? :wacko: Shall we ask "Will the real scum please stand up?".
What I said last was me trying to rebuke Clementine, who was accusing me of only posting Fluff, when she said herself that there was very little to post.

...And I said...Just never mind. :sceptic: You're either trying to intentionally distort my posts, or you're not putting in even the small amount of effort required to read them. Either way... :sceptic:

I think he was just expressing that Ender's humor is more akin to the writer's of an 80's comedy than it is to the sophisticated social atmosphere of the 31st century...or whatever the hell century it is...

There has actually been some research on that, by our own Talon Card and contributors. One of the original CS sets has a printed wall panel with 2 0 7 9 on it. Which is 100 years after the set's release, which is a suitable "far-off future date". This being the correct date of CS is further boosted by the CS predecessor-esque logos of modern City Space.

The specific year of this game, excluding variables like "different notions of year," according to the flavor text, is 2515.

"The year is 2515. On the heels of the Liberation of Earth from the Hypaxxians in 2111, humanity spread its wings to the greater galaxy, liberating planets from the Hypaxxian empire as they went. With new allies, Humans and their fledgling interstellar league defeated the Hypaxxians, pushing them back to their homeworld. In the vacuum of power left by the tyrannical empire, Humans and their closest ally species formed the "Congressional Legislative Administration of Space-faring Species and Interstellar Court" or, CLASSIC Space Federation. This Federation has lasted nearly 400 years now, and has grown larger than the Hypaxxian empire ever did, incorporating numerous sentient species in the name of peace and prosperity. Wherever the Federation has a presence, mutually beneficial interstellar trade is fostered, dictatorships are destabilized, and quality of life is improved.

Dr. Wen seems to feel the need to defend Seamus. Why? Are they scum-buddies or what?

Scum like to hide behind the accusations of others.

So Ender is suggesting that Minga is scum because Minga agreed with Seamus? Minga agrees that that is a common scum tactic, but Minga would like to point out that if nobody agreed with anyone else, there would never be any lynches at all! Ender seems to be suggesting that every vote on a bandwagon except the first vote is scummy because they're "hiding behind the accusation of person 1" It is interesting that Ender singles out Minga from the list of people who have agreed with others' suspicions...

Talon Card

Whose name is that? Like Timothy Zahn's Talon Carde?? *oh2*

But why did you feel that way? Unless you specifically knew Seamus's role then you could not have felt he was being wrongly accused.

Whose name is that? Like Timothy Zahn's Talon Carde?? *oh2*

He's a frequent contributor over in Sci-Fi - he keeps several running lists of LEGO Space shout-outs/crossovers, planet names, etc.

Dr. Wen seems to feel the need to defend Seamus. Why? Are they scum-buddies or what?

Yeah man, are they? Oh wait...

More that I felt that Seamus was being wrongfully accused. But I posted that a while ago.

But for like one, dude, there was no accusation. At least not one that seemed to be in danger of resulting in a lynch and like b, brother, what makes you so sure it's wrong? Defending someone on page 2 of Day One is a Scum–tell. It either looks like you're defending a Scum buddy or trying to polish the knob of a Townie to ingratiate your Scummy self.

Best EU story ever.

The whole Heir to the Empire trilogy, not just Talon Karrde.