On 1/23/2018 at 3:07 AM, Xon67 said:

I've just about wrapped up my posts in the Old West topic.  There aren't nearly as many good references of Flatbush Gulch as there are of Bricksburg, so there aren't as many models for me to build there. 

For now, I made a quick detour back to Octan.  Here's Lord Business' flying cube from Finn's basement.

25965155998_72868d65de_c.jpg

Love this build @Xon67 :-)
What is the base dimensions for it? Its similar to an idea I had of making a modular building version of Octan Tower, not to scale of course ;-)
Would love to build something a similar size (maybe one floor higher) than Emmets Apartment building, but would love to include the 2x2 brick roof as that would look super cool...

Here's more of downtown plus the Kragle antidote.

40456766982_d451b924e7_c.jpg

Edited by Xon67

Awesome @ionman99!!

I'm looking forward to building this one too to complete my Bad Cop Police vehicle collection and have collected most of the unique parts so far apart from the horse I will put inside...
Looking forward to seeing your completed build :-)

Edited by NDLG80

He are the fruits of the last 3-4 week-ends.

Just waiting on some parts, stickers and 12 more robots :grin:

20180430_165908

@ionman99. I just saw these!  (I haven't been watching this topic lately.)  They look awesome!  I always enjoy seeing physical builds of stuff I post here.  Great job!

This is the train bridge from Finn's basement.  The one in Bricksburg is slightly different, with evenly spaced supports and a few additional details. (However, I couldn't find any good references for that version).  So, here's the one from the physical set.

42060502912_a111790555_c.jpg

Well it's official... The Lego Movie Part 2 has been confirmed with the release of the movie logo.... So this means I need to alter my existing 3D logo now ;-)
Now to complete all my TLM builds I wanna do before it comes out...
Can't wait until February 2019!!
41368095395_fc5b8d9c23_z.jpgLego-Movie-2-Logo_LARGE  #2 by Nath D, on Flickr

Edited by NDLG80

@NDLG80. You beat me to it!  It looks great!  I like that scale.

I used some forced perspective to get the subtitle in there at the correct size.  It's coming!

40473028250_c769d19217_c.jpg

Don't know if I'll build any models from it, but if it's as cleverly written as the first one, it should be enjoyable.

Edited by Xon67

@Xon67 Haha.... your creations are always the best, I just thought I'd do a quick render of the mid sized logo after hearing the great news of the sequel announcement :-)
Really hoping the second movie is as good as the first even though Phil Lord and Christopher Miller aren't directing this one....
10 months to go for us Aussies who get the movie 6 weeks later than the US and UK :-(

Before the creators of the LEGO Movie settled on the final design of the closing credits, with each scene presented in an individual "cubby", one thought was to have each scene combined into one seamless sequence that looked like this.

40758364420_6437a22020_c.jpg

To see more on the design process for the closing credits, check out: http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/the-lego-movie/

42633382622_9841540765_c.jpg

Coming soon:  Cloud Cuckoo builds.

Thanks, @Robert8

I have started a new topic for Cloud Cuckoo Land.  The link is in my signature. 

I have a few builds that I plan to post there.  If all goes well, we should eventually have an appearance by a certain Master Builder submarine.

Finally finished the design on my custom Lord Business Octan Tower modular... Here is a basic render of the outside of the build :-)
I have crammed heaps of details with loads of minifigs inside and removeable front for the option of displaying the interior... I will share once the physical build is complete. Just waiting on a few parts and a lighting kit before completing the 4000 part modular..
I was originally inspired my the official Lord Business Evil Lair set, which was very lacking, but I I like the idea of, so I had set up a display on a 48x48 baseplate with a heap of scenes/minifigs featured in the tower, however wanted to add more detail, so this little project came along...
Stay tuned..... ;-)
28043243427_3df093abda_c.jpgOctan Tower Modular (WIP2) by Nath D, on Flickr

Edited by NDLG80

@NDLG80. VERY nice!  What a great idea!  I'm already imagining what's on the inside--I look forward to seeing it.

Have you thought about adding a swirling vortex at the base?

Truely amazed by your work on this.

I have a lego show coming up later this year and would like to build the monorail station you created a while back. I can pretty much get the idea from the one image you've posted but wondered if you would be prepared to share some others if you have them. Particular interest would be the escalator can't quite see how you've done that. i would of course be giving you the credit at the show for inspiring the build. Can you help

FMB

10 hours ago, Xon67 said:

@NDLG80. VERY nice!  What a great idea!  I'm already imagining what's on the inside--I look forward to seeing it.

Have you thought about adding a swirling vortex at the base?

Thanks @Xon67 I know the exterior design is super basic, however wanted to use as much of the 32x32 base as I could and have it fit next to other modulars and knew this would use alot of parts so I cut down where I could...
Sadly no vortex, however I have started adding some nice jagged rocks and tiny bit of water around the base to break up all the black and red :-)
Hoping to complete the physical build over the next week or two if possible....

Thats brill - and yess once I get it done I'll post pics. I aim to have it done for a LUG show in November Thanks again

Ian

Having looked at the lxf file i see you have used some bricks that aren't actually available in the colours so I'll have to tinker with the design but you given me a great place to begin - lets see what i can do.

Ian

Good morning Sherry, Oh hey Jasmine (meow), Dexter (meow), Angie (meow), Loki (meow), Bad Leroy (meow), Fluffy (meow), Fluffy Jnr (meow), Fluffy Snr (meow)..... Jeff (MEOW)!

43076917922_38d7b3f2c5_z.jpgMrs Scratchenposts Apartment-1 by Nath D, on Flickr

42408374814_f97ec6f9a2_z.jpgMrs Scratchenposts Apartment-2 by Nath D, on Flickr

29254994648_7154e03569_z.jpgMrs Scratchenposts Apartment-4 by Nath D, on Flickr

Thanks heaps @Xon67 for sharing pics of your amazing designs.....
Coming soon, Joe the Plumbers Apartment and my custom Octan Tower Modular :-)

Don't suppose there is any chance of the ldf file for the large crawler crane

It might be an easier project to begin with?

Ian26968986904_e5327cdeb2_c.jpg