Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Confirmation and Discussion

Um, Mssr. Longlegs, sir? :look:

10 votes for Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide): (Mediumsnowman, Hinckley, Tariq, Bob, Captain Nemo, TinyPiesRUs, CallMePie, Fhomess, Piratedave84, Jluck)

~

10 votes are required to lynch.

Not all hosts end the day at majority. It's their prerogative. Personally, I never do. I allow for further discovery and unvoting...

Not all hosts end the day at majority. It's their prerogative. Personally, I never do. I allow for further discovery and unvoting...

:shrug_confused: I've got no issue with it. But quoting the rules:

3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will end when a majority vote has been reached. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage.

Host note; Majority means a majority of all players (10) must vote for one player to lynch that player.

:shrug_confused:

And sometimes hosts forget to edit the part of the standard rules that they aren't following. :def_shrug: Maybe he went to sleep, maybe he has no intention of ending with a majority. Time will tell...

Shhhh! Don't tell the mods! :look::oh3:

Maybe you shouldn't have said that with a mod present :look:

We've had staff who are 12...or maybe younger. If you're not immature, we don't mind. But if you are, it doesn't even matter if you're older than 18...ban city. :devil:

So mature under-18s are allowed then?

We don't really want them telling us their age though...

Psh I joined when I was, like, 12. Six years ago.

"joined 12-june 11"

I once got grade 0+ on a math test. I overstretched trying to skip a year, but I knew enough to know that 0+ is the same as 0, so the + was only adding insult to injury. I told the professor and quit class at that moment. He acknowledged that it should be at least 1- (old grading system from 0 to 6) and even offered to tutor me extra to pass (he didn't know I tried to skip a year before I approached him). 2 was the passing grade, but I realized I had to take the first year to get the prerequisites to understand the matter. ;)

Edited by Sir Stig

Maybe you shouldn't have said that with a mod present :look:

Well, I hope at the ripe age of however-old-I-am-now, I won't be banned for my actions before 3 or so years ago. Statute of limitations, man!

And sometimes hosts forget to edit the part of the standard rules that they aren't following. :def_shrug: Maybe he went to sleep, maybe he has no intention of ending with a majority. Time will tell...

Um... Oops. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Days last 72 hours and will not close early unless there is a unanimous lynch. I will fix the rules accordingly. Sorry guys! :blush:

I really like how TPRU handled it in Ragnarok, and it was my original intent to have the rules work like that. I must have forgotten to change them when I was preparing them. :blush:

Rules have been changed and the new rules are bolded. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, just a further bit of insight into my logic: I wouldn't close a day early with mandatory voting. Then the game becomes more of a race and less of a puzzle. :wink:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Thanks for letting me play, Danny! Even if I didn't appreciate it at times... sorry about that mess.

Still had a great time though!

Thanks for playing, Xenophobic Monoxide! :classic: I was going to wait for the day conclusion to be uploaded to say so, but I do appreciate your sticktoitiveness! I hope you keep trying at Mafia! :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

A day conclusion has been posted.

Would the Mods leave the thread open a bit so I can edit in larger pictures when I get home and fix some formating things? :blush:

Night actions and revisions to night actions will be accepted until 12:00 midnight EST. I'd prefer if actions are bolded, even if it's clear what you mean. Thank you kindly. :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Day 2 anyone? :cry_sad:

Later this evening. Between 7 pm and 12 pm EST so I can time my "updates" and day endings for 1 hour before or 3 hours after I get out of work. I wouldn't start it earlier than 7 even if I finished everything. As it is I'm still working with JJP to get the pictures edited. Sorry bout that. I do want to get everything for you in as timely a fashion as possible, but I do want to keep everything coordinated with my schedule. :classic:

Odds are unless I get all night actions in really early, I will end up making full use of my 24 hours after the first 24 hours.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Side Game Update!

4 of 2: 1 or 2

4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic) = Seven of Nine (Star Trek), 42 reference (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

2!

4 of 2: 1 or 2

Seven of Nine from Star Trek: Voyager (also 42 from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)

Bock: 1

Bock Pathos / Bob = Spock ??

Bock Pathos (Bob) = Star Trek reference - presumably something to do with Klingons.

Clark: 1

:facepalm:Kubrick! Stanley Kubrick!

Clark Kubrick is a reference to 2001 a space odyssey, by Arthur C Clark and film directed by Stanley Kubrick

1!

Clark: 1

Arthur C Clarke + Stanley Kubrick. (Homicidal computer = 2001)

1!

Claw: 2 or 3

Claw / LazyChicken = Toy Story aliens

Claw (Lazychicken) = Toy Story reference.

So I have the another one for "Claw", besides the Toy Story reference, "Claw" is a single mind between several bodies represents Nestor from Battle Beyond The Stars.

Great thought, but that wasn't what I had in mind! :blush:

Clementine: 1, 2, or 3

Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer) = Dave Lister, sole surviving member of the crew of the Jupiter Mining Corporation mining vessel Red Dwarf. (Red Dwarf)

Alien reference.

Or the third reference might be "Clementine," but if so...I have no idea who that might be... :sceptic:

2!

Clementine is reference to Lister singing a parody of that song once, and therefore, part of the Lister reference.

That neurotoxin reference *might* be Portal, but I'm very, very unsure.

3!

Clementine: 1, 2, or 3

Name?

Neurotoxic = Portal series

Diamond: 2 or 3

Diamond Dodd (CallmePies) = Snake Plisken reference (Escape From New York)

While this is correct, in this case the reference is actually to the preliminary name for Kranxx, which would be a reference to a Lego theme, and therefor not counted as one of the 3 potential references.

The Pliskeen race are basically Mass Effect's asari. Can't seem to figure out my character's third reference.

1! That's why I gave them to a fan of Ass Effect!

Doctor Wen: 1

Doctor Wen (Xenophobic Monoxide) = Doctor Who (Doctor Who)

Doctor Wen: 1

Doctor Who. I haven't seen any series but there is a lot of blue call boxes at lego conventions. I also understand the “screwdriver” is iconic.

Ender: 2

Ender Gaiman / jluck = Ender Wiggin

Ender Gaiman (Jluck) = Ender(Ender's Game) and Neil Gaiman.

2!

Ender: 2

Ender + Game (Ender's game)

something more?

Hannah: 1

Hannah Ford / Ranger = Han Solo

Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest) = Han Solo (Star Wars)

Hannah: 1

Han Solo + Harrison Ford (being a smuggler confirmed my first guess)

1!

Harriet: 1

A quick Google search reveals Harriet Stomper is based off Harry Stamper from Armageddon. I'd like my poorly Photoshopped cookies now please. :laugh:

1!

As soon as I made that name, I was worried everyone would interpret it as a reference to Harriet Slutter... so I gave it to the new guy! :laugh:

Laura: 1

Laura Starbucks (Tariq) = Starbuck (Battlestar Galactica)

Laura: 1

Battlestar Galactica?

Major: 1

Major Dave (Fhomess) = ...David Bowie reference, maybe? (Major Tom)

Minga: 1

Gorgon is a mythological beast thing. Like Medusa. No idea about the first name.

I debated whether or not to count that as a reference, but decided not to, since: A. It's not Sci-Fi, and B: It's a reference to the part coming from the Lego Medusa, which would make it a Lego reference.

Clearly it's a reference to Minga Merciless, the despotic ruler from the classic sci-fi comic Flash Gorgon. :look:

1!

Ming the Merciless :hmpf:

Nathan: 2

I'm Nathan Mallard. If you've got a job, I can do it. Don't much care what it is.

Nathan: 2

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds (Firefly)?

song lyric (haven' googled the song name yet)

Paul Harkonnenn: 2

Paul Harkonenn named no doubt after Baron Harkonnen :wub: THANK YOU!

you're welcome! :grin:

Space builder nnenn

2!

Rip: 1

'Rip' Sewer / Captain Nemo = Ripley

'Rip' Sewer (Captain Nemo) = Ripley (Alien)

Rip: 1

Ellen Ripley + Sigourney Weaver

1!

Seamus: 1

Seamus Aaron (Hinckley) = Samus Aran (Metroid)

Seamus: 1

Samus Aran (Metroid series) As soon as I read the name I thought “If he's a bounty hunter I know this”. And then the last name and race (not entirely human) made it obvious. The bios was fun too (You can tell I like the Metroid games?[except other M] I even read the e-manga[not in Japanese thou])

1!

Vasquez: 2

Vasquez Rodriguez (Lady K) = Vasquez (Aliens) and Michelle Rodriguez

2! (also this...)

Zipzop: 1

Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig) = Zaphod Beeblebrox (Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy)

Does my character have a reference to Donnie Darko by any chance?

I considered it, but not in its final form. :blush: You do have plenty of references to male genitalia, however! :thumbup:

Zipzop: 1

Zaphod Beeblebrox (The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)

Other (enter spoilers at your own risk):

Heh heh. This planet has got the munchies, man.

Hey, is this in the same neighborhood as LV–426? I hear there are some nasty natives there, man. Or not natives or whatever. Nasty either way.

2/2! :grin:

Ray Bradbury Give me cookie!!! :cry_happy:

1! Definitely!

Also acceptable are this and that. 2 Star Wars characters.

Please point out any I may have missed! :blush:

Still needed:

Claw: 1 or 2

Diamond Dodd: 1 or 2

Nathan: 1

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Eurobricks. Only for 18 and over. :laugh:

Under normal circumstances, I don't believe that would have escaped our "child friendly" filter. :look: Fortunately for society, I paid attention to some of Hinck's lessons during Ragnorak. :devil:

Also yes, you may totally use "my" computer screen layout in future builds... but you'll probably see it in my weekly AG build too. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Under normal circumstances, I don't believe that would have escaped our "child friendly" filter. :look: Fortunately for society, I paid attention to some of Hinck's lessons during Ragnorak. :devil:

As did I. :laugh::wink::devil:

That's why I gave them to a fan of Ass Effect!

Also yes, you may totally use "my" computer screen layout in future builds... but you'll probably see it in my weekly AG build too. :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks! :sweet: Edited by Lind Whisperer

Hey, the Day 2 pictures are up on Flickr! :classic: When's the topic coming? :grin:

Who's dead? Am I dead? Am I talking beyond the grave? AM I A GHOST?!?!?

:distressed: :distressed: :distressed: :distressed: :distressed: :distressed: :distressed: :distressed:

I so did not see that coming...

...Am I dead, or am I alive? I can't tell!

Post day! Post day! Post daaaayyyyyyyyyyyy!

Hey, the Day 2 pictures are up on Flickr! :classic: When's the topic coming? :grin:

Mafia etiquette tip: not cool. :blush: