Sign in to follow this  

I am working on some MODs for my 42043, so I build a copy of the front and rear axle of the Arocs and made a new chassis around them. In order to get a feeling for the correct proportions, I placed the 8258 cabine, front outrigger module and crane on this chassis and this is the result:

2s1x1jk.jpg

Note that this is a mock-up, so none of the functions are connected to anything at the moment.

What do you think, is this something worth pursuing? Should I focus on modding my 42043 or continue with this 8258 derivative? If so, what should its cargo be?

This is going to depend on your building skills,if you are new to building then carry on the way you are.

But if you have some experience then you should build a nicer looking cab,The crane could also do with some work.

I got the same Idea... but no time now... I have finished Mercedes yesterday and realized that mudgards are high because of high wheel movement by springing of suspension... But for 8258 I would not make such high mudgards although I would risk contact of wheels with mudgards...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

But for 8258 I would not make such high mudgards although I would risk contact of wheels with mudgards...

The articulation of the 42043 suspension is quite big, so the height of the mudguards in my photo is really what you need if you want to clear the wheels at maximum articulation.

If you want to stay true to the 8258, you will need to restrict the articulation. However, I'm looking for an off-road look, I'm considering a lumber truck like:

volvo__cignik_siodowy_volvo_fh_16_520_do_duycy_1996_1_lgw.jpg

I have found a really good looking tow MB Arocs... :*

42043 + 42008?