Gearslover01

Winter Village Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Thing is, we already got halloween sets once with the Monster Fighters series, and they decided to discontinue it

I just looked through the Monster Fighter sets, and they really are not a Halloween Village theme.  There are no shops,  trick or treaters, and such.  There is a haunted house, but it was 180 dollars...  Nothing that really matches up with what you see if you google Halloween Village collections put out by other companies.  These were meant as toys primarily, where as I think the WV line is part diorama, part play set.  

6 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Speaking of “evil elves”….Have you watched Krampus movie? Or Nightmare Beore Christmas? :P This will help you picture more better. Spooky and festive, yet twisted, lego set…

Nightmare Before Christmas is a classic. You’ve just reminded me that I have the Sally and Jack to also add to the Halloween scene. Haven’t watched Krampus yet, is it good?

18 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I think you meant "decoration for the cult"

Of course Brother, forgive me!  

Lego Cult Member #959620 here,

Is anyone else who ordered the Main Street set within a few hours of it going on the website still have their order sitting in the warehouse?  Since that is (checks notes) one of the harbingers of the end of the world, I was just curious.   All Hail Emmet from whom all Lego flows.  

22 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Thing is, we already got halloween sets once with the Monster Fighters series, and they decided to discontinue it

Uhh….?

20 hours ago, Celtchief said:

I just looked through the Monster Fighter sets, and they really are not a Halloween Village theme.  There are no shops,  trick or treaters, and such.  There is a haunted house, but it was 180 dollars...  Nothing that really matches up with what you see if you google Halloween Village collections put out by other companies.  These were meant as toys primarily, where as I think the WV line is part diorama, part play set.  

This. 

Okay,  I’m sorry for brining this Halloween topic up on this Winter Village thread. Please let’s go back to the Winter Village topic, folks!

Anyone starting to get the set in hand?  I am supposed to get it today.  Just curious about people's thoughts once in hand.  

2 hours ago, Celtchief said:

Anyone starting to get the set in hand?  I am supposed to get it today.  Just curious about people's thoughts once in hand.  

Interested to see it amongst the older wv sets as opposed to HP ones etc. I decided to get the ice rink instead. Planning on maybe altering it somewhat with a brown wooden cabin and remove the slide and Chinese things. Make it a bit more natural looking. Looking forward to having my first attempt at modifying

On 10/6/2022 at 12:29 AM, Celtchief said:

Of course Brother, forgive me!  

Lego Cult Member #959620 here,

Is anyone else who ordered the Main Street set within a few hours of it going on the website still have their order sitting in the warehouse?  Since that is (checks notes) one of the harbingers of the end of the world, I was just curious.   All Hail Emmet from whom all Lego flows.  

My order just shipped this morning. 

I built the tram the other day and the music shop this evening. Both are very enjoyable and nice looking I must say! I am going to remake the buildings into mini modulars (16x32) tho. The original(s) are way too shallow...

Edited by Chilis

What are everyone's thoughts on whether it will sell out?

I'm holding fire on ordering at the moment as I want to see what the planned Winter GWPs are, to see if they would compliment a WV, and then order to get both. (making up the order to the qualifying amount of course)

I don't want to miss out on Main Street and worried it will be out of stock before we even get a leak of the GWPs

1 hour ago, Karlos Bandidos said:

What are everyone's thoughts on whether it will sell out?

I'm holding fire on ordering at the moment as I want to see what the planned Winter GWPs are, to see if they would compliment a WV, and then order to get both. (making up the order to the qualifying amount of course)

I don't want to miss out on Main Street and worried it will be out of stock before we even get a leak of the GWPs

Get it while you can, because as soon as Halloween is over it will become Christmas time. I also honestly don't think there is gonna be a specific GWP purchase for this set. If there was, we would have probably heard of it by now. We are hearing bit and pieces about January's (apparent) Blacktron and Tahu GWP's but radio silence about anything WV related.

Edited by Murdoch17

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

Get it while you can, because as soon as Halloween is over it will become Christmas time. I also honestly don't think there is gonna be a specific GWP purchase for this set. If there was, we would have probably heard of it by now. We are hearing bit and pieces about January's (apparent) Blacktron and Tahu GWP's but radio silence about anything WV related.

As others have stated, if recent history is any indicator, the first holiday GWP will be Black Friday weekend and the second will be early December. There is no reason to expect any different this year.

40564 Winter Elves & 40565 Santa's Workshop are the rumored names, no images yet.

Edited by CDM

Hoping to get some WV GWP leaks soon. I am holding off on picking up main street until then. Even if it sells out this winter, you have 2 years to pick it up.

The family and I put the Main Street and Hogsmeade sets together tonight.  Just those two sets together create a full scene of a main street, with a trolley running in front of them.    I am super pleased to add them to my winter village this year.  The stores look really good in person, and the trolley is more solid then I realized, can't wait to motorize it.  

Edited by Celtchief

I have been thinking about the idea that the small town main street sets don't fit into the previous aesthetic of the Winter Village.  When I put up my Main Street shops with the Hogsmeade shops next to them, even though they clearly had a different design, they were unified in other ways.  First off, looking wintery, and 2nd, the size is similar.  And then I started thinking about the other WV pieces, and realized they are different sizes and such.  But, that said, I started thinking about the real small towns and villages I have visited, such as Payson AZ.  There are shops, there are trailers, there are single home houses, there is a main street with everything from family owned diners to franchises.  And Payson has been built up over 100 years. Nothing seems out of place, because that is what Payson is.  I think so some degree, that is true with our Winter Villages.  Actual villages and towns were not build with a stylebook (usually) that remained unchanged over the centuries, so buildings are going to look different, have different styles.  Obviously each of us gets to decide what we want in our village, but I think when you put all the sets together, buildings won't feel out of place, because they have the two key elements, they are the same scale and in a winter/Christmas environment.  And therefore, when we look at it as a whole, we take in the overall impression, and its works, at least for me.  Anyhow, kind of a long thesis, but my point is that the buildings being different styles is actually realistic, and I don't think will diminish the effect of the overall village.  

BrickClicker has video up w/ images of new Christmas themed BAM and Nov GWP. $170 threshold. Hopefully it's worth it

1 hour ago, keba said:

Which one do you prefer guys?

Very similar to 2 GWPs from prior years haha. Very fun though regardless. I still remember the original gifts that you could buy seperately (the 2 rooms that combined to make a single living room. One side with the Christmas tree and the other with the fireplace) so it’s fun to see how far we’ve gotten with them.

The Santa one looks more fun for kids. Love the details and double doors. Very quaint barn-like interior and great computer screen piece. But the elf one is such a cute display piece for the season with some very nice mountains. Not a fan of that blue turntable piece sticking out of the front but still looks cute. Might have to go with the elf one.

I like them both. I plan to add finished roof to 40565 and combine w/ Santa's workshop 10245 and Elf workshop GWP 40106. I also really dig that BAM sweater torso. Anyone know the part number or if it's exclusive?