CM4Sci

Minecraft 2016

^ Here in Australia the Minecraft sets are extremely popular and have sold out in many stores on numerous occasions. I also read that Minecraft is one of LEGO's strongest and most popular themes. So I don't think it's going to end anytime soon.

Does anybody know, when the license of Lego Minecraft is going to end? Will "The Fortress" and "The Village" be the last two sets of the theme? I wonder, because I like Lego Minecraft so much and can't wait for the new sets to arrive at my country's shops. Though, I've heard, that this theme isn't very popular, so it is likely, that 2016 is the last year for it. So bad...

Where have you heard that they're not popular? They're actually one of LEGO's best selling licensed sets from what I heard!

Where have you heard that they're not popular? They're actually one of LEGO's best selling licensed sets from what I heard!

I am sorry, because in my country they are not selling well due to the high prices. And most of the Lego-fans here, whom I know are very sceptical about the theme. That's why I am asking, because I am really looking for more sets to come next year and I do love Minecraft theme:)

Edited by Ookami

I don't know if there's any better place to ask but it's not about the sets: has anyone seen any mindblowing minecraft fan displays at lego conventions? As in, foot-tall, fill-a-folding-table kinda things? Because I'd like to gaze upon something like that if anyone has a quick link. Otherwise, ignore me.

I don't know if there's any better place to ask but it's not about the sets: has anyone seen any mindblowing minecraft fan displays at lego conventions? As in, foot-tall, fill-a-folding-table kinda things? Because I'd like to gaze upon something like that if anyone has a quick link. Otherwise, ignore me.

Well, this:

is probably big enough, but not really an AFOL thing. Compared to that, Jang's is rather small, but pretty awesome imo:

Well, this:

is probably big enough, but not really an AFOL thing. Compared to that, Jang's is rather small, but pretty awesome imo:

Cool, thanks!

The May calendar is now out and shows a VIP early release on the 18th. I am pretty sure that it's going to be The Village.

The May calendar is now out and shows a VIP early release on the 18th. I am pretty sure that it's going to be The Village.

Isn't that more likely to be 21127: The Fortress?

On a separate note, I caved in and bought 21125: The Jungle Tree House, even though it's appallingly priced, compared to the US. It was the set that I was most looking forward to, so I couldn't wait any longer and picked it up for double VIP points, at least. Plus another Chicken Suit Guy... :-)

I wasn't let down, either, as it's a fantastic set! I love the new jungle trees and vines, there's loads of Medium Nougat bricks and overall it just looks great!

I have immediately added the bricks required to make the creeper face build to my next BrickLink order, so that I can build it separately and add to my Minecraft diorama, which I am itching to rebuild, now that I have all the new wave of sets. I might hold off until The Fortress and The Village turn up, so that I can build one massive display, as I've been stocking up on plates and basic Reddish Brown & Medium Stone Grey bricks, for creating basic landscapes.

Can't wait! :-)

^Sorry, I misunderstood. This is a generic, not-necessarily-Minecraft VIP exclusive, from what I can see. Is there any reason that you think this is going to be The Village?

The full set of D2Cs for 2016 is believed to be:

75159 The Death Star

75144 Snowspeeder

75098 Assault on Hoth - S@H states available 30th April

75257 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ - Already Released

76052 Classic TV Series Batcave - Already Released

71040 [Minifigures] - September?

21128 The Village - August?

10251 Brick Bank - Already Released

10253 Big Ben

I think that it is more likely to be one of the others, but I'll be very happy, if it does turn out to be The Village.

I really want to see the Village and how it will differ from the Fortress. Also just a thought, but since this is an ongoing line and is licensed should this maybe be moved to the Licensed thread?

I have it on good authority that the Village D2C is to be revealed later today on Brickset (and presumably other places).

21128_front_01.jpg

I think the set has a nice atmosphere. It features the maximum amount of key elements found in a village, except for the church, which is understandable given TLG's policy. In other words, this is a pretty accurate, proper, complete village! :sweet: Now that is something we hardly see.. eh... ever? Also, I like the villager. Maybe the torso could even be used to make regular minifig monks.

So, the bad things, then. As with most of the Minecraft sets, this one has quite a bad price-per-piece ratio. I think that for a D2C set, they should have gone for the 10 cents per piece mark, so that it would be a 2000-piece set. We could have gotten an extra house, along with an extra villager. I am also a little annoyed that they still haven't changed the default skin (but keeping the Steve/Alex head), because don't tell me the designers aren't creative enough to make some nice biome/scene/activity-related custom skins! :hmpf_bad: This applies more to the range in general, though.

So, that leaves chickens and enchanting tables (among other things) to be desired. I don't know if another wave is confirmed yet, but I will go ahead and make a few guesses (/wishful thinking projections) about possible upcoming sets, for fun :classic: :

- Ocean Monument Raid: large structure with lots of sand green/sand blue elements, two Guardians and Steve in diamond armour. €99,99

- Wizard Tower Attack: dark brown and dark ora (?) tower, pointy dark red roof. Includes Alex, a Spider Jockey, enchanting table, potions, and decorated banners. €69,99

- The Swamp Hut: resembles the structure found in the game, includes Witch, Slime, Chicken and Steve with leather helmet. €34,99

- Mushroom Island: giant mushroom, some mycelium terrain, includes Mooshroom cow and Steve with map and compass. €19,99

Edited by Exetrius

It's pretty much what I expected, but I had high expectations so that's not a bad thing! My only major complaint with the set itself is the ironic lack of villagers. Honestly, I would be willing to trade Steve, Alex, and the zombie for more villlagers, as those three are quite easy to get cheaply. But overall, it gets a pass from me, and I hope to see more sets like these from LEGO Minecraft!

Well, I'm very happy that this VIP release is, indeed, The Village! :-)

The set itself looks really very good indeed, with the exception of the choice of figs. We really don't need both Steve *and* Alex, as well as another zombie, creeper *and* Enderman... Also, why they have included an Iron Golem, when they have only just released a specific set for that, I don't know. I'd think that, if you are going to buy The Village, you'll already have, or will get The Iron Golem. An additional villager or two would have been appreciated, as well as CHICKENS!!!

The villagers that we are getting do look excellent and the inclusion of a zombie villager is also appreciated! :-)

So what Minecraft sets do we have left for LEGO to do? Village and Fortress are coming. I suppose we have Witch set is yet to do. What else is left?

Here is what I said on this same page about this:

-snip-

So, that leaves chickens and enchanting tables (among other things) to be desired. I don't know if another wave is confirmed yet, but I will go ahead and make a few guesses (/wishful thinking projections) about possible upcoming sets, for fun :classic: :

- Ocean Monument Raid: large structure with lots of sand green/sand blue elements, two Guardians and Steve in diamond armour. €99,99

- Wizard Tower Attack: dark brown and dark ora (?) tower, pointy dark red roof. Includes Alex, a Spider Jockey, enchanting table, potions, and decorated banners. €69,99

- The Swamp Hut: resembles the structure found in the game, includes Witch, Slime, Chicken and Steve with leather helmet. €34,99

- Mushroom Island: giant mushroom, some mycelium terrain, includes Mooshroom cow and Steve with map and compass. €19,99

Sorry I must have missed that in my sporadic reading of this thread. Chickens are indeed on the list. Witchy Swamp Hut also. The others sound good but are they 'iconic' enough to be done as a LEGO set? Maybe this is last wave?

I think they could get a few more sets out. But a "The Swamp" set with some Slimes and at least one Witch must be in the works.

I like how they did the armour stand. Also notice that the set comes with every sword from wood up to diamond! The creeper banners are cool and iconic, the horse is captured in brick form very well and overall te set looks like a fairly proper fortress.

This set is definitely the best one, albeit not as big as the Village. 4 variants of constructions is the main reason why I will buy this set when it is released, not talking about minifigures, equipment and a horse

Edited by Ookami