CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #140: Requiem for a Machine

"Um... not that I know of." Annienal replies, feeling somewhat stumped. "I haven't really read anything on machines and what not... sorry."

"No idea." Calamity answers cheerfully. "But, he doesn't seem to be keeping it intact, and that ether core seems connected to it... Maybe... Let's see if this does anything." Calamity aims a darkness spell at the Ether Core.

Edited by Scubacarrot

The big man looks around the room, lots of strange stuff. Keliim had not really seen anything like it before. The orb and "golden lamp" like apparatus caught his eyes.

"What ist that?"

He looks at the old man, "Whateve' his doin', I thinks it wouldst be a good thing to stop him. Wouldst some charm(magic) or a light bomb break hist concentration?"

Calamity aims a darkness spell at the Ether Core.

When Calamity uses her darkness, keliim grins a bit painfuly and raises his arm to cover himself from the effect.

"No idea." Calamity answers cheerfully. "But, he doesn't seem to be keeping it intact, and that ether core seems connected to it... Maybe... Let's see if this does anything." Calamity aims a darkness spell at the Ether Core.

Calamity expends one ether to fling a darkness spell at the ether core, but it fizzles out as it comes into contact with the barrier.

19510387124_06631a879f_t.jpg

"Interesting..."

The big man looks around the room, lots of strange stuff. Keliim had not really seen anything like it before. The orb and "golden lamp" like apparatus caught his eyes.

"What ist that?"

He looks at the old man, "Whateve' his doin', I thinks it wouldst be a good thing to stop him. Wouldst some charm(magic) or a light bomb break hist concentration?"

"I don't...believe so. This barrier is like nothing I've seen before. Maybe there's something here that can help shed some light on what this thing is?" the alchemist suggested, shrugging at the fallen lab table they had passed.

Calamity checks the fallen table for anything that seems useful or relevant.

"Wouldn't it be great if my spells started being effective again?"

Keliim looks around the place for something to shut down the barrier or something.

Sorry, I need a bit more time to work out this puzzle. But you're all roughly two thirds of the way in, we should finish the quest before Halloween. :sweet:

Keliim looks around the place for something to shut down the barrier or something.

Kellim doesn't see any apparatus they can reach to disable the barrier. It's likely that the ether core in the device is powering it, but it's behind the barrier itself. More worrying is that the ether core, the barrier, and the genie lamp encased in some strange machine appear to be linked.

Calamity checks the fallen table for anything that seems useful or relevant.

Several Vibrataphones, smashed from being thrown to the ground by the upended table, are scattered across the floor. Avina starts poking around the machines. Calamity finds a few research records. It's hard to discern it through all the technobabble, but it appears that the scientists ('Threi Havloc' being one of them) were working on developing soundproof materials.

Study has suggested that it may be possible to muffle sound when certain elements are introduced into materials making up walls - like houses can be insulated against the cold, walls can also be insulated against sound. Naturally the applications for such a technology would be significant. We have received appropriate funding and have acquired several Vibrataphones with sample music rolls that can mimic various pitches of volume. We must ensure even the loudest of noises cannot penetrate the materials we are researching.

Pages of various experiments - all listed as having failed - follow, until one entry dated only a few days ago.

None of the materials we have experimented on have been able to muffle sound. It is possible Doctor Legonardo has access to such materials but our research isn't nearly significant enough to warrant a distraction from his current work. We have abandoned our efforts in finding readily available soundproof materials for the moment...however, we do have other methods. One of our suppliers obtained a used Lamp of Summoning alongside a fresh supply of ether cores.

Raw ether has its uses, but very old magic such this can have an extensive variety of applications....the djinn that inhabits the lamp, however, is being uncooperative, stating that he has fulfilled his 'three wishes' and merely wishes to sleep. Cooperation does not seem to be essential however, as we've borrowed an ether converter from the Department of Alternative Power Studies and using it to siphon the djinn's inherent magic and convert it into pure ethereal power - which, as we predicted, has proven a very effective soundproof barrier!* The Lamp Containment Unit keeps the djinn in its lamp, and from there it's relatively easy to use that magic to power the barrier.

* - Our calculations indicate that a sustained, simultaneous striking of all possible pitches will generate a frequency that could potentially destroy the barrier..or more accurately, the sound will simply cause a catastrophic chain reaction by driving the djinn out of its lamp. Luckily none of our sample rolls has such a capability.

Note to self: Speak to Doctor Telsa about these inquiries into our science team. I don't know who this 'Spymaster Tanooki' thinks he is, but I'm quite certain none of my research team are spies. What kind of spymaster goes hunting double agents?

"Interesting..." muttered Avina, looking over Calamity's shoulder. "One of these vibrataphones is intact. And we appear to have all these sample rolls. If we generate a sound as loud as possible across multiple pitches for as long as we can....the vibrataphone probably won't survive, but it should overload this barrier."

She picked up the bundle of sample sound rolls and unrolled them.

21400725076_0c279d784e_b.jpg

"Each one of these bumps represents a note. Typically these rolls as far longer and create music, but it sounds like the scientists were just using it to test soundproof materials....useful. But no single roll will do the job. We need to find several of them, and then from there I think I could splice them all together. So, we need to find three music rolls that, when combined, hit every possible note at the same time. The bumps can't overlap, though. Orientation of the rolls shouldn't matter."

Avina glances at the party.

"Any questions?"

NOTE: DO NOT POST THE SOLUTION IN THIS TOPIC. Each of you can PM me your solution within 24 hours to receive experience for the puzzle. :thumbup:

"When you said orientation shouldn't matter, does that mean we can turn them clockwise and counterclockwise, or can we mirror them too?"

"When you said orientation shouldn't matter, does that mean we can turn them clockwise and counterclockwise, or can we mirror them too?"

"Only turn."

Keliim listens to Avina and then looks at the samples for awhile.

"Hmm... Aye, alright. Ok'y, intrestin'"

Sorry once more, got sidetracked near the end of yesterday.

The party scrambles to figure out which sample rolls will do the best job of busting the barrier. Eventually everyone determines that rolls 1, 9, and 3 have the best shot of it. Avina takes the rolls and cuts the blank pieces away very carefully, layering the sheets on top of the eachother.

"Let's hope this doesn't blow up in our faces. Immediately, anyway."

She loads the abomination of a music rolls into the intact Vibrataphone and cranks it up. Apparently even the device has been modified, because no sound it makes is even akin to music. It's a rough, static-y white noise for a while, get slowly louder and higher in pitch. Avina clamps one hand over one ear as she continues to crank the machine, the noise becoming mind-numbing and almost unbearable to everyone in the room. The party can't hear it, but they can see the 'Lamp Containment Unit' in the corner begin to rattle with a slight tick. The sound reaches it peak, and finally, the containment unit's glass casing cracks, a bit of smoke spilling out of it. The ether core mounted in the device in the middle of the room dims, and the ethereal barrier flickers slightly before going out. Everyone gains experience! Chalvo straightens up with a start, looking as though he has a terrible headache from the sound.

21241188611_b0a1acb05c_t.jpg

"...O-Oh dear. I didn't-"

20846957264_88f1da2a83_t.jpg

"GAAAAH!!!!"

A thick bluish smoke had filled the containment unit and was now steadily seeping out through the crack and reforming into a vaguely physical form of a djinn.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS YOUR PROBLEM, FIRST YOU LOCK ME IN THAT THING, NOW I CAN'T EVEN HEAR THE SOUND OF MY OWN VOICE???"

"....WHAT?"

"WHAT? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING? CAN YOU HEAR A WORD I'M SAYING??" The djinn glared at the party with surprising intensity. "FINE, FORGET THIS, I'M GETTING OUT, AND NONE OF YOU ARE STOPPING ME!!"

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies

Mayrene *Immune to poisoned, cursed, hexed, blinded, and sealed*

Level ??? Ethereal Humanoid

Health: 411/411

Ether: 12/12

Special I: Three Wishes - Mayrene grants the encouraged, hastened, and nimble effects, at the cost of 1 ether each, to a random ally for the duration of the next round.

Special II: Three Curses - Mayrene deals the hexed, afraid, and fragile effects to the enemy. Used if Three Wishes is already in effect or if out of ether.

Passive Special: Illusion - If Mayrene's Barrier falls, she will summon another at the end of the following round at the cost of 3 ether if she has ether.

Drops: Lapis Lamp of Summoning

Note: Mayrene's level is equal to the attacking hero's times 2.5

21459062192_6a2d187b96_o.jpg

Ethereal Barrier *50/50 chance to absorb damage from Mayrene*

Level 10 Ethereal

Health: 37/37

Special: Mystic Binding - The barrier absorbs half of the hero's remaining health and restores it to itself.

Drops: Potion

Party

a126cabc798a9ad470820a8d617b5d8c.png

Mortimer "Em" Mahzan (Emjajoas)

Unknown age human male Warden *Immune to Electricity, Fire, Water, and Ice* *Half damage from elemental attacks* *Party Leader* *Hastened* *Reinforced*

Level 25.66

Power Bonus: 6

Defense: 29 58

Health: 25/46

Gold: 339

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:16, permanent poisoned 17, cursed), Vigilant (SP 12, halved damage from elemental attacks, immune to Electricity, Fire, and Water; shield), Iron Knuckle Armour (Body, foot, and hand wear. Counts as one artefact. Usable by knights and dragoons. SP: 10. Cannot be removed by enemies), Anniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory, Power +4, SP +4, Max. Health +4, Max. Ether +4. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year), Frost Helm (SP: 3, immune to ice, suitable for anyone, headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Blazing Bow (WP: 14, Fire-elemental), Doppelganger (WP:10, Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on the target enemy on successful hits; longsword), Balanced Main-Gauce (WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Carpenter's Gloves (Enhancement is automatically successful, traps deal double damage, handwear, suitable for artisans), Wolfish Fedora (+5 WP for each standing hero with Wolfgang reputation and Wolfgang NPC in the party, headwear, suitable for heroes with Wolfgang reputation), Flash Cannon (WP: 10, has a 1/2 chance of dealing the blinded-effect, light-elemental handcannon)

Consumables: Health Core x3, Remedy, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Esssence (3), Ambrosia (4), Mulled Wine (2), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Elixir, Bone, Smoke Bomb (5), Floral Bomb (2), Ice Bomb (2), Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb (2), Holy Bomb (2), Dirt Bomb (2), Air Bomb (2), Chaotic Bomb (100 random elemental damage to all opponents)

Misc: Bedroll (2), Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Reaper's Heart, Mythril Shard (1), Amethyst, 5 Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Oath of Renewal (When the targeted enemy is killed, the Vindicator regains full health. Oath, suitable for vindicators), Lover's Lyrics (Minstrel's Battle Song; deal the enamored-effect to all enemies at the cost of 1 ether per affected enemy.)

18717533121_e5362cca03_t.jpg

Annienal Anavir (Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Mystic Knight *Bonaparte Reputation* *Immunity to Earth and Fragile* *Takes half damage from elemental attacks* *Hastened*

Level 17

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 12

Health: 19/32

Ether: 14/21

Gold: 40

Equipment: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, Halved Damage from elemental attacks; shield),

Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth, suitable to ether users, footwear)

Inventory: Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to Sudden Death, backwear), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 Chance of Blinding with attacks, accessory), Helmet (Max Health +1, headwear), Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Plain Shield (SP: 5), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to Beasts and Vermin, headwear, suitable to everyone)

Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Mythril Shard

Consumables: 2x Potions, Grand Potion, Field Rations (Restore 15 health), 2x Phoenix Essences, 4x Remedies, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Pickaxe, Grand Tonic, 4 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether)

Scrolls: Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity (Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage *Hastened*

Level 8

Power bonus: 2 (spell)

Health: 12/12

Ether: 7/12

Gold: 116

Equipment: Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff), Gold skin Gloves (Spell power +2, Usable by mages, Handwear)

Inventory: Bedroll, 4x Potion, 2x Tonic,4x Remedy, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the Blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Amethyst, Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff)

16580412818_113a708a52_s.jpg

Keliim (Mencot)

35 years old male human Barbarian *Hastened*

Level 11

Health: 18/18

Defense: 2 (doubled against free hits)

Gold: 42

Equipment: Dwarven Orichalcum Axe (WP: 5), Heroic Helm (Headwear, SP:2, Helm's SP doubles on free hits)

Inventory:

Order Imperial Longsword (WP: 5),Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock), Королева's Blessing (When equipped the player gains the ability to Animal Speak to Spiders only, and all spiders are Enamored with him for the first three rounds of battle, accessory), Scarab Shield (SP3 Shield, bearer takes half damage from vermin)

Consumables: x9 Potion, Grand Potion, 3X Mead, 1X Smelling salt, 2X Smoke Bomb, 1X Poison, 1X Dirt Bomb, Demeter Bomb (Deals 100 wood-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), 5 Holy Bombs, Double Rainbow (Gives the user the encouraged, lucky, poisoned by 1, and confused effects.)

Misc: Shovel, 2X Obsidian Shard: may be affixed to a blunt weapon to give the Bleeding 2 effect for one battle. 2X Charion beetle horn. 1 X Crystal Shard(treasure item, worth 20 gold)

Avina Truenal, Crimson Crown Alchemaster

36 years old female human Alchemist (NPC, controlled by Emjajoas) *Immune to Cursed, Jinxed, Hexed, Transcended, and Blessed* *Hastened*

Level 15.5

Health: 24/34

Equipment: Zeta and Sigma (WP: 13, dual strike, daggers), Leather Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear), Masque (Immune to cursed, jinxed, hexed, transcended and blessed, accessory, suitable to members of the Order of the Crimson Crown)

Inventory: Hyper Arc Tonic, 2 Gold Bars, Diluted Arc Tonic, 3 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether), 6 Holy Bombs

Everyone, please choose an action. Party leader, please create a battle order.

Battle Order:

Annienal

Annienal

Mortimer attacks Mayrene with Erdy's Handcannon from the Back Row

Mortimer attacks Mayrene with Erdy's Handcannon from the Back Row

Avina attacks Mayrene with Zeta and Sigma from the Back Row

Avina attacks Mayrene with Zeta and Sigma from the Back Row

Keliim

Keliim

Calamity

Calamity

Edited by Emjajoas

OOC: Annienal ate the Field Rations earlier, so she should be up to her max health. :classic:

Annienal covers her ears, the sharpness of the audio hurting more than nails squealing across a chalkboard. Finally it stops as the djinn emerges.

"Um... I'll take on the barrier, Mortimer. Let me go ahead of you and perhaps I can take it down... um, if that's alright with you."

Annienal focuses on the Etherial Barrier from the front row for both of her actions.

OoC: Keliim should be Encouraged.

Keliim also holds his ears to the loud sharp noice and turns away from the barrier when it goes out.

When he gets back up and turns around the genie of the lamp is standing infront of them.

"Whoa, a real genie, 'at thoo don´t see everyday!"

The genie try to get away from there.

"Whow, whow, where thou goin'? We want uir three wishes! The big man says smiling laughing and He attacks the djinn from backrow but also try to get the lamp!

Edited by Mencot

"WHAT DID SHE SAY? SHOULD WE JUST HIT HER?"

Calamity attacks Mayrene with a darkness spell from the back row, twice.

"Whow, whow, where thou goin'? We want uir three wishes! The big man says smiling and He attacks the djinn from backrow but also try to get the lamp!

"Um... the genie's already granted it's three wishes though..."

"it wast Suppoos tae be a joke, lassie but a lamp ist always useful, with a genie or not" Keliim says smiling, while he is preapering to attack the genie twice.

Edited by Mencot

Round of Genie out of a Bottle

Annienal vs. Barrier (Cutlass) - Shield: Spellblade Spin (Seven hits, two to Barrier, KO'd, five to Mayrene = 175 damage to Mayrene)

Annienal vs. Barrier Mayrene (Cutlass) - Enchantment (-8 ether, +1 SP)

>Mortimer vs. Mayrene (Tritech) - Aim (22 damage)

>Mortimer vs. Mayrene (Tritech) - Special Damage: Three Wishes (Mayrene encouraged, hastened, and nimble, -3 ether)

>Avina vs. Mayrene (Zeta and Sigma) - Damage (37x2/2 = 37 damage, Avina KO'd)

>Avina vs. Mayrene (Zeta and Sigma)

>Keliim vs. Mayrene (Axe) - Shield: Frenzy (32/2x2 = 32 damage, no avoid)

>Keliim vs. Mayrene (Axe) - Hit (Damage avoided)

>Calamity vs. Mayrene (Darkness) - Damage (20x2/2 = 20 damage, Calamity KO'd)

>Calamity vs. Mayrene (Darkness)

Mayrene vs. Annienal - (42x2 - 13 = 69 damage, KO'd)

Mayrene summons Barrier - (-3 ether)

The round starts off well. Annienal blitzes both enemies with her cutlass, tearing through the barrier, and then pours some ether into her shield. Mortimer and Kellim dish out some hits, but Mayrene imbues herself with a variety of effects and knocks out Calamity and Avina with ease, then nearly does the same to Annienal, her arm forming a huge, cloudy hammer as she swings. She then puts up a second barrier around herself - hitting her's going to be difficult this round, but she's burning through her ether stores rapidly.

Enemies

Mayrene *Immune to poisoned, cursed, hexed, blinded, and sealed* *Encouraged* *Hastened* *Nimble*

Level ??? Ethereal Humanoid

Health: 182/411

Ether: 6/12

Special I: Three Wishes - Mayrene grants the encouraged, hastened, and nimble effects, at the cost of 1 ether each, to a random ally for the duration of the next round.

Special II: Three Curses - Mayrene deals the hexed, afraid, and fragile effects to the enemy. Used if Three Wishes is already in effect or if out of ether.

Passive Special: Illusion - If Mayrene's Barrier falls, she will summon another at the end of the following round at the cost of 3 ether if she has ether.

Drops: Lapis Lamp of Summoning

Note: Mayrene's level is equal to the attacking hero's times 2.5

21459062192_6a2d187b96_o.jpg

Ethereal Barrier *50/50 chance to absorb damage from Mayrene*

Level 10 Ethereal

Health: 37/37

Special: Mystic Binding - The barrier absorbs half of the hero's remaining health and restores it to itself.

Drops: Potion

Party

a126cabc798a9ad470820a8d617b5d8c.png

Mortimer "Em" Mahzan (Emjajoas)

Unknown age human male Warden *Immune to Electricity, Fire, Water, and Ice* *Half damage from elemental attacks* *Party Leader* *Hastened* *Reinforced*

Level 25.66

Power Bonus: 6

Defense: 29 58

Health: 25/46

Gold: 339

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:16, permanent poisoned 17, cursed), Vigilant (SP 12, halved damage from elemental attacks, immune to Electricity, Fire, and Water; shield), Iron Knuckle Armour (Body, foot, and hand wear. Counts as one artefact. Usable by knights and dragoons. SP: 10. Cannot be removed by enemies), Anniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory, Power +4, SP +4, Max. Health +4, Max. Ether +4. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year), Frost Helm (SP: 3, immune to ice, suitable for anyone, headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Blazing Bow (WP: 14, Fire-elemental), Doppelganger (WP:10, Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on the target enemy on successful hits; longsword), Balanced Main-Gauce (WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Carpenter's Gloves (Enhancement is automatically successful, traps deal double damage, handwear, suitable for artisans), Wolfish Fedora (+5 WP for each standing hero with Wolfgang reputation and Wolfgang NPC in the party, headwear, suitable for heroes with Wolfgang reputation), Flash Cannon (WP: 10, has a 1/2 chance of dealing the blinded-effect, light-elemental handcannon)

Consumables: Health Core x3, Remedy, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Esssence (3), Ambrosia (4), Mulled Wine (2), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Elixir, Bone, Smoke Bomb (5), Floral Bomb (2), Ice Bomb (2), Lightning Bomb, Fire Bomb, Water Bomb (2), Holy Bomb (2), Dirt Bomb (2), Air Bomb (2), Chaotic Bomb (100 random elemental damage to all opponents)

Misc: Bedroll (2), Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Reaper's Heart, Mythril Shard (1), Amethyst, 5 Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Oath of Renewal (When the targeted enemy is killed, the Vindicator regains full health. Oath, suitable for vindicators), Lover's Lyrics (Minstrel's Battle Song; deal the enamored-effect to all enemies at the cost of 1 ether per affected enemy.)

18717533121_e5362cca03_t.jpg

Annienal Anavir (Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Mystic Knight *Bonaparte Reputation* *Immunity to Earth and Fragile* *Takes half damage from elemental attacks* *KO'D*

Level 17

Defense: 13

Health: 0/32

Ether: 6/21

Equipment: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Crescent Shield (SP: 8, Halved Damage from elemental attacks; shield),

Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth, suitable to ether users, footwear)

Inventory: Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to Sudden Death, backwear), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 Chance of Blinding with attacks, accessory), Helmet (Max Health +1, headwear), Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Plain Shield (SP: 5), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to Beasts and Vermin, headwear, suitable to everyone)

Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Mythril Shard

Consumables: 2x Potions, Grand Potion, 2x Phoenix Essences, 4x Remedies, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Pickaxe, Grand Tonic, 4 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether)

Scrolls: Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity (Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage *KO'D*

Level 8

Power bonus: 2 (spell)

Health: 0/12

Ether: 7/12

Gold: 116

Equipment: Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff), Gold skin Gloves (Spell power +2, Usable by mages, Handwear)

Inventory: Bedroll, 4x Potion, 2x Tonic,4x Remedy, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the Blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Amethyst, Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff)

16580412818_113a708a52_s.jpg

Keliim (Mencot)

35 years old male human Barbarian *Hastened* *Encouraged*

Level 11

Health: 18/18

Defense: 2 (doubled against free hits)

Gold: 42

Equipment: Dwarven Orichalcum Axe (WP: 5), Heroic Helm (Headwear, SP:2, Helm's SP doubles on free hits)

Inventory:

Order Imperial Longsword (WP: 5),Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock), Королева's Blessing (When equipped the player gains the ability to Animal Speak to Spiders only, and all spiders are Enamored with him for the first three rounds of battle, accessory), Scarab Shield (SP3 Shield, bearer takes half damage from vermin)

Consumables: x9 Potion, Grand Potion, 2X Mead, 1X Smelling salt, 2X Smoke Bomb, 1X Poison, 1X Dirt Bomb, Demeter Bomb (Deals 100 wood-elemental damage to all opponents when used.), 5 Holy Bombs, Double Rainbow (Gives the user the encouraged, lucky, poisoned by 1, and confused effects.)

Misc: Shovel, 2X Obsidian Shard: may be affixed to a blunt weapon to give the Bleeding 2 effect for one battle. 2X Charion beetle horn. 1 X Crystal Shard(treasure item, worth 20 gold)

Avina Truenal, Crimson Crown Alchemaster

36 years old female human Alchemist (NPC, controlled by Emjajoas) *Immune to Cursed, Jinxed, Hexed, Transcended, and Blessed* *KO'D*

Level 15.5

Health: 0/34

Equipment: Zeta and Sigma (WP: 13, dual strike, daggers), Leather Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear), Masque (Immune to cursed, jinxed, hexed, transcended and blessed, accessory, suitable to members of the Order of the Crimson Crown)

Inventory: Hyper Arc Tonic, 2 Gold Bars, Diluted Arc Tonic, 3 Depleted Ether Cores (Restores half the user's max ether), 6 Holy Bombs

Everyone, please choose an action. Party leader, please create a battle order.

Edited by CallMePie

Battle Order:

Mortimer uses a Phoenix Essence on Annienal

Mortimer uses a Phoenix Essence on Calamity

Annienal

Keliim

Keliim

Calamity

Edited by Emjajoas

OOC: Pretty sure Annienal should be knocked out too. I don't know where you're getting the halved damage from.

OOC: Pretty sure Annienal should be knocked out too. I don't know where you're getting the halved damage from.

Right, I thought she was standing in the back row...fixed.