Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World

Arthur allows his chest to revert to its unsolid state, the ink rippling and bubbling as Hybros' hand reaches clear through his "body". Uncomfortable, Arthur brushes the hand away and focuses on repairing his solid state. "It's more a reflection of what I wish I could be, rather than what I am. Perhaps in some ways I am the same, but many would call me a monster or a demon. Come to think of it, by nomenclature perhaps there is some truth to the latter--Chaos is and always has been associated with the Void." Arthur sighs, wondering why he'd even brought up the subject. No more drinking games for you, he mentally chides himself. "Regardless, I lost something in the transformation--a...oneness, or commonality with others that I did not recognize until I had given it up. I am...different from humanity, and perhaps not in a good way. One day, I'd like to regain that sense of personhood--or at the very least, come to terms with its loss. I try not to let it affect me as much as it once did, but on some level it's always there--a quiet, nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something's not right, and that something is me."

Arthur shrugs and adjusts his hair, his measured expression belying his discontent. "But I didn't come here to mope, and the three of you didn't come here to hear me do so. As I recall, we're here to play a game--and I do believe it's your turn, Master Guffington." Arthur's tone and poise were more formal than they'd been all night--a transparent but usually accepted ploy he often used to distract others from his own discomfort.

Hybros retracted his hand in surprise. "Well techically I am a demon, too, because I came from Azazot. But I found it does not matter much. Olegaia is my true home. And I am who I am because of what has happened here, not in the void."

Hybros sipped his drink and sat back in silence.

Guffington and Lady Felix both watch with some wonder as Arthur allows his body to revert to chaotic goo. Once Arthur quiets down, Guffington clears his throat.

8949d43c-f859-4bb7-86ae-e10059b0f713_zps319efa9b.jpg

"Right. My turn." Gerald rubs his hands together. "You're right, Hybros, you know quite a bit about me... I will have to think long and hard as to what was perhaps not in my dream." Guffington bites his lower lip. "I was born to a poor family where I was the only child, one of my early aspirations was to open up a magic shop in the High Kingdoms, and the first place in Eubric I lived was in the Hovels." Guffington crosses his arms. "What have you, heroes? Felix?"

Hoke, meanwhile, glancing out at the night skies feels inspired, while Purpearl, leaning against the mast, feels blessed. And somehow all without the help of wine or soma!

Hybros scratched his head for a while. "Hmm... well, when I first met your younger self you were asking us for gold, not the other way around! Heheh. But I remember your wise words after we, erm, rescued you from your dreams. You did not set out to be rich or great, but only to see the world. So I think your aspiration for opening a magic shop is a lie."

Arthur smiles. "Well, now it looks like I will use your own words in saying that the last statement is a lie--the others are too specific to be untrue."

Looking up into the starry sky reminded Hoke of the pulsing orb in the pouch around his neck. He dumped the orb into his gloved palm, and it began to flatten out, but not completely. Thalion had taken it to the Marketplace along with some gems. It was once a solid orb of inky blackness, but now it sparkled with flecks of purple, white, and icy pale blue.

It whispered something unconscious to him, and with a thought, Hoke bid it to continue. The orb uncurled like a serpent waking and slithered around his wrist. With a flick of that wrist, Hoke shot his hand forward as if to attack, and suddenly a wickedly tipped spear shot out in front of his hand as it was there the whole time. He stood straight and closed his fist, the orb once again taking shape and slithering around his wrist. He repeated this a many times, at first only calling forth a spear, then a lance, then a halberd.

He smiled as the orb snaked around wrist and looked out again into the starry night-scape.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Inside, Arthur shudders, for reasons unknown even to him.

Zoot's Reaper vibrates, as well. It seemed that having three Zoot's Playthings on board was causing them to react.

Torc watched Hoke almost like a cat watches a mouse, her amber eyes ablaze. She heard the same whispers that Hoke did and did not like them. They echoed manically in her skull as she flew in battle, pleading, begging, demanding her to use flame, teeth, claw and tail to decimate, destroy.

To cause chaos.

She unfurled and moved to the railing of the ship. She leaned against it and slowly slid over the rail, diving through the blackness and into the clouds below. She threw her wings wide, catching a current and pumped her mighty wings once to shoot back up through the clouds and alongside the airship.

She just wanted to feel the wind, see the diamond stars and hear nothing.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Guffington slides Hybros ten gold.

"My dear boy, I've been playing this game since Lady Felix's turn began. Of course I would make my lie specific after saying lies cannot be. That'll be ten gold, I believe?"

After Arthur hands over the ten gold the heroes retire for the evening. The next day is smooth flying, and in the early afternoon they begin their descent through the clouds, down towards Dastan. Below them opens up Drakencourt, an enormous, sprawling ancient city. Elba bears towards the palace.

A small dark green dragon flies by.

DSCN0139.jpg

<Arthur. Hoke. I see you have both brought me some new friends.> The small dragon shoots a stream of fire in greeting. <Though what your partner is eating, Hoke, I can't imagine.> Vipera takes her place in front of the ship. <If you would follow me, Captain, I can take you in for landing.>

Elba follows Vipera to a small open field, enclosed by high walls. He lowers the ship carefully into it.

DSCN0139.jpg

<An artifact from when the Dragon Knights were paired with dragons in great numbers. It allowed for them to land in the city near the Palace.>

IMG_2398_zpsei66begm.jpg

637431af-325d-4d52-9fb6-0e8f3ffbd3f0_zpsd87f0972.jpg

"Heroes. Welcome to Dastan." Ella is all warmth.

OoC: Stats update will come tomorrow. :thumbup:

Arthur bows deeply before the Princess he'd twice saved. "Princess Ella," he says respectfully before rising. "I have far too many questions for you. How are you and Tarn? It's been nearly a year and a half since he left Heroica and came here with you--what have you gotten up to in that time? And how has U'Voros fared since then? I heard that a team of Heroes was sent here about a year ago--how did they fare? For that matter, how has Dastan itself fared since the Battle of Drakencourt?"

Miirym, for her part, is awed. Though Vipera is, by a meagre margin, the smaller Dragon, she can sense her Dastanian counterpart's spiritual power, a power that dwarfs her own along with any she'd felt before. Even more surprising, a similar strength emanated from the woman before her, the woman her companion called 'Princess Ella'. Her attention wavering between the two, she matched Arthur's gesture in her own reptilian way, then turns to face Vipera. "<It is an honor to meet you,>" she says in the tongue of Dragons. "<I am named Miirym. My companion Arthur holds the Dragons of Dastan in great regard. I look forward to learning all that you can teach me in the time we have here.>"

Arthur's attention is drawn by Miirym's words. The ex-mage dips his head apologetically and turns to address everyone present. "Forgive my rudeness. Everyone, this is Princess Ella, daughter of Emperor Septrine, one of the three Emperors of Dastan. The Dragon who guided us here is Vipera Callidus the Young, the Empire's Dragon Adviser. Princess, Vipera, may I introduce Master Guffington, Lady Felix, Master U'or, and Captain Elba, along with the Heroes Hybros the Imp, Lady Purpearl Berthadhiell, Hoke Ablesword and his companion Torc. And of course, my own companion Miirym has already introduced herself." Miirym nods respectfully. Arthur's smile is akin to that of an affectionate father.

Edited by Flipz

The smooth sailing ride to Dastan definitely makes Purpearl consider air travel as an alternative from now. As Purpearl alights the ship following the party's arrival at the palace, Purpearl follows Arthur, bowing at the princess, "It is an honour to be greeted by royalty and dragons upon our arrival, I am humbled."

A small dark green dragon flies by.

DSCN0139.jpg

<Arthur. Hoke. I see you have both brought me some new friends.> The small dragon shoots a stream of fire in greeting. <Though what your partner is eating, Hoke, I can't imagine.> Vipera takes her place in front of the ship. <If you would follow me, Captain, I can take you in for landing.>

Hoke can't help but grin as he sees the small green dragon light fire across the sky. It had been to long since he had seen his first dragon companion. Torc roars and shoots for her own searing gout of flame in greeting. She too can't help but feel a connection to the small green dragon.

"She feeds on her own kills," He remarks as he offers a shoulder for Vipera to rest on and nods in respect to Ella.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Hybros took in the sights from above and below, marvelling at Dastan's mountains and arid landscape. He kept his eyes peeled for dragons, and waved to the one called Vipera. He was impressed by Drakencourt. It seemed like a city nearly as large and diverse as Eubric itself.

He gave a small bow and pinched the brim of his hat to Princess Ella and the U'Kin standing beside her as Arthur introduced the party. "So you must the one that Noble Tarn came all this way for. You must be something else, heh!"

The Party

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpg

Arthur
Justus Regulus VII
Ziegfried
, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 37 3/4 Dragoon, 23-year-old male Human
*Immune to
Hexed
Petrified
Minimized
Jinxed
Stunned
Slowed
Hastened
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction

Power Bonus:
+3

Health:
63/63

Defense:

Gold:
(Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment:
Dauntlet Index (WP: 20, doubled against humanoids,
Darkness
-elemental; spear), Blue Hand Shield (SP:15, Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield),
Tin Armor
(SP:6, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; bodywear),
Tin Gloves
(Power +1, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; handwear),
Shadeaux Cape
(SP:11, Immune to
Blind
Confused
, and
Defense Reduction
, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear),
Tin Greaves
(Immunity to
Stunned
Slowed
-, and
Hastened
-effects; footwear),

Inventory:

Weapons:
Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "halberd", suitable to Arthur only), Clockwork Lance (WP:12,
Light
-elemental, has 1/3 chance to cause
slowed
-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes
bleeding-by-5
effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants
Intimidation
; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies,
Lightning
- and
Wind
-elemental; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd,
stuns
on successful hits, Hollow [Phoenix Essence]),

Artifacts:
Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone), Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear),
Noble Mask (Wearer gains gold equal to the number of enemies after each victorious battle; headwear, suitable for anyone
),
Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Grants Overkill gold on kills; handwear, suitable for anyone)
(currently loaned indefinitely to Namyrra), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the
Jinxed
effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory),
Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from sealed-effect; accessory)
, Comfy Pillow (If the user is inflicted by asleep- or fast asleep-effect, they regain full health and ether; accessory.),

Unsuitable Weapons/Artifacts:
Weatherfax Broom (WP:25; makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round; suitable to weather mages; broomstick), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is
Jinxed
), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd),
Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5,
Light
-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4)
, Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear),

Spell Items
(unsuitable):
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
),

Tools:
Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass,

Consumables:
Potion, 15x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 10x Remedy, 2x Elixir, 15x Mead, 8x Nostrum, 1x Ambrosia, 1x Tiger Balm, 2x Phoenix Essence, Fenghuang Incense, Hurricane, 3x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the
Poisoned-by-10
effect for the duration of the battle and the
Confused
effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.), 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bone, Negative Nelly (Causes 30 damage and jinxed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), 2x Silver Ore,

15149732168_6dfaf8b6d7_t.jpg

Miirym
, 8-month-old Dragon hatchling (dragon companion controlled by Flipz), Level 37 3/4 Dragon

Power Bonus:

Power:

Health:
66/66

Element:
none

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 53
*Immune: Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Lightning / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning
* *Inspired*

Power Bonus: 4, +4 WP

Defense: 40

Health:
91/91
182/182 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 1213

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory)

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Blade of Tranquility
(WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword),
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger)
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),

Gems
- Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Garnet ( Earth)

Scrolls
-

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 11x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Remedy, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold)

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

16858651466_09a5cf51c9_o.jpg

Torc the Adult Brown Dragon

Female Dragon Adult

Level 53

Health: 83/83

Element: Fire

ava-hybros.jpg

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

54-year-old male imp Marauder
*Permanently Hastened*
*Immune to
Cursed
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
Weakened
Poisoned
Bleeding
and
all elements*
*Intimidation*
*Gains triple XP* *Party Leader* *Inspired*

Level:

Power Bonus:
+3
, +8 in front row

Defense:

Health:
63/63
126/126
(7+36+15+5*)

Ether:
0/0
(+2*)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mythrilized
Zoot's Reaper
(WP:30, permanently deals
Cursed
and
Poisoned:7
;
longsword, suitable to Hybros),
Sword of Ancestral Hatred
(WP:45.25,
darkness
fire
ice
wind
-elemental, gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword)
Golden Armor
(user is permanently
Hastened
and
Cursed
fire
water
earth
wind
ice
lightning
wood
darkness
light
-elemental, immune to
Asleep
Blinded
Confused
Fragile
, and
Weakened
; bodywear),
The Black Hat
(grants
Intimidation
, immune to
darkness
and
Cursed;
headwear),
Medal of Glory
(Wearer gains triple experience; accessory),
Fighting Boots
(Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors),

Inventory:

Iustitia
(WP:12, causes
blinded
-effect
;
light
-elemental dagger), Heavy Flail (WP:5, deals
Fragile
on successful hits; mace), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike;
darkness
-elemental daggers), Hollow Dagger (WP:6, hollow [Phoenix Incense]; dagger),
Clock Cog (WP:14; throwing weapon),
Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all; throwing weapon)
Spinning Bolas (WP: 5 deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; throwing weapon), Skirmisher's Shield (SP:10; shield)

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear),
Metal Claw
(Unarmed attacks drain health from the enemy equal to 50% of the strength of the attack (rounded up); handwear),
Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear),
Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear)
Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from
Weakened
-effect; handwear),
Alchemist's Cheatsheet
(1/3 chance to make two of the same Mixture on rolls of Shield, accessory, suitable to Alchemists),
Lichen Armor (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted; suitable to classes with ether; bodywear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear), Sterile Gloves
(immune to
Poisoned
and
Bleeding
handwear),

• Garnet

20x Potion,
23x Grand Potion, 16x Health Core,
Diluted Arc Tonic,
Hyper Arc Tonic,
4x Elixir, 2x
Arc Elixir,
13x Remedy, 3x Neutralizer,
2x Purging Water,
Tiger Balm,
Phoenix Essence, 3x Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Essence (After being consumed, automatically revives the target with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out),
2x Last Resort,
13x
Nostrum, 11x Mead,
Soma, 7x Mulled Wine,
2x Cloud of Celerity,
2x Bravado Brew, Smile of the Gods, Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the encouraged-, lucky-, reinforced-, and blinded- effects for the duration of one battle),
Minimizing Dust,
Bad Breath,
2x Wyvern's Breath,
Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver),
4 Smoke Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs,
Demeter Bomb (100
wood
-elemental damage), Rudra Bomb (100
lightning
-elemental damage), Pumpkin Bomb (causes stunned-, poisoned-, asleep-, blinded-, sealed- and confused-effects to all opponents when used),
2x Fog Bomb,
Mystic Bomb,
Baffle Bomb, 2x
Bone,
Skeleton Decoy, 4x
Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe,
Crystal Ball (Worth 800 gold, 1600 in magic shops)

19912982786_7ab06c2762_t.jpg

Purpearl Berthadhiell, the Carnival Crusader (Purpearljellyblob)

180 Years Old Female Elven
Mystic Knight

Level 22.33
*Immune to
Fire
Fragile
* *Blessed*

Power:
(Level 22 + WP 20 + 4 Bonus #102)

Defense:
(14 + 3 + 5)

Health:
32/32
(Base 5 + 22 Levels + 7 Health Bonus - 2 Penalty #102)

Ether:
31/31
(Base 5 + 22 Levels + 4 Bonus #102)

Gold:

GP:

Equipment:
Zelphie's Staff (WP: 20, cannot be imbued with elements, damages undead), Arm Shield (SP:14, shield), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immune to
Fragile
suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators), Aventine's Tricorne (SP: 3, Immunity to
Fire
), Stingy Gloves (Prevents the wearer from having gold stolen,
hand wear)

Inventory:

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8,
Sleep
effect), Crimson Arcanon (Wand WP:3), Chaotic Whip (WP: 5,
Darkness
Elemental), Thorny Rose (WP: 17,
wood
-elemental, deals the
Poisoned
by 3 effect, mace), Crescent Shield (SP: 7, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Crocodile Handbag (Max Ether +2; accessory), Tunic of Elven Acrobat (+4 HP, Provides
Nimble
Effect with 1/3 chance to completely avoid rolls of COUNTER, DAMAGE and Free Hits, torsowear)

Spell Items:
Ruby (
Fire
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Diamond (
Light
), Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Electrical Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to electric for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

Consumables:
3 Potions, 1 Grand Potion, 8 Grand Tonics, 3 Remedy, Tiger Balm, 4 Mead, Ambrosia, 5 Venoms, Deadly Venom, Raw Sushi (Restores 5 Health and 5 Ether when consumed), 2 Tasty Pretzels (1/3 chance each of granting lucky, hastened and encouraged-effects upon consumption), Tinyshroom, 2 Level Up Mushroom, 3 Bone, Skeleton Decoy, Ice Bomb, Enchanted Braclet (Protects from Sealed Effect,
hand wear)

Decamon Deck:
Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Scarab (Rock 1), Barghest (Electric 2), Automaton (Electric 5)

Tools:
Bedroll, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Arthur bows deeply before the Princess he'd twice saved. "Princess Ella," he says respectfully before rising. "I have far too many questions for you. How are you and Tarn? It's been nearly a year and a half since he left Heroica and came here with you--what have you gotten up to in that time? And how has U'Voros fared since then? I heard that a team of Heroes was sent here about a year ago--how did they fare? For that matter, how has Dastan itself fared since the Battle of Drakencourt?"

Miirym, for her part, is awed. Though Vipera is, by a meagre margin, the smaller Dragon, she can sense her Dastanian counterpart's spiritual power, a power that dwarfs her own along with any she'd felt before. Even more surprising, a similar strength emanated from the woman before her, the woman her companion called 'Princess Ella'. Her attention wavering between the two, she matched Arthur's gesture in her own reptilian way, then turns to face Vipera. "<It is an honor to meet you,>" she says in the tongue of Dragons. "<I am named Miirym. My companion Arthur holds the Dragons of Dastan in great regard. I look forward to learning all that you can teach me in the time we have here.>"

Arthur's attention is drawn by Miirym's words. The ex-mage dips his head apologetically and turns to address everyone present. "Forgive my rudeness. Everyone, this is Princess Ella, daughter of Emperor Septrine, one of the three Emperors of Dastan. The Dragon who guided us here is Vipera Callidus the Young, the Empire's Dragon Adviser. Princess, Vipera, may I introduce Master Guffington, Lady Felix, Master U'or, and Captain Elba, along with the Heroes Hybros the Imp, Lady Purpearl Berthadhiell, Hoke Ablesword and his companion Torc. And of course, my own companion Miirym has already introduced herself." Miirym nods respectfully. Arthur's smile is akin to that of an affectionate father.

"Arthur, it is always an absolute pleasure to see you once more." She offers her hand, and then thinking better of it, gives him a warm hug. "Tarn and I fare extremely well. We have gotten engaged." She holds up her hand with a ring on it. "The people... no, enough of that. It is a great joy to my heart. He is waiting at the palace for us, and I am sure that you will all be given ample time to talk of your great adventures. Do not think for a moment just because he left Heroica he has lost his warrior's heart. He is a fierce and valiant as ever."

"U'Voros is right there." Ella laughs as she points to the U'Kin, who nervously eyes the street. "He is very concerned when I venture out of the palace, but I absolutely insisted on meeting my friends. This U'Kin is named U'Daras, by the way. She is the Commander of our Dragon Knights, and next in line to the throne after Victor. She knows of the heroes here last better than I."

U'Daras says nothing. She stands sternly, with her eyes glancing at the entrance every once in a while as well.

"Hybros, I believe I have heard Tarn mention your name. And Hoke... you are one of the heroes who dealt with Wren when she was a threat. Purpearl... I apologize that your reputation does not proceed you, but I am in a great debt to your organization. Lady Felix, U'Or, Captain Elba. I welcome you all to my fair city. And Gerald Guffington. Welcome back. I hear word you have been here before, when I was very young. I believe you brought me a gift."

"I did. Didn't have such white hair then, though."

DSCN0139.jpg

<I am happy to meet other dragons always, and happy to welcome them to Dastan. It is important that all dragons visit their ancestral home. You do us a great service, little one, by choosing a human companion. Perhaps your example will lead your brothers and sisters in the home land to come out from hiding.> Vipera bares her teeth. <There is much you can be taught. By dragon years you are exceedingly young. By dragon years I am exceedingly.>

The smooth sailing ride to Dastan definitely makes Purpearl consider air travel as an alternative from now. As Purpearl alights the ship following the party's arrival at the palace, Purpearl follows Arthur, bowing at the princess, "It is an honour to be greeted by royalty and dragons upon our arrival, I am humbled."

"Please, I'm only a princess," Ella chuckles. "It is nice to have an excuse to get out of the palace."

Hoke can't help but grin as he sees the small green dragon light fire across the sky. It had been to long since he had seen his first dragon companion. Torc roars and shoots for her own searing gout of flame in greeting. She too can't help but feel a connection to the small green dragon.

"She feeds on her own kills," He remarks as he offers a shoulder for Vipera to rest on and nods in respect to Ella.

Vipera flutters up to Hoke's shoulder and glances at Torc hesitantly before landing.

DSCN0139.jpg

<In older days it would be considered improper for a dragon to come between a dragon and her human. But if Torc does not mind. I have become comfortable on this shoulder over the years.>

<As I said to the young golden one, we have much to discuss, sister. Already you could eat me if you so chose, but you know little of the ancient way of dragons, and that is surely more important to any dragon than size and muscle. We are an old and proud race. Do not assume that you can call yourself dragon without learning our ways. Both you and the golden one would not be allowed out of the caves at your age if you were born in Dastan. Too much to learn.>

<And as always, Hoke, know that I remain in your debt. Simply speaking of my heritage reminds me of how close I was to never seeing it again."

Hybros took in the sights from above and below, marvelling at Dastan's mountains and arid landscape. He kept his eyes peeled for dragons, and waved to the one called Vipera. He was impressed by Drakencourt. It seemed like a city nearly as large and diverse as Eubric itself.

He gave a small bow and pinched the brim of his hat to Princess Ella and the U'Kin standing beside her as Arthur introduced the party. "So you must the one that Noble Tarn came all this way for. You must be something else, heh!"

"I did steal him, and sometimes I wonder if it did more harm than good. Was it not selfish to put my own love over the good he may have done if left to his own devices? I console myself only because he may, by my side, allow for the improvement of many lives in my homeland. Selfish still, I know." She smiles meekly. "Shall we go to the palace?"

OOC: Arthur ate the Level-Up Mushroom he got from Dyric earlier, so both he and Miirym should be Level 38 3/4 now. :wink:

Arthur smiles at the mention of Ella's engagement--hopefully this time he'd be able to make it to a friend's wedding. "I look forward to seeing him again. It has been too long." Arthur turns and offers a hand to U'Daras. "A pleasure to meet you, Lady U'Daras. I hope the last group of Heroes you met were as true to the name as the ones I travel with now."

Miirym, not one to be outdone, leaps unexpectedly to Arthur's shoulder. The Dragoon staggers slightly at her weight--she was, after all, not far from being a youngling--then shakes his head in knowing amusement. Now once again at eye level with Vipera, Miirym feels secure to reply. "<I have known Arthur all my life. From my first scent of sky he has welcomed me into his family, even as he discovered his own. It is a bond that has been tested by time and trial, and come out stronger than before. I do not have the words to describe it, but if in some way I am able to convey my feelings to my brothers and sisters in this land, and if this will be of service to them, then I will count myself fortunate.>"

Arthur glances over his shoulder. "I...may have taught her a few of my flaws along the way. Like my penchant for grandstanding and monologuing," he offers apologetically.

Miirym resists the urge to cuff her oblivious companion in the back of the head with her wing. She settles for flicking her tail in mild irritation. "<My companion has read every book he could find on the knowledge of Dragons--it is how he deduced my heritage as belonging to both Dastan and Charis. He, too, has spoken of the need to respect the slowness of maturity--a position, no doubt, he has learned from you. He speaks often of the wise and valiant Vipera, after all.>" Arthur blushes, a little embarrassed to hear revealed how much he'd used her example as a guideline in his own guardianship. "<But as the Dragons of Charis learn and grow swiftly, so too shall I. By necessity, if nothing else. I intend to learn to honor my heritage, even in as little time as we have here.>"

Arthur clears his throat. "Miirym. Let us not speak of departures so soon after our arrival. We have what time we have. Now is the time to live in it." He looks to Ella. "I, myself, am ready. Are you as well, Master Guffington, Lady Felix?"

Vipera flutters up to Hoke's shoulder and glances at Torc hesitantly before landing.

DSCN0139.jpg

<In older days it would be considered improper for a dragon to come between a dragon and her human. But if Torc does not mind. I have become comfortable on this shoulder over the years.>

"She doesn't mind. She's only jealous that she can't fit up there anymore," Hoke chuckles as he pats Torc on the back of the neck.

Torc moves in nose-to-nose with Vipera. She breaths in deeply there her nostrils and slowly exhales. She now knew why she trusted her dragoon so quickly.

<As I said to the young golden one, we have much to discuss, sister. Already you could eat me if you so chose, but you know little of the ancient way of dragons, and that is surely more important to any dragon than size and muscle. We are an old and proud race. Do not assume that you can call yourself dragon without learning our ways. Both you and the golden one would not be allowed out of the caves at your age if you were born in Dastan. Too much to learn.>

"We would both be glad to learn, Torc and I, if there is time on this journey."

<And as always, Hoke, know that I remain in your debt. Simply speaking of my heritage reminds me of how close I was to never seeing it again.>

"There is no debt between friends."

Hoke, Torc and Vipera follow the party to the palace.

Edited by UsernameMDM

OOC: Hybros drank a mead and a nostrum.

"Tarn, married? Heheh!" He grinned playfully. "I am looking forward to seeing him again. Let us go to the palace."

As they walked, Hybros spoke to U'Daras.

"So, what can you tell me about the Dragon Knights? Is it like a cavalry with riders and their dragon partners? I have seen the destruction of just one dragon in battle. And the wisdom of others. It is hard to imagine such a force of many dragons on Olegaia."

OOC: Oh, right, Arthur drank a Mead as well. :blush: Also, Matthias handed off the Staff of Ennon and Noble Mask to Hybros before we split up.

OoC: Nostrums and meads will be honored. Thank you. :thumbup:

Arthur smiles at the mention of Ella's engagement--hopefully this time he'd be able to make it to a friend's wedding. "I look forward to seeing him again. It has been too long." Arthur turns and offers a hand to U'Daras. "A pleasure to meet you, Lady U'Daras. I hope the last group of Heroes you met were as true to the name as the ones I travel with now."

Miirym, not one to be outdone, leaps unexpectedly to Arthur's shoulder. The Dragoon staggers slightly at her weight--she was, after all, not far from being a youngling--then shakes his head in knowing amusement. Now once again at eye level with Vipera, Miirym feels secure to reply. "<I have known Arthur all my life. From my first scent of sky he has welcomed me into his family, even as he discovered his own. It is a bond that has been tested by time and trial, and come out stronger than before. I do not have the words to describe it, but if in some way I am able to convey my feelings to my brothers and sisters in this land, and if this will be of service to them, then I will count myself fortunate.>"

Arthur glances over his shoulder. "I...may have taught her a few of my flaws along the way. Like my penchant for grandstanding and monologuing," he offers apologetically.

Miirym resists the urge to cuff her oblivious companion in the back of the head with her wing. She settles for flicking her tail in mild irritation. "<My companion has read every book he could find on the knowledge of Dragons--it is how he deduced my heritage as belonging to both Dastan and Charis. He, too, has spoken of the need to respect the slowness of maturity--a position, no doubt, he has learned from you. He speaks often of the wise and valiant Vipera, after all.>" Arthur blushes, a little embarrassed to hear revealed how much he'd used her example as a guideline in his own guardianship. "<But as the Dragons of Charis learn and grow swiftly, so too shall I. By necessity, if nothing else. I intend to learn to honor my heritage, even in as little time as we have here.>"

Arthur clears his throat. "Miirym. Let us not speak of departures so soon after our arrival. We have what time we have. Now is the time to live in it." He looks to Ella. "I, myself, am ready. Are you as well, Master Guffington, Lady Felix?"

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

"In the end they got the job done which is all one can ask for, that one gets the job done." U'Daras glances over her shoulder as well, still evidently distracted.

DSCN0139.jpg

<Arthur is a true hero, this is certain. I am sure he has taken all precaution in raising you, but there is only so much one can learn from books. Dragons have long memories, and our talons are not conducive to writing.> Vipera shifts her weight on Hoke's shoulder a little. <We are a race of oral tradition, but even then, there is no better way to learn the ancient ways of the dragons than to fly in those same night skies they once fly in. And Charis Dragons may hail from a different land, but Dastan is the ancestral home of dragons. We all came from these mountains once.>

"I'm ready." Guffington grins cheekily. "Always fun to explore a city you don't quite have clot in."

"There is no debt between friends."

DSCN0139.jpg

<I do not say it lightly, Hoke, but as far as those without wings and talons go, you are much like a dragon.>

As they walked, Hybros spoke to U'Daras.

"So, what can you tell me about the Dragon Knights? Is it like a cavalry with riders and their dragon partners? I have seen the destruction of just one dragon in battle. And the wisdom of others. It is hard to imagine such a force of many dragons on Olegaia."

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

"Once that is what the Dragon Knights were once." U'Daras nods. "As Vipera says, we have had difficulty in recent years it has proven difficult to draw the dragons out of the mountains. They once viewed our races as equals... they once viewed themselves and humans are equals would be a better way to put it would be that they once viewed themselves and humans as equals. The U'Kin were not viewed as anyone's equals in those days the U'Kin were not viewed as anyone's equals. But now the dragons are content to die. They believe the world has been stripped of it's beauty they believe. They think the noble races are dead or dying, and they are content to join the noble races." U'Daras shakes her head in disappointment. "Vipera is attempting to bridge the gap, but Vipera is having trouble bridging the gap."

U'Daras glances past Hybros at U'Or.

"Let me be the first U'Kin to welcome you home and let me be the first U'Kin to advise you to keep your head down out there."

U'Or blushes deeply.

The heroes, followed by their companions, step out of the yard and onto a small Dastan alley, with its signature towering buildings, patched and slapped back together over years, buckling inwards or buckling outwards. The sun beats down. U'Daras waves two soldiers in front of the entrance way. They are both regular soldiers, and humans to boot. They salute her stiffly.

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

"No one touches that ship, understand that no one touches that ship?"

ava-ImperialPikeman.png

"Roger that, m'am!"

"Brace yourselves, heroes," says Ella with a broken smile. "It wouldn't be Dastan without political unrest, would it?"

The heroes are bustled down the street, with U'Daras in the lead, but they soon come to more open streets, busier streets, and they see that they're quickly drawing eyes and soon, shouts from the citizens, many of whom stop in place upon spotting U'Daras and Ella.

IMG_2511_zpssgqegagt.jpg

"More foreigners, Princess Ella? Bringing them into to advise you on how to run our land like you did with the last one? Maybe you'll end up marrying one of them as well!" The man laughs gruffly. "Dastan for the Dastanians!"

av-pongcanisleader.png

"All hail the great U'Kin! Look, they walk down the streets now! And that one wears a bow tie! Out of the way, all Pongcanis! The great Empress U'Daras is coming down this street. All hail the U'Kin!" The Pongcanis spits. "Where is our representation?! Where is Tarban? Who answers for his blood?"

IMG_2513_zpsjdr4zozj.jpg

"What happened to the Dastan of my father? Of my mother? My father served among the Dragon Knights, and now a U'Kin serves as their leader? Nay. It is a great dishonor to the Dastan people! Dastan for the Dastanians, Princess Ella! Hear your people!"

DSCN0139.jpg

<I do not say it lightly, Hoke, but as far as those without wings and talons go, you are much like a dragon.>

Torc exhales a thick curl of smoke through her snout in approval.

"You both honor me," Hoke says as he casually pets Vipera's tail and pats Torc on the side.

Hoke listens to the unwelcoming calls of the people and scans the crowd for an 'eager volunteer'. A voice giggles in his mind as the orb's tail begins to snake its way to Hoke's hand.

Edited by UsernameMDM

DSCN0139.jpg

<Arthur is a true hero, this is certain. I am sure he has taken all precaution in raising you, but there is only so much one can learn from books. Dragons have long memories, and our talons are not conducive to writing.> Vipera shifts her weight on Hoke's shoulder a little. <We are a race of oral tradition, but even then, there is no better way to learn the ancient ways of the dragons than to fly in those same night skies they once fly in. And Charis Dragons may hail from a different land, but Dastan is the ancestral home of dragons. We all came from these mountains once.>

"<I shall eagerly take wing to the stars with you, once the time presents itself.>"

"Brace yourselves, heroes," says Ella with a broken smile. "It wouldn't be Dastan without political unrest, would it?"

The heroes are bustled down the street, with U'Daras in the lead, but they soon come to more open streets, busier streets, and they see that they're quickly drawing eyes and soon, shouts from the citizens, many of whom stop in place upon spotting U'Daras and Ella.

IMG_2511_zpssgqegagt.jpg

"More foreigners, Princess Ella? Bringing them into to advise you on how to run our land like you did with the last one? Maybe you'll end up marrying one of them as well!" The man laughs gruffly. "Dastan for the Dastanians!"

av-pongcanisleader.png

"All hail the great U'Kin! Look, they walk down the streets now! And that one wears a bow tie! Out of the way, all Pongcanis! The great Empress U'Daras is coming down this street. All hail the U'Kin!" The Pongcanis spits. "Where is our representation?! Where is Tarban? Who answers for his blood?"

IMG_2513_zpsjdr4zozj.jpg

"What happened to the Dastan of my father? Of my mother? My father served among the Dragon Knights, and now a U'Kin serves as their leader? Nay. It is a great dishonor to the Dastan people! Dastan for the Dastanians, Princess Ella! Hear your people!"

Arthur's hand instinctively goes for his weapon at the sight of the Pongcanis, her(?) appearance a hair too close to that of the hated Vonnetate for his liking. He keeps close to Ella and U'Daras, ready to step in in an instant should any of the protestors turn violent. "So quickly do the masses forget..." he murmurs, shaking his head sadly. "I thought the U'kin had come into higher regard after the war, given the actions of Atramor, Lady Nyx, Tarn, and Sir Thothwick three years ago. What sparked this sudden human superiority sentiment? And who is this 'Tarban' they speak of?"

Miirym focuses her spiritual power to privately speak mentally to U'Daras. "I would take your shoulder, if you consent, Lady U'Daras. I would hope the people respect Dragons enough to wish you less ill while I accompany you."

"Once that is what the Dragon Knights were once." U'Daras nods. "As Vipera says, we have had difficulty in recent years it has proven difficult to draw the dragons out of the mountains. They once viewed our races as equals... they once viewed themselves and humans are equals would be a better way to put it would be that they once viewed themselves and humans as equals. The U'Kin were not viewed as anyone's equals in those days the U'Kin were not viewed as anyone's equals. But now the dragons are content to die. They believe the world has been stripped of it's beauty they believe. They think the noble races are dead or dying, and they are content to join the noble races." U'Daras shakes her head in disappointment. "Vipera is attempting to bridge the gap, but Vipera is having trouble bridging the gap."

Purpearl stays close to the group and catches up to U'Daras, "Pardon my ignorance, but these dragons you speak of, would you say they are dwindling in numbers as a result or have they, simply isolated themselves from the rest of the world? And who are these noble races, you speak of, may I ask? Perhaps they could be of service to bridge that gap?"

IMG_2511_zpssgqegagt.jpg

av-pongcanisleader.png

IMG_2513_zpsjdr4zozj.jpg

Purpearl stays clear of the Pongcanis, avoids eye contact and conversation, having slain a number of these furry faces back in Eubric, rekindling more hatred with their kind with the leaders would not be beneficial to the Princess and the Dragon Knights' position in this city. Similarly to the others, for she believes that only the capable should lead the country to prosperity, and that the humans that the mystic knight has seen, do not seem to possess qualities and behaviour that a leader should be.

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

Purpearl stays close to the group and catches up to U'Daras, "Pardon my ignorance, but these dragons you speak of, would you say they are dwindling in numbers as a result or have they, simply isolated themselves from the rest of the world? And who are these noble races, you speak of, may I ask? Perhaps they could be of service to bridge that gap?"

Hybros nods at Purpearl, and replies to U'Daras, although he does so loudly enough for the protesters to hear. "I do not understand why there is so much discontent among different races and groups. Eubric is much the same, but I thought since Heroica's help here in Dastan things were going to get better, not worse. Can all races not live together? I know that this is easier said than done, but shunning foreigners seems... unnecessary. And do the dragons really believe there is no hope?"

Arthur's hand instinctively goes for his weapon at the sight of the Pongcanis, her(?) appearance a hair too close to that of the hated Vonnetate for his liking. He keeps close to Ella and U'Daras, ready to step in in an instant should any of the protestors turn violent. "So quickly do the masses forget..." he murmurs, shaking his head sadly. "I thought the U'kin had come into higher regard after the war, given the actions of Atramor, Lady Nyx, Tarn, and Sir Thothwick three years ago. What sparked this sudden human superiority sentiment? And who is this 'Tarban' they speak of?"

Miirym focuses her spiritual power to privately speak mentally to U'Daras. "I would take your shoulder, if you consent, Lady U'Daras. I would hope the people respect Dragons enough to wish you less ill while I accompany you."

"Things did get better... things are better, on a whole. We tore down the wall cutting the U'Kin off from the main portion of the city, and met with little resistance on that front. Even U'Daras' appointment as head of the Dragon Knights was met with, opposition, yes, but not an overwhelming amount once she proved herself in combat. But, well, it's not even a human supremacy thing so much as... I was waiting until we got to the Palace to tell you, but Victor has taken ill. Badly ill. It is possible he will recover, likely given his iron will even, but he can no longer serve as Emperor. U'Daras will be ascending to one of the three thrones shortly, and people who were okay with it in theory have discovered they feel differently now that it's happening. I'm also partially to blame." She blushes. "The fact that Tarn is not from Dastan is not lost on people. They fear that an outsider and a U'Kin will lead two-thirds of their nation."

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

"Please."

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

"The dragons were dwindling in numbers even before they isolated themselves they were already dwindling in numbers. They resigned themselves to their fate, which did not help them. And the races are those that are long gone are the races they refer to. Many of them we have lost to time we've lost many of them. Olegaia was once a very different place, and dragons have long memories. Gods and monsters walked across the land. Giants, forest guardians, Sayyips, Mindflayers, the Moon Elves, all near extinct now if not already gone."

Hybros nods at Purpearl, and replies to U'Daras, although he does so loudly enough for the protesters to hear. "I do not understand why there is so much discontent among different races and groups. Eubric is much the same, but I thought since Heroica's help here in Dastan things were going to get better, not worse. Can all races not live together? I know that this is easier said than done, but shunning foreigners seems... unnecessary. And do the dragons really believe there is no hope?"

IMG_2509_zpsfc2ihuun.jpg

"As I said to Lady Purpearl, the Dragons have lived a long time as I said to Lady Purpearl. But no, not all have lost hope. Vipera serves as an ambassador for their people Vipera serves as an ambassador, and few object to it. They fly through the skies once more, which just four or five years ago was a sight unheard of four or five years ago."

"As for peace among races, we all wish it."

As they draw closer to the palace, the heroes realize that more and more protestors are blocking their way. U'Voros, at the head of the party, has to shove through. Some of the protestors are clearly armed.

df3cb463-d00a-42e2-be79-50382133a9da_zpsd7c1984c.jpg

"This is not the homecoming I was hoping for... oh dear..."