Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World

Hybros tries to appear to enjoy a Mulled Wine as he converses, but puckers at the taste.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Only to lead mortal beings into a Golden Age. I see much potential in the world, but also see it squandered often. It is best that we do what we can to improve the world, isn't it? That means defeating those who would prevent progress - the Cold Circles, the Order Imperial, certain sects of the Crimson Crown, and those who are blinded by past evils and hatreds, be it the citizens of Baltarok, The High Kingdoms, or Dastan, as well as, and this is important, allowing for those with good in their hearts to flourish. Many crusaders, I fear, think only to defeat the evil while neglecting to allow the good space and ability to flourish. But our's is a mission of hope, not destruction."

Hybros considered for a moment. "Well, that is the first time in a long time that I have heard of an organization with a mission that I could get on board with, heheh! You did help me find my people, and I am not friends with the Crown, Cold Circle, or Imperial Order. I wish you luck on your goals. If you need assistance, perhaps I can lend a hand in the future."

8686823074_56e2890363_t.jpg

"That is joyous news!" exclaims Tarn. "I had hoped for that, though I didn't dare dream it would be a day so soon. What are they like?" Tarn blushes a little at the mention of his high status. "From a poor peasant orphan to this-" he gestures around the Dining Hall, speechless.

"Hmm, I suppose they are like me. As you can see I have changed in appearance a bit..." he flashed his wings. "My people look similar. They are an old race, and some have been trapped in Azazot for a very long time. They know much about this world as it once was, but I fear that a lot has changed since then. They are living below ground as they were once forced to do, but long to return to the surface. I am not sure what to do... I fear they will face prejudice and many dangers there, and if they retaliate like they did with the Paladins... they will lose."

Hybros tries to appear to enjoy a Mulled Wine as he converses, but puckers at the taste.

Hybros considered for a moment. "Well, that is the first time in a long time that I have heard of an organization with a mission that I could get on board with, heheh! You did help me find my people, and I am not friends with the Crown, Cold Circle, or Imperial Order. I wish you luck on your goals. If you need assistance, perhaps I can lend a hand in the future."

"Hmm, I suppose they are like me. As you can see I have changed in appearance a bit..." he flashed his wings. "My people look similar. They are an old race, and some have been trapped in Azazot for a very long time. They know much about this world as it once was, but I fear that a lot has changed since then. They are living below ground as they were once forced to do, but long to return to the surface. I am not sure what to do... I fear they will face prejudice and many dangers there, and if they retaliate like they did with the Paladins... they will lose."

Hybros' words seem to somewhat revive Arthur from his reverie. "Indeed. I would like to extend a similar offer to you, Lady Natasha, once Miirym's grown up a little." This prompts a stern reaction from Miirym, though she's careful not to let Arthur see it. "To tell you the truth, I was a little hesitant even signing up for this outing...but this is Dastan, and she deserves the chance to get to know her heritage."

Miirym stands and circles, searching for Vipera; when she spots her fellow Dragon, she settles back down again and sends Vipera a mental message, smoke spewing ominously from her snout and spilling to the floor like fog.

Noting that something is wrong, Arthur glances worriedly towards his Dragon, but she is facing away from him and apparently not in the mood to talk. He makes a mental note to bring it up later, and sighs. He resumes speaking to Tarn, Felix, Natasha, and the Heroes. "I try to do right by her, but I have to admit, I'm a poor substitute for a Dragon. Part of me wishes I could bring Vipera back to Eubric with me, to help me raise her right. But then, I guess not knowing what in Hel to do sometimes is just part of the territory." He shrugs, at a loss for what to do or say.

"Many," says Mallelio with a shy grin. "But much of early history is lost to us. There are many great beasts it would be interesting to track down and ask such things. The dragons must have a guess, and I hear talk of their ancestors, the Elder Dragons, who may know such things. My own chance to discover such mysteries came and went before twice I even thought of it. When Princess Ella was born, three great witches visited us, strange and old creatures. They may have had the answers to some of our questions, but I have never seen them since. And again when we fought Wren, we came into contact with beings called the Old Gods. But there was too much to be done, and one was slain, and the other disappeared."

"Certainly a lot of history and infallible beings to reckon with. But out of curiosity, what are the names of the three witches?"

"Your chance at Vartland may come sooner than you think. I see visions of many converging there soon, and as always, heroes look likely to be involved." Natasha smiles. "It's nice to meet someone else with a bit of sense. Happens a lot in the longer living races - elves get it a bit more than most humans do, in my experience."

Extending her hand to Natasha, "I look forward to that trip, it is my pleasure to be acquainted with someone free spirited like yourself."

With that Purpearl nods kindly at the guests in the Hall, in particular Vipera and heads to the Hallway.

Fang Dagger should be returned to Hoke's inventory. Gems should read:

Gems - Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth)

Hoke watches the dragons 'converse', wondering what they were up to. He senses he could find out easily if he wants to, but decides against it, wanting to allow Torc to be with her kin while she can. Then he sees Purpearl head towards the hallway...

Edited by UsernameMDM

OoC: Sorry, would have gotten this update up sooner but got stuck reading the end of Quest #75. I love Atramor and Tarn's relationship. :thumbup: Not that Rumble or Pie are even on this quest to compliment. Hope they see this. :blush:

"I look forward to it. I have crossed weapons with the Northmen before, but something tells me there is something different about you, aside from not having a beard," Hoke says with a smirk.

Natasha smiles menacingly. OoC: I can't tell if that means you'd like to spar or not (I'm just easily confused I think... it's happened a few times this quest I feel a hero is being clear and I just am not getting it). :tongue: Bold a choice one way or the other!

"The Order Imperial...I remember them. Tarn, Monk Pretzel, U'Voros, and I clashed with them on our Quest to retrieve the tale of the Prophetess and the Warrior from beneath the sea. Polite, but unpleasantly closed-minded. Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't support them."

Miirym perks her head up at Mallelio's mention of the Elder Dragons, her eagerness to hear more of them non-verbal but apparent. Arthur, meanwhile, seems to shrink at the mention of the Old Gods, becoming unnaturally quiet as he sinks into his memories.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Keep an eye out on them. I recently sent some of my allies- The Golden Enforcer, The Golden Warden, whom Hybros knows, and the Witch Hunter, whom apparently your Hoke knows- to deal with one of their strong holds. But I have yet to hear from them as to the success of the mission."

DSCN0047.jpg

"The Elder Dragons... and, if we're speaking of trends in ancient texts, they do go by many names - the Ancestral Dragons, the Prior Dragons... and we must only assume that they're all the same. They're exact role in the history of the world is shrouded in fog. I believe the Dragons may know more, some of the more ancient ones, but being granted audience with the most elder dragons is a difficult feat."

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Glad to hear that." She claps Hybros on the back. "Live your life with those ideals, and you'll be making a difference on your own, I'd think. But if the time comes, I'll let you know."

"It is a difficult dilemma, my friend." Tarn purses his lips. "I am not one to advise on difficult matters with any authority. Many in Eubric face prejudice, this is a fact that we must accept. But are we to guard those in the darkness from the harsh light of reality? How will they ever grow? All we can hope to do is ease their transition. Those in need simply require a guiding hand. As when I was in Xu with Atramor- we needed only speak up, and the Thumb was willing to leave the villagers in peace."

Hybros' words seem to somewhat revive Arthur from his reverie. "Indeed. I would like to extend a similar offer to you, Lady Natasha, once Miirym's grown up a little." This prompts a stern reaction from Miirym, though she's careful not to let Arthur see it. "To tell you the truth, I was a little hesitant even signing up for this outing...but this is Dastan, and she deserves the chance to get to know her heritage."

Miirym stands and circles, searching for Vipera; when she spots her fellow Dragon, she settles back down again and sends Vipera a mental message, smoke spewing ominously from her snout and spilling to the floor like fog.

Noting that something is wrong, Arthur glances worriedly towards his Dragon, but she is facing away from him and apparently not in the mood to talk. He makes a mental note to bring it up later, and sighs. He resumes speaking to Tarn, Felix, Natasha, and the Heroes. "I try to do right by her, but I have to admit, I'm a poor substitute for a Dragon. Part of me wishes I could bring Vipera back to Eubric with me, to help me raise her right. But then, I guess not knowing what in Hel to do sometimes is just part of the territory." He shrugs, at a loss for what to do or say.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"We are never hesitant about adding others to our cause. And your dragon is already golden." She grins. "That's perfect. It is easy to find a member of our order, often, simply by looking for the gold. Though I haven't been able to convinced Gocklo or the Golden Enforcer to wear it."

"I understand the sentiment, my friend, but we need her too much here. I am sure that once the issues in Dastan are resolved she will travel the world once more, though I fear we may have all passed by then."

"Certainly a lot of history and infallible beings to reckon with. But out of curiosity, what are the names of the three witches?"

Extending her hand to Natasha, "I look forward to that trip, it is my pleasure to be acquainted with someone free spirited like yourself."

With that Purpearl nods kindly at the guests in the Hall, in particular Vipera and heads to the Hallway.

DSCN0047.jpg

"They were called Deci, Nona, and Morta."

Natasha nods kindly to Purpearl as the latter exits the Dining Hall.

The three dragons in the Dining Hall likewise take flight swiftly and disappear down the hallway, out into the Dastanian night.

Natasha smiles menacingly. OoC: I can't tell if that means you'd like to spar or not (I'm just easily confused I think... it's happened a few times this quest I feel a hero is being clear and I just am not getting it). :tongue: Bold a choice one way or the other!

"After you."

Hoke is READY to spar. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Glad to hear that." She claps Hybros on the back. "Live your life with those ideals, and you'll be making a difference on your own, I'd think. But if the time comes, I'll let you know."

"It is a difficult dilemma, my friend." Tarn purses his lips. "I am not one to advise on difficult matters with any authority. Many in Eubric face prejudice, this is a fact that we must accept. But are we to guard those in the darkness from the harsh light of reality? How will they ever grow? All we can hope to do is ease their transition. Those in need simply require a guiding hand. As when I was in Xu with Atramor- we needed only speak up, and the Thumb was willing to leave the villagers in peace."

Hybros nodded to Natasha. "Perhaps if you stop in Eubric in the future... We have our fair share of political issues there, eheh."

He turned back to Tarn. "I see... perhaps you are right. I will try to share this sentiment with my people when I return."

Hybros looked around the room again. He had gotten so caught up in drinking and chatting with the guests that he had forgotten what they were here for. He sought out Guffington to ask what their next move was.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Keep an eye out on them. I recently sent some of my allies- The Golden Enforcer, The Golden Warden, whom Hybros knows, and the Witch Hunter, whom apparently your Hoke knows- to deal with one of their strong holds. But I have yet to hear from them as to the success of the mission."

DSCN0047.jpg

"The Elder Dragons... and, if we're speaking of trends in ancient texts, they do go by many names - the Ancestral Dragons, the Prior Dragons... and we must only assume that they're all the same. They're exact role in the history of the world is shrouded in fog. I believe the Dragons may know more, some of the more ancient ones, but being granted audience with the most elder dragons is a difficult feat."

Arthur nods. "I will. They sounded like bad news then...I can only imagine how much worse they'll be once angered." He looks to Mallelio. "Did The Prophetess and the Warrior contain any information on these eldest of Dragons, by any chance?"

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"We are never hesitant about adding others to our cause. And your dragon is already golden." She grins. "That's perfect. It is easy to find a member of our order, often, simply by looking for the gold. Though I haven't been able to convinced Gocklo or the Golden Enforcer to wear it."

"I understand the sentiment, my friend, but we need her too much here. I am sure that once the issues in Dastan are resolved she will travel the world once more, though I fear we may have all passed by then."

"True. Though that is part of why I take her care so seriously. No matter how long I remain in this world, she will likely outlast me. For better or for worse, she will bear my legacy for ages upon ages--and I feel I owe it to the world to make sure that legacy is a good one." The Dragoon shoots a brief glance at Mallelio, an acknowledgement of and apology for the past all in one.

After waiting for the others' replies, Arthur nods respectfully to each. "It has been a pleasure catching up with you, Tarn, Mallelio, and likewise a pleasure to meet you as well, Lady Natasha. Perhaps we can speak more after your match with Hoke? In any event, Emperor Septrine mentioned a Golden Inventor in your group, studying the automaton designs of the late, not particularly lamented Blackenord. Automata have always fascinated me, and I have personal experience with Blackenord's particular variety. Might you be able to direct me to this Golden Inventor?"

Edited by Flipz

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Follow me," she says to both Hoke and Arthur as she leads them out of the Hall. "The Golden Inventor is up in the Library in Aldari's Wing. I trust you will be able to find it," she says to Arthur. She leads Hoke to the Armory in the same Wing.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Let's see what you've got."

The Enemies

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

Natasha, Bearer of the Golden Light

Level 210 Humanoid *Immune to Ice, Light, All Negative Effects, and Instant Kill* *Nimble*

SP: 40

Health: 7000/7000

Special:
Premonition
- Natasha sees how the battle will go, and is able change the course of events. She grants her whole party lucky and jinxes the entire enemy party.

Passive Special I:
Visions
- Natasha is permanently nimble, having a pretty good idea where the enemy might land a blow.

Passive Special II:
Golden Shield
- The Golden Shield has a 1/3 chance to blind a foe every time they damage Natasha.

Drops: Nothing

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 53.2
*Immune: Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Lightning / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning

Power Bonus: 4, +4 WP

Defense: 42

Health:
91/91
161/182 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 1343

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory)

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Blade of Tranquility
(WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword)
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),
Great Axpeord
(WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),

Gems
- Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Garnet ( Earth)

Scrolls
-

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 11x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Remedy, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 4x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold)

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

8949d43c-f859-4bb7-86ae-e10059b0f713_zps319efa9b.jpg

"Hybros. Catching up with some old friends?" Guffington smiles. "Not much to do but wait until tomorrow. Then the little dragon Vipera will take us to the Heart Flame, I believe!"

Arthur heads to the Library in the Alandri Wing.

Hoke chuckles at himself as he sees Natasha prepare for the fight.

"Ready?"

With that, Zoot's Order elongates into a wickedly tipped spear and Hoke dives toward Natasha.

Natasha, Zoot's Order, Back Row

As he walks, Arthur casually drinks a Mead, hoping it would help him relax a little.

"Yes, it has been quite some time since I last saw Tarn." Hybros looked around again. "I see. In that case I wonder what else I can do to prepare. Is there a shop somewhere? Or is there more to this feast?"

Arthur climbs the stairs, and at the top, right outside the library, runs into a near-familar face.

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"QUERY: Who are you?"

Sparring Match Round One

>Hoke v. Natasha - Dragon's Aid (No Effect)

Hoke and Natasha shuffle back and forth, looking for a weakness in the other.

The Enemies

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

Natasha, Bearer of the Golden Light

Level 210 Humanoid *Immune to Ice, Light, All Negative Effects, and Instant Kill* *Nimble*

SP: 40

Health: 7000/7000

Special:
Premonition
- Natasha sees how the battle will go, and is able change the course of events. She grants her whole party lucky and jinxes the entire enemy party.

Passive Special I:
Visions
- Natasha is permanently nimble, having a pretty good idea where the enemy might land a blow.

Passive Special II:
Golden Shield
- The Golden Shield has a 1/3 chance to blind a foe every time they damage Natasha.

Drops: Nothing

The Party

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 53.2
*Immune: Fragile, Weakened, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Lightning / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1,
Dark
, Light,
Ice, Lightning

Power Bonus: 4, +4 WP

Defense: 42

Health:
91/91
161/182 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 1343

Equipment
:
Zoot's Order
(WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only),
Steel Buckler
(SP:31, Darkness-elemental), Heavy Armor (SP:5, immune Fragile),
Pugilist Gloves
(+2 to power, immune Weakened),
Hydra Skin
(SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear),
Warrior's Treads
(SP:2, Health +1),
Samurai Helmet
(WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors),
Electro Gear
(Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory)

Inventory
:

Weapons
-
Vintul
(WP: 16; greatsword),
Gladiator Trident
(WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear),
Wasabi Blade
(WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword),
Blade of Tranquility
(WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword)
Glistening Halberd
WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance),
Blue Steel Shield
(SP:5, Immune to Blind),
Fang Dagger
(WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger),
Hollow Flagpole
(WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance),
Great Axpeord
(WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts
-
Sharkskin Gloves
(Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks),
Helm of Prestige
(SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons),
Sterile Gloves
(Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone),
Cultist Hat
(damage vs undead),
Sigil of the Cold Circle
- (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers),

Gems
- Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Garnet ( Earth)

Scrolls
-

Tools
- Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables
- 4x Phoenix Essence, 11x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Remedy, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 4x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Nostrum, Mulled Wine, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Bone, Crystal Ball (Worth 50 gold, 100 in magic shops), Used Summoning Amulet (Worth 25 gold)

Decamon Deck
- Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

NOTE: You may quit the sparring match at any time without the use of a smoke bomb.

8949d43c-f859-4bb7-86ae-e10059b0f713_zps319efa9b.jpg

"I doubt shops would still be open. And there is nearly always more to any dinner than one would think. But perhaps it would be best to retire for the evening. We will have a full day tomorrow."

OoC: Sorry, JimBee, just letting a few of the sub quests wrap up, they're ending taking a little longer than I'd thought. :blush: I'll try to run them more swiftly so that you can get back to it! :thumbup:

After trying, yet failing to find an opening, Hoke recalls Zoot's Order.

"I knew that was a nice shield. Shall we call this a draw?"

"Hm, I see. Well then I will do that. Goodnight!" Hybros goes to his room (?) to retire for the night.

OOC: I got a Minimizing Dust from the lottery.

Arthur nods at the Minoid. "My name is Arthur Ziegfried, formerly known as Arthur Regulus. I am a friend of the first Minoid, as well as your creator Masson Cour. I am also a veteran of the Battle of Drakencourt, which is why, when Emperor Septrine mentioned you were studying Blackenord's designs, your studies immediately caught my attention. What has your progress been like so far?" he queries, allowing the Minoid to continue on to its destination while he follows.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"For now, a draw," Natasha says. "I can lead you to your quarters, if you like. I've gotten to know my way around the Palace just fine."

Hybros retires to one of the Ambassador's quarters, and is joined shortly by Elba, Guffington, and U'Or. They all settle in for the evening.

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"STATEMENT: Masson Cour recognized as creator. STATEMENT: I am not studying Blackenord. STATEMENT: You are referring to the Golden Inventor. STATEMENT: The Golden Inventor is in the room behind me, but must not be disturbed while studying. STATEMENT: Progress has been good, Blackenord was a intelligent inventor." The Minoid stays stationed in front of the door.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"For now, a draw," Natasha says. "I can lead you to your quarters, if you like. I've gotten to know my way around the Palace just fine."

"That would be fine, thanks."

Hoke retires for the evening.

Edited by UsernameMDM

IMG_2156_zpscc275904.jpg

"STATEMENT: Masson Cour recognized as creator. STATEMENT: I am not studying Blackenord. STATEMENT: You are referring to the Golden Inventor. STATEMENT: The Golden Inventor is in the room behind me, but must not be disturbed while studying. STATEMENT: Progress has been good, Blackenord was a intelligent inventor." The Minoid stays stationed in front of the door.

"I see. Well, I must admit I am disappointed. After meeting Lady Natasha, I was looking forward to meeting the Golden Inventor as well. Please inform the Inventor that I look forward to meeting in the morning." With that, Arthur looks to retire for the evening.

The doors to the Ambassador Quarters fly open. Natasha stands in the doorway.

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Come swiftly. The people are gathering outside. Ella is attempting to speak with them, but things aren't looking good."

Hybros, Hoke, Arthur and a bleary eyed Purpearl all stumble out of bed and into their armor. Lady Felix stands cooly at their side.

In the Hallway, Tarn and Natasha are waiting.

"I don't know what to do. Ella warns that stepping outside to be beside her may only enraged the people more... but I cannot bear to not protect her. What do you think I should do, my friends?"

IMG_2508_zpsyyy4pxng.jpg

"Vipera, U'Daras and U'Voros are already out there with them." She turns to the Dragoons. "Your dragons are circling over head."

A voice rings out in the heroes heads.

DSCN0139.jpg

<They are many, behind Sven. And more coming. Move swiftly, heroes. We may need your numbers.>

"Miirym...!"

Arthur races for the doors, but stops himself, barely able to contain his worry. "Wait. No...we can't. This whole problem is that we're foreigners, and the Dastanians don't like that...Ella's right, our interference will only anger the people of Dastan more...but at the same time, I can't bear to leave Miirym out there alone..." Arthur looks nervously at Tarn, his desire to protect Miirym just as strong as the Raider's desire to protect Ella. He then looks at Natasha, thinking back to the opinions she'd expressed the previous night. He stamps the butt end of his spear on the ground indecisively, ready to spring into action if either of them decide to act.

-----

Miirym, meanwhile, has mulled over many things. She begins murmuring to herself, audible to her fellow Dragons and perhaps the few people directly below, but none else. "<All things exert will. Mortals are the most aware of it. If I am to bend their will...>"

Without warning, she wheels and dips low, flying near to Ella and U'Daras so as to make mental contact with them. "If we are to bend their will, we must seek its source. Ask Sven the source of his discontent." After circling long enough to deliver her message, Miirym swoops back to the skies once more, rejoining her sisters in their circling.

Edited by Flipz

"Princess Ella's safety comes first. If it gets rowdy outside and her life is in danger, it may leave us with no choice."

"Yes, but the emperor said the whole reason they dislike Ella is her connection to foreign--" Arthur suddenly stops himself as he hears the words coming out of his mouth. "By the gods," he says, suddenly disgusted, "I sound like the damn Bonapartes. Catering to selfish bigots...what next, am I going to start harassing innocent ship captains because they refuse to kiss up to me?" Arthur shakes his head. "Lady Purpearl is right, we can't let anything happen to Lady U'Daras or Princess Ella." Arthur prepares to go out front to join the two soon-to-be Empresses.