Sign in to follow this  
TheOneVeyronian

[MOC] Skeletal Dragon

This is a really great looking piece! I like it a lot. I'm wondering how you know it's anatomically accurate, though. :wink:

Edited by fred67

Superb work, one of the finest dragons I've ever seen in LEGO form. Beautifully rendered too. Exquisite! Hope you find time to pop in here more often!

This is a really great looking piece! I like it a lot. I'm wondering how you know it's anatomically accurate, though. :wink:

I have several art and reference books about dragons (goes to show how nuts I am about dragons!), some of which have diagrams of their skeletons which ultimately served as a reference point for relative positions and proportions on this MOC. It's hypothetically anatomically accurate, it can't be truly anatomically accurate since dragons don't exist in real life :grin:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian

Now you just gave -1 morale to my army!

(A cookie to the first person who understands my post)

Heroes of might and magic OR lordswm.com

Correct. :wink: Heroes 2 and 3, in particular.

bonedragon.jpg

You lack leadership.

Correct. :wink: Anyone in Heroes 2 or 3 who has the leadership skill doesn't suffer much from a -1 morale.

Unless you start mixing units from different factions. :devil:

Edited by SheepEater

Well, yesterday I placed the last order for the parts I needed to build it in real life. They're going to take a couple of weeks to arrive though, but I'm going to post the model here as soon as it's finished.

I've also made a set of instructions for building it, I'll be uploading those along with pictures of the model in real life :classic:

Well, yesterday I placed the last order for the parts I needed to build it in real life. They're going to take a couple of weeks to arrive though, but I'm going to post the model here as soon as it's finished.

I've also made a set of instructions for building it, I'll be uploading those along with pictures of the model in real life :classic:

Fantastic, I'd love to use the model in a still distant future MOC Diorama at some point, with your permission.

Fantastic, I'd love to use the model in a still distant future MOC Diorama at some point, with your permission.

Of course, as long as you give me credit for it :wink:

I will warn you though: I have built the MOC in real life now, and it's more fragile than bone china, and may require the removal of some of the 1x1 studs along the spine. You will also need to bend the flex tubes a LOT to get them to stay in shape as they sag with the model's weight. It's kind of a miracle that it all stays together. But more on that when I get the IRL pictures and the instructions up in a couple of days time. I still need to take the pictures and prepare a useful parts list :classic:

I finally finished the real life version of the Skeletal Dragon in all it's more fragile than bone china - it took hours to just get it to stay together glory! :laugh:

20045331188_1b8bb2d54b_z.jpg

And I've also made some instructions for it, just click on the picture below to view and download the PDF.

19612187593_3447ee542d_z.jpg

And click here for the list of parts in XML form, which you can just copy and paste into Bricklink's mass wanted list upload section should you want to BL your very own skellie dragon. Just be sure to give me credit if you use all or part of the build in your own MOC's :sweet:

Any questions or thoughts about it, feel free to post here or PM me :classic:

Edited by TheOneVeyronian