CopMike

The what I did today thread ......

I've been crowd controlling people all day long at the Norwegian Technical Museum in Oslo, to prevent overcrowding of the LEGO-tables for the "Children's Dream-City" event. Good god, I'm tired! Who knew handing out tickets and telling people to meet at certain times could be so exhausting.

But it's worth it. VW Beetle and Medieval Market, here I come! :D

Yesterday I went out with family and a few friends to celebrate my 18th. It was a really nice night, the food was good, and it was nice to spend time with my friends away from college. Then we all came back to mine for a bit (okay, so they didn't leave till 12) and, well... I think I may have had slightly too much to drink. :laugh::blush:

Then today I had to go to a pantomime rehersal, and seeing as how I'm tech crew that meant sitting in front of a pair of speakers. Not a good thing after last night. :sick:

Today I stayed home all day and posted like crazy on EB. (54 posts!) I also ate some pizza! :wub:

Lego12

Purchased a large supply of items from the new testors online catalogue: Link

:thumbup:

Last week: Went for an early B-day party with my friends. Played Wii for a while, went to the corn maze, and my friend got lost... right in front of us, in a dead end. :wacko:

Today, had the PSAT (very easy), had lunch with friends, and my parts for a MOC came from Grego. It's to build a MOC for school, depicting "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God".

Great week.

I just spend all Saturday on the Wii. I played 'Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition,' I managed to complete Seperate Ways and Assignment Ada, starting on the Mercenaries (for the millionth time). Later I got annoyed of Wii Sports (you ALWAYS hit a foul ball, or an out ball), then played Wii Play, and got semi-annoyed off of the Fishing and Laser Hockey modes. Later I signed in at the Computer, browsed everywhere, found out about Eurobricks, signed up, and started posting up to here.

Tomorrow never dies.

Last night I took part in a Lancashire night as part of the youth theatre group I'm part of. There were a variety of acts all revolving around Lancashire, my home county. After we'd done our bit, most of our cast hung around backstage messing around, but I watched the rest of the night with one of the other cast members.

I think... had either of us watched it on our own it would have been mildly amusing. But because we watched it together it was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. She kept laughing, which then made me laugh. We both perfected the art of subtle, silent laughter. :laugh:

Well, yesterday I went to my first Band Review in Santa Cuz, CA. That was a helluva lot of work! I play the quads, and they're one of the heaviest freakin' percussion instruments for marching, and we started at Santa Cruz High and marched all the way to the boardwalk. Not to mention that we were stopping every block or so for about five minutes for different things. We went at least 3 miles, up and down hills, on extremely crappy streets, just asking for a twisted ankle or for a trip-up. I'm extremely tired. Not to mention that Friday, we all left school early to march to the library, then march back, playing, for the Homecoming parade, then, marched around the field, then back to the band room. (an excess of about 5-6 miles, round trip).

On top of all of this, my really good friend, Ashley, fractured her right foot during street practice last tuesday. She marched most of the way, and got a ride the rest of the way. She was really brave to do it, and I was really proud of her for it. I spent most of the day walking with her on the boardwalk, because she was walking considerably slower than everyone else. I found it considerably hard to complain about anything while I was around her. It just felt wrong to complain about my legs being sore when she went almost the whole way with her instrument with a broken foot. It was kind of a humbling experience for me. I also held her crutches while a bunch of our friends and her played lazer tag instead of going in and playing with them. (she apparently found a corner and camped there). She really appreciated it.

We didn't place (I don't think) but I don't think I could have had a better time than I did yesterday (for as little as I did.)

Today, I think I'm gonna watch a couple of movies while I recover. IJ: IV, Iron Man, and Zohan, here I come!

DSR

Edited by Dark Sword Ragnarok

Well, yesterday I went to my first Band Review in Santa Cuz, CA. That was a helluva lot of work! I play the quads, and they're one of the heaviest freakin' percussion instruments for marching, and we started at Santa Cruz High and marched all the way to the boardwalk. Not to mention that we were stopping every block or so for about five minutes for different things. during the whole thing. We went at least 3 miles, up and down hills, on extremely crappy streets, just asking for a twisted ankle or for a trip-up. I'm extremely tired. Not to mention that Friday, we all left school early to march to the library, then march back, playing, for the Homecoming parade, then, marched around the field, then back to the band room. (an excess of about 5-6 miles, round trip).

On top of all of this, my really good friend, Ashley, fractured her right foot during street practice last tuesday. She marched most of the way, and got a ride the rest of the way. She was really brave to do it, and I was really proud of her for it. I spent most of the day walking with her on the boardwalk, because she was walking considerably slower than everyone else. I found it considerably hard to complain about anything while I was around her. It just felt wrong to complain about my legs being sore when she went almost the whole way with her instrument with a broken foot. It was kind of a humbling experience for me. I also held her crutches while a bunch of our friends and her played lazer tag instead of going in and playing with them. (she apparently found a corner and camped there). She really appreciated it.

We didn't place (I don't think) but I don't think I could have had a better time than I did yesterday (for as little as I did.)

Today, I think I'm gonna watch a couple of movies while I recover. IJ: IV, Iron Man, and Zohan, here I come!

DSR

Oof. I know how you feel. I play the trumpet, and next parade is right around the corner. It may be lighter than the quads, but they use up so much air... whew. My friend (who is the shortest in the band) had to carry the base drum last time. She couldn't see over it. :laugh:

Apparently I'm in the school play now, Bye Bye Birdie. They needed a "marching band" for the scene when Conrad Birdie comes to town, and me and six other kids are going to be wearing our snazzy marching outfits and pantomime playing.

Oof. I know how you feel. I play the trumpet, and next parade is right around the corner. It may be lighter than the quads, but they use up so much air... whew. My friend (who is the shortest in the band) had to carry the base drum last time. She couldn't see over it. :laugh:

Apparently I'm in the school play now, Bye Bye Birdie. They needed a "marching band" for the scene when Conrad Birdie comes to town, and me and six other kids are going to be wearing our snazzy marching outfits and pantomime playing.

Yeah, I can see how playing a trumpet uses a quite a bit of air. My harness is actually very wierd. I'm kind of a big guy (my rib cage is huge) and my harness fits on me in a way that it resricts my breathing sometimes. I can't get a full breath usually. At least Santa Cruz was somewhat cool, our uniforms are freakin' hot!

And I know how the Bass Drums are. I had to play the 3rd biggest one for our street percussion song, and I had to march just by watching the hat plume on the girl in front of me!

Also, good luck with the play!

DSR

I play Eb Tuba. The trumpet and flute players have no idea just how easy they have it. And who always parks closest to the venue we're playing at? Yes, the ***ing trumpet and flute players!

In other news, what I did today was grade some of my Jujitsu students in Kickboxing, sleep for a while and go to a Karate class.

I had to go to, like, four or five hair salons so my parents could get a good idea of what my hairstlyle needs to be. :hmpf: Blegh. I'm also bored, and have really nothing to do. I want to build a dropship, but I'm too lazy to dig through parts right now. :grin: I wanted to go to the movies this weekend, but I don't know if I will. I wanted to go with my friend Ashley and a few other people, but she wasn't at school friday and I don't have her cell phone number. I might try and get it from my friend, but probably not. Too lazy. Besides, we have Band reviews the next three weekends in a row. Ah! :wacko: This is the part when the band director says " Welcome to Hell, guys... :devil: ". Hello, leg pains! :grin: Hopefully Ashley will be able to walk well for the next one.

DSR

What I did today, hell, it's more like what I didn't do that I should have done.

Theres this girl I really like, and she's going to the Homecoming dance tonight. Which I didn't find out until the game last night. So, since I hadn't planned on going, I never bought a ticket. So now I'm kicking myself nfor not going, so I going to have a crappy rest of the day.

And I am very sad.

I wanted to go to the movies this weekend, but I don't know if I will. I wanted to go with my friend Ashley and a few other people, but she wasn't at school friday and I don't have her cell phone number. I might try and get it from my friend, but probably not.

DSR

That same thing happened to me too. I dont have the girl I wanted to go with's (same one mentioned earlier) number. So yeah, aint life wonderful.

What I did today, hell, it's more like what I didn't do that I should have done.

Theres this girl I really like, and she's going to the Homecoming dance tonight. Which I didn't find out until the game last night. So, since I hadn't planned on going, I never bought a ticket. So now I'm kicking myself nfor not going, so I going to have a crappy rest of the day.

And I am very sad.

That same thing happened to me too. I dont have the girl I wanted to go with's (same one mentioned earlier) number. So yeah, aint life wonderful.

Wow, that sucks. Know that feeling!

Our homecoming was the same night as the Homecoming Football game, around the same time, too. :tongue: Besides that, Band had to play there, and then we had a competition in Santa Cruz the very next day, after wearing our new uniforms throughout town, marching. They had dust on them and were all sweaty and stuff, all the moms were freaking out while we were there, going around cleaning dust and other crap off people's pants. :hmpf_bad:

Also, one of my close friends was dating Ashley for a while. Then, he found out the girl he liked before dumped her boyfriend, and he dumped Ashley in Santa Cruz. He didn't like her very much anyway and was trying to make her dump him so he wouldn't look bad when he ran to a new girl. As soon as he figured out I liked her (the same day), he finally decided to let her go. :hmpf: Well, at least he ws kind enough to do it for a friend...

Only thing is, Ashley has an older brother, Joey. He's big. He is also in Drumline, 1st period, with me. :grin: And he knows I like Ashley. Well, at least he's a pretty nice guy, even if he does scare the crap out of me.

On top of that, the same friend that dumped Ashley won't stop giving me crap about not asking her out yet. :hmpf: He has now decided that if I don't do it on monday (it was originally friday, but she wasn't at school) he will hurt me. I don't know if he'll do it or not, but I know that he can, and that frightens me a bit. :look: Hopefully he'll forget, or decide to be merciful.

Well, enough about my problems for now. Anyone else feel like sharing their problems? :grin:

DSR

Wow, that a bit confusing. I had to read it a few times to fully understand. You should definately ask her out Monday, ecspecially if you like the current arrangement of you face :sceptic::tongue: . And I was gonna get her number on Monday, but dammit, my phone won't charge! :cry_sad: Then, earlier, when I was doing a battle, I dropped my Republic Gunship. Oddly enough, the day started out great. I had a clean up event for ROTC this morning. Abbie was there which was really nice. (Abbie is the girl I've been talking about.) So we stayed an hour after the thing was over-me, her and two of our other friends, talking. But as soon as I got home everything just started to suck. And my mom even bought me KotOR II and the original Halo. And now my sister is watching High School Musical 2 :cry_sad: I hate my life.

Wow, that a bit confusing. I had to read it a few times to fully understand. You should definately ask her out Monday, ecspecially if you like the current arrangement of you face :sceptic::tongue: . And I was gonna get her number on Monday, but dammit, my phone won't charge! :cry_sad: Then, earlier, when I was doing a battle, I dropped my Republic Gunship. Oddly enough, the day started out great. I had a clean up event for ROTC this morning. Abbie was there which was really nice. (Abbie is the girl I've been talking about.) So we stayed an hour after the thing was over-me, her and two of our other friends, talking. But as soon as I got home everything just started to suck. And my mom even bought me KotOR II and the original Halo. And now my sister is watching High School Musical 2 :cry_sad: I hate my life.

Sorry, I kind of ranted there. :tongue:

Well, I want to ask her out on monday, but I have this this extreme fear of rejection thing, which kind of makes me hesitant. And I don't think he'll hurt my face, more like my ribcage area. Piledrivers hurt, my friend. H did it once a few years ago while I was laying on the floor on my side, and I swear to God one of my ribs made a popping sound, and I couldn't breath for at least a minute. That was not fun.

Well, sorry your day has sucked so far. Hopefully you can rebuild your RGS. Glad you got a chance to talk to Abby, though. That's always good! Have fun with KotOR II.

Maybe I will ask out Ashley soon, but most likely not monday, unless my health is threatened. :sadnew: I just don't want to ask her out, find out she doesn't like me as much as I hoped, then make everything hella awkward. This has happened before, mind you. Not the best experience of my life. :cry_sad: I think she likes me, but, well, I don't know. We didn't talk much in Santa Cruz, but she really liked the fact that I was willing to walk with her as she limped with her crutches 20 feet behind everyone else. :grin: I wanted to wait a while just to make sure she likes me back, but I don't know if someone else will take her before I get a chance. My friends have all warned me about that already, and this is the one time that any of my friends have thought I could actually get a girl, so, I'm a little bit encouraged, I suppose.

I'll think about it.

Wow, it looks like we're turning this topic into a teen life thing. :grin: At least its getting some attention now! :laugh:

DSR

Well, I want to ask her out on monday, but I have this this extreme fear of rejection thing, which kind of makes me hesitant. And I don't think he'll hurt my face, more like my ribcage area. Piledrivers hurt, my friend. H did it once a few years ago while I was laying on the floor on my side, and I swear to God one of my ribs made a popping sound, and I couldn't breath for at least a minute. That was not fun.

Well, sorry your day has sucked so far. Hopefully you can rebuild your RGS. Glad you got a chance to talk to Abby, though. That's always good! Have fun with KotOR II.

I just don't want to ask her out, find out she doesn't like me as much as I hoped, then make everything hella awkward. This has happened before, mind you. Not the best experience of my life. :cry_sad: I think she likes me, but, well, I don't know.

I'll think about it.

Wow, it looks like we're turning this topic into a teen life thing. :grin: At least its getting some attention now! :laugh:

DSR

Alright, your story is getting more and more like mine each minute. (goes and checks windows for people staring in)

but I can pretty much say the same things.

Alright, your story is getting more and more like mine each minute. (goes and checks windows for people staring in)

but I can pretty much say the same things.

Haha, well, I suppose we both have typical high school lives. :laugh: What exactly sounds like your story?

Hopefully your not OCD like me. I dislike people touching me (girls are okay though, it doesn't affect me as much if its not a guy), people touching my stuff/ Lego without me specifically saying "yes, you can touch that", I always feel like I'm forgetting something for some reason. I also don't trust people very much, mostly not at all, just because of all my crappy life experiences. :hmpf: I have a pretty high threshold for pain, due to being beaten at school regularly before. :wacko: Mostly just punches to the arms and stuff, but it made me alot stronger. It also taught me not to fight back without good reason, because the one time I did, I laid out one of my friends who gave me a dead-leg. In his back, while he was off guard. He jumped back up and laid about 20 blows into my stomach/ chest area. Ouch. :sceptic:

Anyway, still thinking about asking out Ashley. Maybe. :grin:

DSR

Edit: Just so I doin't double post. Tonight, I got a new avatar, Star Wolf based, with my initials, DSR, on it. took me an hour or so on flickr getting the size just right. Also fixed my sig, so I have pics/links in there again, since my coding went to crap a while ago.

DSR

So what they say is true, you do have some sort of twin out there. Yes, I am very OCD, and never let anyone go into my room or touch my LEGO unless invited. I hate people touching me, and I can trust only a few people, Abbie being one of them.

I have a fear of rejection,m as well.

So what they say is true, you do have some sort of twin out there. Yes, I am very OCD, and never let anyone go into my room or touch my LEGO unless invited. I hate people touching me, and I can trust only a few people, Abbie being one of them.

I have a fear of rejection, as well.

Oh my God I freakin knew it! :oh: More proof for my theorem! When I spent time in Idaho over the summer, I saw at least two or three people I tought I knew, but just barely looked like them. Contraversy, I tell you! :sing:

:laugh: Anyway, that is kinda wierd that we're so similar. Especially the OCD thing. The extreme fear of rejection though, I'm sure is just coincidence. Although, it has held me back in a lot of cases. I guess I'm just not a risk-taker. :grin:

Well, good luck with Abbie. Hopefully I'll have some luck with Ashley. :wub:

DSR

Yes, this is an odd line of similaities, I never could have guess that there would be some one with the same charactersics that I have, so far away.

And good luck to you too, and may the Force be with you.

Yes, this is an odd line of similaities, I never could have guess that there would be some one with the same charactersics that I have, so far away.

And good luck to you too, and may the Force be with you.

Well, the world works in strange ways, I suppose!

Thanks, and best of luck!

Anyway, on topic (before a mod decides to kill us) I did some cleaning today. Nothing exciting. May get to work on that dropship soon. Or, I'll just take pics of that Rouge Shadow Hybrid that's been sitting around for a while... That way, I can use the parts for something else!

DSR

OK yeah, enough with the teenage life discussion, thats what PMs are for. Today I got my phone fixed, rebuilt my RGS, and built a landing pad with space control center. I also played some more KotOR II and managed to get off of Citadel Station and crash landed on Telos. Even though it's early in the game, I'm almost all the way evil :devil:

P.S. DSR, take pics of the Rogue Shadow Prototype, and use the peices for that dropship, or make a custom freighter, those are cooler. :wink:

OK yeah, enough with the teenage life discussion, thats what PMs are for. Today I got my phone fixed, rebuilt my RGS, and built a landing pad with space control center. I also played some more KotOR II and managed to get off of Citadel Station and crash landed on Telos. Even though it's early in the game, I'm almost all the way evil :devil:

P.S. DSR, take pics of the Rogue Shadow Prototype, and use the peices for that dropship, or make a custom freighter, those are cooler. :wink:

Will do today, possibly. Took some pics of a small MOC I threw together last night of a scene from Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The episode on friday, Rookies, was the best one yet.

Well, we're not doing anything in Engineering right now (I'm posting from school) and I'm seriously bored. I'm lucky eurobricks slipped through the cracks on the computor filters here. Flickr is blocked, though. Well, Ashley isn't here again, so that's a no-go. :sceptic: Damn, my luck can suck sometimes.

Oh crap, that rimed and I didn't want it to. :grin:

Well, at least I get to keep my face in it's current form for another day! Now I can't wait for Tuesday night band practice....wow, never thought I'd say that!

DSR

I stayed after school and talked to Abbie for about an hour. I told my mom I had Honor Gaurd practice, but oh well :tongue: For some reason I couldn't bring my self to sking her out. :sceptic: Oh well again, I might tomorrow, hopefully we have a laid back, do-nothing day in ROTC again.