Logan McOwen

Star Wars Constraction 2016 Discussion

For now the links have been removed- the origin of the photos is unknown and leaked images of Star Wars sets have been strictly moderated in the past due to the important relationship between Disney and LEGO.

WIth that said, I really hope we see that black piston piece appear in a larger quantity in next year's Bionicle, now that it's existence is here.

One new universally used mold, yet it's only in one color and molds for the heads. and a new torso armor mold, barely any recolors. (idk if Death Trooppers cloak thing counts as a mold)

it's significantly less "new" parts than the beasts have yet these look so much better executed and remain faithful to the original concept really well.

Almost feels like they used this summer's Bionicle just to experiment instead of trying to make a sellable product.

But I guess the hefty price tag helps to come up with these more polished designs.

Hopefully we get that new shell the Stormtrooper and the droid use. It looks very useful for large MOCs. Never thought I'd have to thank SW for making CCBS grow, hah.

Are these going to be 6? I heard there's going to be Han and Boba (with sand green parts confirmed), dunno about the 6th. I'd like the red armoured guy or Donnie Yen's character (ahem... sorry, not very knowledgeable about SW) personally.

EDIT: found a list from a German site with 3 sets and their prices, not sure if I can post it.

Edited by Shakar

Black piston shell? New armor piece? Sign me up!

Overall, these look really good, especially the droid. Even Jyn's head mold isn't that bad and is about as good as Rey's! Quite excited for this wave... wish there were six though.

Hopefully we get that new shell the Stormtrooper and the droid use. It looks very useful for large MOCs. Never thought I'd have to thank SW for making CCBS grow, hah.

Are these going to be 6? I heard there's going to be Han and Boba (with sand green parts confirmed), dunno about the 6th. I'd like the red armoured guy or Donnie Yen's character (ahem... sorry, not very knowledgeable about SW) personally.

EDIT: found a list from a German site with 3 sets and their prices, not sure if I can post it.

post it and find out

Quite excited for this wave... wish there were six though.

We know there will be.

Heftiest rumors of what those could be are Boba Fett and Han Solo, though hardly any word of the third. Some are even toying with an another Darth Vader.

Hmm. These all three were on the same page, despite the Death Troopper being a bad guy, you would expect them to arrange bad guys and good guys on different pages.

These three are completely new to canon and Boba and Han are not. Could this mean the second page consists of classic characters appearing on the film? Meaning the third will be a classic too?

But I guess the hefty price tag helps to come up with these more polished designs.

I don't think the price tag gives LEGO a bigger budget for these sets.....they have to pay extra for the licence regardless, so the heightened price might help to pay Disney a piece, while recovering revenue equal to what a Bionicle set would be worth. I think the budgets for the Star Wars figures are also bigger because they're Star Wars sets, proven to be popular. Hate to say it, but Bionicle doesn't seem that popular. Also, I agree that the summer wave has been very much experimental...but I would argue the winter wave was also experimental.

I believe each wave has consisted of a balance of 50/50 villains and heroes. For the first wave, Luke, Obi-Wan, Cody vs General Grievous, Darth Vader, Jango Fett. Force Awakens: Finn, Rey, Poe vs Stormtrooper, Phasma, Ren. I don't believe it will be any different this time...and from what I've seen, the droid is an ally of the Rebels (?) so he might be a hero. Two heroes so far, which means one is left, while two villains are still unknown. Also, I highly doubt Han Solo is one of the figures. I would say...the General in white robes is one of the other figures, and likely another Stormtrooper.

Edited by lambda_cla3391

post it and find out

Not a good idea :laugh:

The list says each is 24,99 Euro. Kinda justified for the droid (license extra included), but it's insane for the other two.

Another Darth Vader? Huh.. would make sense. 3 new characters + 3 classics. It's definitely a safe bet, a less pricy DV with a gearbox seems like it would sell well, and if there's one character that can get a second figure after a short while, it's him. He's the Rocka of Star Wars. :laugh:

Edited by Shakar

I don't think the price tag gives LEGO a bigger budget for these sets.....they have to pay extra for the licence regardless, so the heightened price might help to pay Disney a piece, while recovering revenue equal to what a Bionicle set would be worth. I think the budgets for the Star Wars figures are also bigger because they're Star Wars sets, proven to be popular. Hate to say it, but Bionicle doesn't seem that popular. Also, I agree that the summer wave has been very much experimental...but I would argue the winter wave was also experimental.

In some cases for sure but Lava Beast for example, given the parts we have and it's prize a concept like that could had not been realized better than this. Aside from changing dark orange legs to black or gray I've yet to see anyone come up with and idea how to improve it that isn't about adding more to the set, instead of replacing it's design. Most of his flaws are directly tied to the prize tag.

Another Darth Vader?

But wouldn't releasing another Darth Vader nearly a year after the last one (which costs much more compared to those prices listed) be kind of redundant? If he gets shrunk as well....it would make this one a lesser version of the last one. My feelings tell me Vader will not be one of the figures for Rogue One. I still think Director Krennic would be one of the characters made into figure form since he's the main villain. I wouldn't know what a third possibility would be...perhaps a Boba Fett, or another different looking Stormtrooper. We did get two in the last wave...so Id on't know if they'd go for more this time around.

We know there will be.

Heftiest rumors of what those could be are Boba Fett and Han Solo, though hardly any word of the third. Some are even toying with an another Darth Vader.

Hmm. These all three were on the same page, despite the Death Troopper being a bad guy, you would expect them to arrange bad guys and good guys on different pages.

These three are completely new to canon and Boba and Han are not. Could this mean the second page consists of classic characters appearing on the film? Meaning the third will be a classic too?

Thanks for the info!

As for Vader, I'm going by the rule that if they dont get a trailer spotlight, they won't be released. Even if it's a big reveal, I don't think that they'd release a second Vader and also don't think he will have a super large movie role like these guys do...

Very much liking the Jyn Erso headsculpt; even if it doesn't really appear to resemble the character, it's leagues better in stylization compared to the weird androgyny of Luke and Rey, or the downright disturbing uncanny valley of Finn. Deathtrooper seems a little bland to me, but I'm not super sure why. Love the droid.

Will the sets be dead on the arrival?

http://pagesix.com/2...star-wars-film/

Not this alone, but the marketing has been just plain awful and age rating is for older kids.

How they can sell the sets if they won't get name recognition?

Edited by GK733

Will the sets be dead on the arrival?

http://pagesix.com/2...star-wars-film/

Not this alone, but the marketing has been just plain awful and age rating is for older kids.

How they can sell the sets if they won't get name recognition?

It's Star Wars. Even if the movie is a flop, it will still make an enormous amount of money and thousands of kids will see it. I'm pretty sure that these will be really recognizable. And even if they aren't, people will still buy them because they are a.) Lego and b.) look cool. I wouldn't worry about these sales.

This is Disney we're talking about. Edwards is apparently a risk-taking director, which means the Disney execs want to make this movie less creative and more copy-paste like TFA. Those figures would still sell well I think, though I do not understand the price point of Jyn. Lego thinks that by adding those terrible friction joints everywhere they can justify the price.

I recently went to Walmart to see their Constraction selection. All the 24$ figures were 20$. While the cheaper ones remained the same price. I got a Captain Phasma and was amazed to learn that it had two capes. I do find it strange that they hadn't marked down the normally 20$ figures.

This is Disney we're talking about. Edwards is apparently a risk-taking director, which means the Disney execs want to make this movie less creative and more copy-paste like TFA. Those figures would still sell well I think, though I do not understand the price point of Jyn. Lego thinks that by adding those terrible friction joints everywhere they can justify the price.

Disney has nothing to do with writing the movies, its been confirmed by staff more then once on twitter. Also why only rip on tfa for being like EP 4. EP 1 was also a lot like EP 4

Read this please http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots

Edited by pittpenguin123

Episode 1 tried to have a same-ish structure (yet was very different) but it failed as a movie, and while TFA succeeded as a movie, it's just so god damn unoriginal that it's cringeworthy. I don't think Disney is toning down RO but I don't really know what's actually going on there and how much power over a movie an exec has. I don't think this is really related to the topic however. I just meant to say that whatever the final product will be, the things that the sets are based on will not change in looks. The sets won't be inaccurate, though in the System range the occasional minifig lineup might not make sense, but that's nothing new.