just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Hmm... to think that could take up the regular DC sets slot for the summer.

Probably about as likely as Friends taking away from City sets, or Elves Ninjago.

No way, especially not this coming summer. Not only would it decrease profits by limiting a more broad theme to one subject group, but with the hype of Suicide Squad and the coming DC films, it wouldn't make sense as a business venture. And it's just plain suck for the rest of us.

If it's Friends-styled sets, then no. Minifigure styled sets though could be a different story.

Personally, I think we'll be seeing Suicide Squad based sets (either movie based (the studio is aiming for a PG-13 rating) or comic based) and 1 more BvS set with

Aquaman and Doomsday.

Anyways, we'll know soon enough (end of the month, unless they are all movie based and they aren't on display at Toy Fair to avoid spoilers).

Edited by psqidexslizer248

I see the bigger BvS sets available for sale on the official TLG website but I don't see the microscale batmobile (30446) anywhere...

Has anyone already purchase theirs?

I see the bigger BvS sets available for sale on the official TLG website but I don't see the microscale batmobile (30446) anywhere...

Has anyone already purchase theirs?

I believe Microscale Batmobile has been found in the wild, either at Target or ToysRUs.

As for psqidexslizer248, I don't believe were getting a fourth, if anything we'll get an Aquaman poly later on in the year. We would've known about it by now.

I believe Microscale Batmobile has been found in the wild, either at Target or ToysRUs.

As for psqidexslizer248, I don't believe were getting a fourth, if anything we'll get an Aquaman poly later on in the year. We would've known about it by now.

We still know nothing about the Summer wave (if there is one), so there could be a 4th set in there (or there could not be a 4th set in there).

We still know nothing about the Summer wave (if there is one), so there could be a 4th set in there (or there could not be a 4th set in there).

We only know of one Juniors set with Lex Luthor, Batman, and Superman. Whether it's based on BvS: DoJ or not, we do not know. But there could be one there,but given the time from the movie's release to the summer wave in June-August, I doubt we'll get one that we don't already know about. But again, that's just my logic.

The cheapest one, Clash of Heroes, is definitely worth it. The minfigures and piece selection are great for $13. As for Kryptonite Interception, I'd say that's up to you. Sure you get Batman, but it's just a forklift and two LexCorp guards, plus th new Batmobile. I personally love the set, but it's als up to your taste and views on the movie and its material. The Batmobile is well built though.

So yes for the smallest, and yes for the middle set.

The cheapest one, Clash of Heroes, is definitely worth it. The minfigures and piece selection are great for $13. As for Kryptonite Interception, I'd say that's up to you. Sure you get Batman, but it's just a forklift and two LexCorp guards, plus th new Batmobile. I personally love the set, but it's als up to your taste and views on the movie and its material. The Batmobile is well built though.

Thank you! The sets look really good so I think I'll go for it.

Thank you! The sets look really good so I think I'll go for it.

Target finally had all three new DC sets in, so I got the little one and the batwing, because it was still listed for $49.99...

If we were getting a 4th BVS set I think we would've heard of it by now. Civil War is getting one but when that set is released it will be closer to the movies actual release date. If a 4th set were to be released in the Summer wave it would be 4 to 5 months after the movies release and with the major slate of Summer Blockbusters it won't be in theaters anymore by that time. It would've been nice to get an Aquaman minifigure but I honestly don't think we will see him till Justice League.

However speaking of summer sets how many are we expected to get? The average is 5-7 with 2015 having 7 but 2014 having 5. Will Mighty Micros affect the total (real) set number? Going by the average I expect only 2 summer sets (possibly one more Suicide Squad themed) but what exactly will they be? More comic Justice League or Batman?

If we were getting a 4th BVS set I think we would've heard of it by now. Civil War is getting one but when that set is released it will be closer to the movies actual release date. If a 4th set were to be released in the Summer wave it would be 4 to 5 months after the movies release and with the major slate of Summer Blockbusters it won't be in theaters anymore by that time. It would've been nice to get an Aquaman minifigure but I honestly don't think we will see him till Justice League.

However speaking of summer sets how many are we expected to get? The average is 5-7 with 2015 having 7 but 2014 having 5. Will Mighty Micros affect the total (real) set number? Going by the average I expect only 2 summer sets (possibly one more Suicide Squad themed) but what exactly will they be? More comic Justice League or Batman?

Yes to your BvS speculation, I don't expect anything. As for the summer sets, we know nothing past March, and still haven't seen one of the two sets released that month. So no, we know nothing for the summer DC SuperHeroes wave. However, there is a Juniors set. (See my brief description a few posts back)

Edited by Aegis2000

Local Target has all 3 BvS sets. Will pick up Clash of Heroes later, got Kryptonite Interception tonight.

Batmobile is awesome. Feels very sturdy, looks great, and the scale is awesome. Significantly larger than any car, but not enormous like Lego Batmobiles of old.

Got the batman set in toysrus first day release today. I had to queue up for nearly 35 minutes in order to pay at the cashier. I saw many people buying the star wars set and ferry wheels. The mini x wing and the FO troopers battle set were quickly sold out........

Anyway the price of the superheroes set has risen a bit. For example the price of the 76045 batmobile set should be the same as the marvel hulkbuster set. But the price in toyrus is nearly $7 USD much more than the hulkbuster set I bought last year.

Got the batman set in toysrus first day release today. I had to queue up for nearly 35 minutes in order to pay at the cashier. I saw many people buying the star wars set and ferry wheels. The mini x wing and the FO troopers battle set were quickly sold out........

Anyway the price of the superheroes set has risen a bit. For example the price of the 76045 batmobile set should be the same as the marvel hulkbuster set. But the price in toyrus is nearly $7 USD much more than the hulkbuster set I bought last year.

ToysRUs has a tendency to do that but they do price match so its always good to have the item on a webpage for an accurate price they will match it. Same for most stores as long as the item is in-stock and not on sale. Keep this in mind because you can use Target's price for the Batwing, Avenjet and Battle of Takanada and get it $10 cheaper if you use price match. Went to Target today and although Brickfinder says they have the item in stock they can't find it (same thing happened with the Batmobile a couple weeks ago) but I did pick up the Battle of Heroes and Avenjet set. I plan to price match with Walmart but it seems they didn't get any new sets in :hmpf_bad:

ToysRUs, being a secondary consumer/retailer/seller of Lego, is able to fix their own prices. Given the company has no debt until I believe 2018, they have risen prices for maximum profit. I don't often buy there, except for price matches and exclusive polybags.

I actually blew my gift money there on Dimensions because their selection was better than Target, and they had a "buy one, get one 40% off" deal.

I didn't see any of the new sets yesterday, save for one copy of the Kryptonite Interception in Target. Lots of shelf space left empty in anticipation at TRU, though.

When is the DC Superheroes girls theme coming out?

Some comic news sites are saying this year, but there's no information when, it could be in September for all we know

I have Classic TV Series Batcave news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got an email from Brickset. I sent them this yesterday morning:

Have you seen the Feb. 2016 store calendar! Feb. 17-29 is the new Classic TV Series Batcave! Public release is March 1st, 2016.

And they asked me about confirmation in a further email, and I quoted just2good. They then sent me this this morning!

Based on an email we received last night I can confirm that it will be the Classic Batcave. There are no images yet but there will be fairly soon.

What do you guys think? I cannot wait!

Since when was Brainiac Attack retired? It was only released last year. It now says retired product on S@H. I can see 3 of the 4 minifigs in that set being very high in value in the coming years (if they aren't re-released in a set in a few years)

Since when was Brainiac Attack retired? It was only released last year. It now says retired product on S@H. I can see 3 of the 4 minifigs in that set being very high in value in the coming years (if they aren't re-released in a set in a few years)

Within the last 24 hrs, I just checked yesterday and it, as well as Darkseid Invasion and either the Joker Streamroller or Black Manta's Sub (or perhaps even both), were retiring soon. Oddly enough, the Penguin Face-Off and Riddler Chase are still available, despite being a year older.

Edited by psqidexslizer248

Sweet! I just need to see pictures to know that I definitely want to get it, and see a price tag, and i'll get saving :D

Price is approx. $160-$200, in the same range as the last two DC Comic Super Heroes D2Cs. (Arkham Asylum Breakout & The Tumbler)