just2good

DC Superheroes 2016 - Rumors and Discussion

Oh so yours are off too? I wasn't sure if I just got a dodgy one!

Yeah I doubt we were the only ones with that problem. Seems like Lego could have improved their printing process enough for that to not be a problem.

Maybe they figured (ha-ha) that it works better with the dark blue. But from this picture I am not even sure it's sand blue.

Currently building the Javelin from the Darkseid set and.... this ship is probably one of the best if not THE best looking Lego Superhero ship i have ever built! It destroys the Quinjet as far

as looks are concerned i think :) Anyone else a fan?

Currently building the Javelin from the Darkseid set and.... this ship is probably one of the best if not THE best looking Lego Superhero ship i have ever built! It destroys the Quinjet as far

I adore the Javelin! It's easily the most swooshable Lego ship I've ever owned!

Yes. Yes it is... the door opening mechanism isn't too shabby either :)

I don't know if this has been pointed out yet but there is a Mighty Micros app. Nothing too cool, it's very obvious that it is targeted towards kids though.

Edited by Rookie875

The Javelin is indeed an awesome ship. That set gets a bad rap for that awful Darkseid hover thing, but everything else in there is great.

I bought the set strictly for the figures. I hated the craft itself until I got bored one day and decided to build it. That went a long way toward changing my opinion. The build was fun and I loved the angles they were able to create in the nose-area. All in all, I liked it a lot more than I did before building it.

That said, it didn't stay built very long. I didn't like it THAT much. But I'm pretty picky in which crafts I decide to keep built. For one, those aren't my main area of interest, and I generally one buy ones that are iconic (to me), like the Millenium Falcon, Benny's Spaceship, and the GOTG Milano. The only other ships I own are the Javelin and the Avenjet. I bought both for the figures and only liked the crafts at all after building them. But they both still got deconstructed and thrown in with the parts.

Actually, I DO want a Quinjet eventually, I just haven't been entirely sold on any one the sets that have one, as I'm not a huge fan of MCU-based figures. I probably would leave that one built :laugh: So I guess, aesthetically-speaking, I prefer the Quinjet, but the Javelin build was still quite sturdy and fun to build and handle, as well as probably being the most swooshable one. I just don't swoosh much. :wink:

The Javelin is indeed an awesome ship. That set gets a bad rap for that awful Darkseid hover thing, but everything else in there is great.

I didn't mind Darkseid's weird hovercraft too much. I thought it looked interested with the bigfig on it. The problem is: I hate bigfigs! And Darkseid's New52 design! I want a Darkseid minifig with a cloth skirt, dagnabit!

The Javelin was awesome, as was the hovercraft, but I didn't like that the hovercraft was made just for that crappy super jumper. It ruined it.

The Javelin was awesome, as was the hovercraft, but I didn't like that the hovercraft was made just for that crappy super jumper. It ruined it.

The super jumper features were the worst. I wound up modifying the sets to get rid of them immediately after building. Braniac's ship having an unclipped-in ray gun was the most egregious. The stupid thing would just fall out whenever you moved the ship!

Went to the store to buy stuff for breakfast.

Left with Cosmic Clash and Gotham City Cycle Chase.

Ha, let us know how they taste, I guess? :laugh:

Went to the store to buy stuff for breakfast.

Left with Cosmic Clash and Gotham City Cycle Chase.

I take it you missed the choking hazard on the box.

Ha, let us know how they taste, I guess? :laugh:

:laugh:

The super jumper features were the worst. I wound up modifying the sets to get rid of them immediately after building. Braniac's ship having an unclipped-in ray gun was the most egregious. The stupid thing would just fall out whenever you moved the ship!

Another one I can't stand is the Batman v Superman smallest set with the rooftop scene. I hate the bat signal being used as a missile, I had to modify that so it wouldn't launch or fall out everytime you moved it.

I modified both Darkseid Invasion and Brainiac Attack to remove the super jumper features. The other five were okay, as their features weren't too annoying, but like PepperoniBricks said, that cannon fell out if you so much as touched it, and Darkseid would just flip back. I did find a temporary fix for it without changing the build, where I put the hands in front of the little panels which had the stickers on, but it was too fiddly.

Love the Javelin, but I still rank the Milano as my number 1 favorite among the super hero ships released thus far.

Almost completely unrelated, but I managed to pick up the Easter fig in London at the LEGO Store. Really like the fig actually. I was there to get Kryptonite Interception, but had second thoughts due to the Batcave.

I'm seeing Walmart's online price for Sky High Battle about $52, so I intend to pick it up very soon. I missed Target's $50 by a slim margin; I was in the very day they bumped up the price.

I'm seeing Walmart's online price for Sky High Battle about $52, so I intend to pick it up very soon. I missed Target's $50 by a slim margin; I was in the very day they bumped up the price.

I'll be picking mine up during the Freeze event next month. £50 on DC stuff here, and luckily the set is £55 here.