darkrebellion

Future Star Wars Sets

If we are getting a Sep. ship, it'llmost certainly be the Munificent-class. Why? The Recusant is way too clumsy and fragile, the Lucrehulk will be hard to make with little space andeasy to break, Invisible hand and the MAlevolence are not featured prominently, whilst the Munificent appears in the CW series a LOT. It's also the easiest stucturally.

I'd have to disagree with your point. The Munificent-class Battleships are seen more but the Malevolence and Invisible Hand are better known. Also, we see the interior of these ships so TLC will be able to make more playability in a set like this. I'd say the Providence-class starship was more structurally-sound than the Munificent as it is just one long ship unlike the other that has 'wings' and an unusual shape. I would't really care if LEGO made any of these ships... I'd buy any!

I'd have to disagree with your point. The Munificent-class Battleships are seen more but the Malevolence and Invisible Hand are better known. Also, we see the interior of these ships so TLC will be able to make more playability in a set like this. I'd say the Providence-class starship was more structurally-sound than the Munificent as it is just one long ship unlike the other that has 'wings' and an unusual shape. I would't really care if LEGO made any of these ships... I'd buy any!

I guess,but we did see glimpses of the interior in Dooku captured. But the InvisibleHand has not been featuredin CW series at all, and if it is going to be made, it has toamek at least one entrance. Heck. I'll just take both. Mine!

I guess,but we did see glimpses of the interior in Dooku captured. But the InvisibleHand has not been featuredin CW series at all, and if it is going to be made, it has toamek at least one entrance. Heck. I'll just take both. Mine!

I'd love the two CIS battleships, though as long as they were scaled the same as the Venator... and I hope the Invisible Hand, or at least any random Providence destroyer appears in the CW series so we get it, though it needs to be at least as big as the MTT.

Relating back to the discussion about a Star Wars themed Medieval Market Village set, I'd like to see an improved LEGO design of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

I think TLG could make a good Mos Eisley scene about the same size as the Market Village. It could have a small door like the Jabba's message set where you could hide the new C-3PO and R2-D2 (Death Star versions) from a stormtrooper on his dewback. Also the cantina could open out to allow play inside and include a couple of booths with chairs and tables and a bar. The bartender of the LEGO Star Wars game could be included as well as a Jawa or a Bith musician. New Han, Luke, Chewie and Ben from the Death Star would be included too as well as any other aliens. Maybe a market stall to go outside.

I think this could be a really good OT set that many fans would like to see. I would estimate the price to be a bit over that of the Market Village as it would hopefully be a bit bigger than it.

Just a thought anyway... :tongue:

Relating back to the discussion about a Star Wars themed Medieval Market Village set, I'd like to see an improved LEGO design of the Mos Eisley Cantina.

I think TLG could make a good Mos Eisley scene about the same size as the Market Village. It could have a small door like the Jabba's message set where you could hide the new C-3PO and R2-D2 (Death Star versions) from a stormtrooper on his dewback. Also the cantina could open out to allow play inside and include a couple of booths with chairs and tables and a bar. The bartender of the LEGO Star Wars game could be included as well as a Jawa or a Bith musician. New Han, Luke, Chewie and Ben from the Death Star would be included too as well as any other aliens. Maybe a market stall to go outside.

I think this could be a really good OT set that many fans would like to see. I would estimate the price to be a bit over that of the Market Village as it would hopefully be a bit bigger than it.

Just a thought anyway... :tongue:

I have an idea based off of yours! Possibly a Jabba's palace, with two Twi Lek slaves, a couple of Bith with black lightsabers for flutes like harry potter wands, and a basement with a Rancor!

Look at my Jabba Palace idea I posted a while ago :thumbup: :

Jabba Palace : $299.99 - The Return of the Jedi

Now, at this price point I think the TLC can release an amazing version of the Jabba Palace :wub: . It could include the main gate (Big one and with a detailed frame), the Throne Room with all the details some one can ask (Torches, greebling, secret trap floor, Jabba´s Throne, the thing with the amphibian Jabba´s food...), a small trophie room with Han Solo in carbonite (With this room I want a function like the one in the Darth Vader´s Transfomation set but this one with the carbonite Han in one side and the normal Han in the other ), the Max Rebo band place (With this I mean a kind of special brick with shape of a normal plate but with a small piece the plays one or two songs of the Max Rebo Band in the palace :wub: ), the small droid junkyard with a little crane and the final but not less important Rancor´s pit (We really need one with a few rock shaped brick walls, small fence door and main metal door. We also need a brick-built Rancor).

Minifigs: Leia in bounty hunter disguise, Jabba the Hutt, Luke Skywalker (Jedi clothes), 2 gamorrean guards, Rancor´s Keeper, Oola dancer, Max Rebo, the long lips female alien (Singer of the Rebo band), Lando in guard disguise, Han Solo, Chewebacca, Salacious, Bib Fortune, C-3PO, R2-D2 and the droid of the droid junkyard, Boba Fett (With brick-built jetpack).

Extras: A lightsaber, 4 blaster, band´s instruments, 2 or 3 axes, some boxes, an eskeleton for the Rancor´s pit, some spare bones, one of those tool rings.

I think about it think it to be somewhat similar to the 10188 Death Star playset of this year.

Personally i'd like to see a lot more sets based on the EU, especially as we're nearing the end of the license; i think LEGO should try to cover as much of the Star Wars universe as possible before 2011.

Maybe an Ebon Hawk in the same vein as the 4504 Milenium Falcon and a Sith Interceptor from the KOTOR era?

Especially seeing as how there's the KOTOR MMORPG on the horizon (what an acronym, eh? :tongue: )

I think it would be nice if they filled in some of the major gaps in the minifig back-catalogue; a new Padme would be nice for starters.

:classic:

Now this is a thread I like.

Seeing as Clone Wars is all the rage, I would like to see a rerelease of the ARC-170 ('cause the 2005 v wasn't all that great) and the Tri-fighter, as well as another General Grievous's fighter ('cause neither the ship nor the minifig is very appealing). Padme's yacht (in grey) is another possibility.

One thing I've noticed is that everyone is focusing on major characters (Anakin, Obi, etc.) rather than the more generic yet wanted minifigs (BDs, pilots, etc.) It's not as likely that LEGO would release sets with major characters because nobody wants an army of Qui-Gons and Lukes battling armies of Count Dooku and Jar Jar Binks.

For OT sets, following my previous statement, I want one more snowspeeder and X-wing, please without Lukes, because that would sell more. Also the Outrider, because if LEGO can release a TIE crawler or the Rogue Shadow, they might as well release an EU ship that's a little more known, because it would sell better. A UCS Nebulon-B Frigate or Dreadnaught (it could happen) would also make my day.

Now this is a thread I like.

Seeing as Clone Wars is all the rage, I would like to see a rerelease of the ARC-170 ('cause the 2005 v wasn't all that great) and the Tri-fighter, as well as another General Grievous's fighter ('cause neither the ship nor the minifig is very appealing). Padme's yacht (in grey) is another possibility.

One thing I've noticed is that everyone is focusing on major characters (Anakin, Obi, etc.) rather than the more generic yet wanted minifigs (BDs, pilots, etc.) It's not as likely that LEGO would release sets with major characters because nobody wants an army of Qui-Gons and Lukes battling armies of Count Dooku and Jar Jar Binks.

For OT sets, following my previous statement, I want one more snowspeeder and X-wing, please without Lukes, because that would sell more. Also the Outrider, because if LEGO can release a TIE crawler or the Rogue Shadow, they might as well release an EU ship that's a little more known, because it would sell better. A UCS Nebulon-B Frigate or Dreadnaught (it could happen) would also make my day.

I agree with you on the main character deal, but are you kidding me with the ARC-170, Greivous's fighter and the Tri-Fighter? I think there was absolutely nothing wrong with the ARC-170! It was a great set, and the Tri-Fighter was amazing, with enough pieces and stickers and colors to use on other CIS MOCs. And what's wrong with Grievous's fighter? It's as close as it can be, and I don't think anyone really hates the minifig!

Though Padme's yacht would be nice. With Padme, and a ship full of features. Though C3-PO and Jar Jar aren't necessary. (Unless that'd be the only CW set with Jar Jar.)

I agree with you on the main character deal, but are you kidding me with the ARC-170, Greivous's fighter and the Tri-Fighter? I think there was absolutely nothing wrong with the ARC-170! It was a great set, and the Tri-Fighter was amazing, with enough pieces and stickers and colors to use on other CIS MOCs. And what's wrong with Grievous's fighter? It's as close as it can be, and I don't think anyone really hates the minifig!

Though Padme's yacht would be nice. With Padme, and a ship full of features. Though C3-PO and Jar Jar aren't necessary. (Unless that'd be the only CW set with Jar Jar.)

I agree. Those ships do not need to be redesigned, in my opinion.

I'd like a Padmé's Yacht set too with a new Padmé, Death Star-style C-3PO and Clone Wars Jar Jar.

I agree. Those ships do not need to be redesigned, in my opinion.

I'd like a Padmé's Yacht set too with a new Padmé, Death Star-style C-3PO and Clone Wars Jar Jar.

Definitely, that'd be the prefect set, and for an unnecessary addition, a crab droid, like the one from Bombad Jedi!

I'd like to have an Invisble Hand set with a new Grievous, battle droids, maybe a vulture droid and an escape pod. I'd immediatly buy an Invisible Hand set if LEGO make one.

I'd like to have an Invisble Hand set with a new Grievous, battle droids, maybe a vulture droid and an escape pod. I'd immediatly buy an Invisible Hand set if LEGO make one.

The way everything is now, it'd be mid-scale. Maybe a $100 USD, puny, and just enough room for Greivous and like... 5 BD's. It'd probably have an escape pod, but no Vulture.

I concur and I like the idea of a vulture droid to accompany it. I hope, if there is one to be released, it will include the vulture droid from the Ahsoka's Starfighter set. I like this design and hope it's the final design TLC will create as there have been so many different variations.

It should include Grievous, different types of B1 and B2 battle droids and maybe Anakin, Obi-Wan, Dooku and Palpatine if it is based on episode 3. Maybe a MagnaGuard too!

Edited by ADHO15

RTT from CWs video game with 4 clones a speeder in the back and 2 pilot clones $ 90.00

Battle of theed with a flash speeder a gain speeder, a AAT, the gueen of naboo, 4 naboo guards, obi wan, qui gon, anakin and 6 security droids. $100.00

Republic AT-XT walker with 2 clone pilots and a clone gunner and kit fisto. $ 70.00

Arc 170 fighter with clone wars pattern shark mouth, 2 arc pilots and an arc trooper $50.00

Arc gunship with captin fordo, arc gunner an arc speeder, 3 arc troopers, Kai adi mundi, and general grevous. $120.00

Seperatists Ground assult tank 1 droid pilot and 2 heavy super battle droids $45.00

Mortar Tank with 2 pilot droids and 2 super battle droids $70.00

Geonosian starfighter with 3 geanosians $40.00

Edited by CommanderBly 128

1. New TIE fighter collection in grey/black includes two standard TIEs, 1 TIE Bomber, one TIE Intercepter

2. New Epsiode II Bounty Hunter chase with flesh, Ani, Obi, Jengo Fett and, and Zam

3. Padme/ Queen Amidala with any of her three Chrome/ Grey ships Includes Naboo Security Personal,

4. R5-D4 with new head mold

5. Updated Cloud car with flesh Lobot and New Cloud city Luke, Leigh, and Lando

6. New Gungan Sub with Jar Jar, Obi, and Qui Gon

7. Updated Cantina with landspeeder

8. Podracers with Ani, Selboba (sp?)and two other pods include Wato, Qui gon, Padma (episode I ) R2, Threepio, and Jar Jar

I am new to posting to the forum and have been collecting Star Wars Lego since 1999. Easily the best forum out there and allosws me to keep current.

Does anyone know where i can buy the new Darth Vader Tie Fighter # 8017 around Frankfurt, Germany?

1. New TIE fighter collection in grey/black includes two standard TIEs, 1 TIE Bomber, one TIE Intercepter

2. New Epsiode II Bounty Hunter chase with flesh, Ani, Obi, Jengo Fett and, and Zam

3. Padme/ Queen Amidala with any of her three Chrome/ Grey ships Includes Naboo Security Personal,

4. R5-D4 with new head mold

5. Updated Cloud car with flesh Lobot and New Cloud city Luke, Leigh, and Lando

6. New Gungan Sub with Jar Jar, Obi, and Qui Gon

7. Updated Cantina with landspeeder

8. Podracers with Ani, Selboba (sp?)and two other pods include Wato, Qui gon, Padma (episode I ) R2, Threepio, and Jar Jar

I am new to posting to the forum and have been collecting Star Wars Lego since 1999. Easily the best forum out there and allosws me to keep current.

There are some good ideas here. There seems like a lot of figs for no. 5 and it may be better to include some Cloud City rooms. On no. 6, a Boss Nass could be included. Other than that list is great but the PT ones are unlikely to be seen anytime soon as TLG is focused on CW and OT this year. Maybe next... :sweet:

If you watch Revenge of the Sith as well as the original Clone Wars cartoons you'll see that the actual ARC-170 is much stubbier looking. But even without reference shots there are several holes in the ship (namely between the wings and around the cockpits) which are very annoying. Personally I think click hinges would have worked much better for the S-foils in this case.

Actually I like the Tri-fighter, it's as accurate as LEGO can get, but Grievous's fighter... it's just too narrow, even for LEGO. You can see in the scene from when Obi-Wan takes off with the fighter to when he lands it in the Tantive IV that the fighter is very wide (even though I admit LEGO's version looks better than the real one).

The Grievous minifig himself doesn't quite do him justice. The lack of printing on the head is what really gets me. It reminds me of Yoda from the Dagobah X-wing set; no printing.

And by the way, Dr. Lego, I want podracers too. LEGO really did a great job on Ani's, Sebulba's, and Aldar's pods in the past, and I honestly think releasing the rest of the Boonta Eve lineup would be a good idea. (In pairs of course; a pod is nothing without another pod to race with).

Another set I would love to see is the Emperor's Theta-class T-2c shuttle with or with out the emperor I would love this set.

Edited by Naith

I would really like to see kit fisto's delta class star fighter. It would be 20 dollars, and an easy kit fisto.

I would really like to see kit fisto's delta class star fighter. It would be 20 dollars, and an easy kit fisto.

But you know TLG would overprice it at $39.99 and slap a Limited Edition label on the box... :sadnew:

But you know TLG would overprice it at $39.99 and slap a Limited Edition label on the box... :sadnew:

Maybe. they also would throw in some stupid fueling station, or something dumb or useless like that.

I live in Upstate NY and have been hunting the 2009 sets to no avail lately. The strange thing is that every store I go to--and I mean *EVERY* store I go to--has a humongous overstock of the V-19 Torrent Starfighter! My local Toys R Us has (and I'm not exaggerating) somewhere between 65 and 75 Torrents on the shelves. It takes up 1/3 of one aisle of Legos, and is the ONLY Star Wars set they have available! Wal-Marts have dozens at 25% off they can't get rid of, Targets have tons at full price sitting in empty aisles waiting for 2009 product... this thing is just EVERYWHERE!

What's the story with the Torrent? Is this ship just incredibly unpopular with children? Do collectors hate it? Does the set suck?

What exactly makes a set become such a dust-collector, and is this unusual for the Star Wars theme?