TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Can you pm me pics of the black archive or tell how to find it

Go to 40:15 of this video (not mine)... Glad to help!

After getting to UNIT, play around with the stuff inside until you can get to the Black Archives

Edited by legozebra

You can update the vehicles and gadgets by using the associated characters: place the character on the toypad, and go to Vorton.

Then, move the ingame character on the portal platform (either on the middle circle or one of the Ls), and press the show key (Circle on Playstation) to access the Vorton Gateway menu.

From there, you can access the Upgrade menu (second item from left). You will have the option to upgrade your character's vehicle/gadget by spending the studs you aquired through the game.

Once you spend 10 upgrades for a form of the vehicle (or 6 for a gadget with limited updates), you can upgrade it to the next form, by spending studs AND a few gold bricks. You will access the build instructions for this new piece.

When you're happy with your upgrade, don't forget to save the new features on the toy tag (follow the instructions displayed top left of the screen for which button to press).

AH HA!!! Thanks for the more in-depth info. I didn't know I needed to upgrade 10 times first...or that I could move the selector over and it would tell me exactly that. Dur, I feel dumb :blush:

On a speculative note, has anyone noticed, in the opening sequence shortly before Lord Vortech shows up, the bricks form a "42" facing away from the camera. The only real pop culture relevance for that number that I'm aware of is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If this has been discussed before, I missed it, but if not...thoughts?

Well, there is an episode of Doctor Who called 42, where there is 42 minutes until a spaceship crashes into the sun

On a speculative note, has anyone noticed, in the opening sequence shortly before Lord Vortech shows up, the bricks form a "42" facing away from the camera. The only real pop culture relevance for that number that I'm aware of is the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. If this has been discussed before, I missed it, but if not...thoughts?

That was what I assumed it to be a reference to...

The LEGO Dimensions twitter account answered quite quickly and efficiently. They told me to uninstall completely the patch and redownload it from scratch. It worked :)

If you are using PS3 and don't want to have to download the 3GB update twice, I would recommend that you first remove the previous patches from your system and then launch the new patch download.

(Removing just the patch data does not affect your saved game)

Thank you for your answer. I own the game on WiiU, which seemingly downloads updates automatically, but someone else on another forum was having trouble with this patch. I hope you don't mind that I quoted this post elsewhere besides this site. :wink:

No problem, feel free to share the answer anywhere you want. I don't get why TLG does not publish the solution publicly, they only helped me through direct messages on Twitter.

Well, there is an episode of Doctor Who called 42, where there is 42 minutes until a spaceship crashes into the sun

Fair enough. Though I've seen a few seasons and enjoyed them well enough, I'm not a Whovian, so that's new to me, but I can't imagine that the number "42" has nearly the significance to the DW mythos as it does to the HGttG mythos. I could be wrong, though. That being said, with the number of reported DW references in the game, it seems more plausible that it's a DW reference than a hint to any HGttG inclusions, especially considering that HGttG lacks any sort of iconic visual representation and is hardly on anyone's radar. I love the books though, and I do think Douglas Adams' brand of humor would fit right in with the zaniness of Dimensions.

On a semi-related note, I really hope we get some Flintstones and Jetsons packs in the future. Though delightful on their own, it would be kind of a shame if they limited their inclusion to the in-level easter eggs. C'mon, yabba-dabba-do it, LEGO.

No problem, feel free to share the answer anywhere you want. I don't get why TLG does not publish the solution publicly, they only helped me through direct messages on Twitter.

Thank you. I quoted you here:

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-DIMENSIONS/Nothing-But-Starter-Pack-Loads/m-p/13295543/highlight/true#M2884

It appalls me that LEGO has stated absolutely nothing official about the game on their own Message Boards, aside from Moderators answering a few basic questions. Whereas @LEGODimensions seems quite swift to respond on Twitter, questions on the Message Boards are left unanswered unless experienced users are at hand. I end up having to answer quite a few issues myself, along with a few trusty players who have played all the way through the game.

You'd think that LEGO would consider helping the kids whose parents won't let them on social media...

Go to 40:15 of this video (not mine)... Glad to help!

After getting to UNIT, play around with the stuff inside until you can get to the Black Archives

The Brigadier portrait on the wall makes me hopeful we'll get a Brigadier NFC minifigure at some point.

Also: from what I've watched (because I don't have the game yet), it looks like the Doctor Who level pack well and truly proves the show is perfect for the LEGO treatment. I've been saying all along that Doctor Who and LEGO makes so much sense and when you see the two things merge, it just fits. The actors fit seamlessly with what you expect from LEGO voice actors, the quirky nature fits in seamlessly with LEGO's brand of humour, Missy seems like she's always been there in LEGO form....

I don't think there's any other franchise that fits LEGO more than Doctor Who does.

Thank you. I quoted you here:

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-DIMENSIONS/Nothing-But-Starter-Pack-Loads/m-p/13295543/highlight/true#M2884

It appalls me that LEGO has stated absolutely nothing official about the game on their own Message Boards, aside from Moderators answering a few basic questions. Whereas @LEGODimensions seems quite swift to respond on Twitter, questions on the Message Boards are left unanswered unless experienced users are at hand. I end up having to answer quite a few issues myself, along with a few trusty players who have played all the way through the game.

You'd think that LEGO would consider helping the kids whose parents won't let them on social media...

There is a noticeable lack of official information on how to resolve problems, but we all seem to be muddling through. I've had a few issues with crashes and dodgy toy tags and Twitter has been the only place to go for solutions. The DW crash issue is a case in point, why they didn't put the 'turn off red bricks' advice on the in game bulletin board or official LD webpage is a mystery.

It's a big game on multiple platforms and has had lots of niggles, and they should really have anticipated this and provided an official 'FAQ and Advice' service.

Still a great game though!!

i don't know what your'e talking about. I just got the patch, and the game (ps3) is working just fine... :sceptic:

Yeah, they have fixed a couple of noticeable issues. I played through the DW level with the RAD brick left on with no crash! Yay.

Unrelated...I'm really looking forward to the next two level packs, but they seem a mighty long way off! I'm already holding back on doing stuff in DW & Scooby Adventure World's and a couple of levels, so that I've got something to do over the Xmas hols!

Couple of questions: in a few levels, I've seen objects that look breakable, but so far I've been unable. For example, in the Jurassic World adventure world, when clearing a path for the two kids' gyros, there are a couple of trees that block the path, and I can't break 'em. No idea.

Also, on the Simpsons main story level, once you get to the power plant, if you go left (requires flight), there's a...container or cabinet of sorts that I also can't open. I'm pretty sure I used super strength on both, to no avail.

Thanks!

Edited by rob-ot5000

Couple of questions: in a few levels, I've seen objects that look breakable, but so far I've been unable. For example, in the Jurassic World adventure world, when clearing a path for the two kids' gyros, there are a couple of trees that block the path, and I can't break 'em. No idea.

I could break the trees after I destroyed all the scrub closer to the characters. Can't help with The Simpsons question. In general, I've found that game-specific forums such as gamefaqs.com answer in-game questions much better than any LEGO forum, so you might try there in the future.

Edited by sgeureka

I could break the trees after I destroyed all the scrub closer to the characters. Can't help with The Simpsons question. In general, I've found that game-specific forums such as gamefaqs.com answer in-game questions much better than any LEGO forum, so you might try there in the future.

Aye, I've tried a few video game specific sites, but I'm not enough of a gamer to want to join any forums. I have been searching though, I just figured someone here may know, and I'm already a member :) Thanks anyway, I'll check for scrub next time I play.

Also, on the Simpsons main story level, once you get to the power plant, if you go left (requires flight), there's a...container or cabinet of sorts that I also can't open. I'm pretty sure I used super strength on both, to no avail.

Thanks!

I think the container you are talking about in the Simpsons level requires X-ray vision, if it's the one I'm thinking of, a picture of it would help me be sure :)

Been playing Lego Dimensions 2 player and have experienced three level status-wiping crashes in the course of two days, and characters spawning in random places when you put them on the board. (I.e. In the BTTF 3 Wild West level, all the characters I put in after Vortech tosses the players up above the ground floor spawn on the ground floor next to the Nindroid Mechdragon that they can walk through...)

Edited by legozebra

New franchises (my idea):

Star Wars

Angry Birds

Harry Potter

Indiana Jones

Big Band Theory

Anne of Green Gables

Winnetou

Fablehaven

Eragon

LEGO Dimensions (exclusive characters such as Lord Vortech)

Historical figures

Returning franchises:

DC Comics

The Simpsons

Wizard of the Oz

In terms of new franchises, I'd like to see:

Harry Potter

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

Les Miserables (Yes, I know it's never going to happen)

The Flintstones

Super Mario

Agents of SHIELD

Humans (Again, I know it's never going to happen)

Shaun of the Dead (See Humans)

Wallace & Gromit

Returning franchises:

Doctor Who

Simpsons

Jurassic World

Ghostbusters

I would also add Back to the Future to that list but I don't think there's enough mileage in it once you get past Doc Brown. I can't see Biff Tannen or Lorraine fun packs selling well.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

In terms of new franchises, i'd like to see

Marvel Super Heroes

Star Wars

LOL, but honestly i'd like to see some CN stuff in there like Samurai Jack and Ben 10 (original, AF, or UA)

Especially a Samurai Jack, with new seasons coming and everything.

Star Wars and anything Marvel will never happen, both universes are exclusive to Disney Infinity.

Mario and anything Nintendo is right out as well.

Big Bang Theory may not be the right fit for Dimensions

Most of the others are too niche to be viable or are owned by companies LEGO has no relationship with

The ones I could actually see happening are:

Harry Potter (makes a lot of sense for various reasons)

Flintstones (maybe just a pack with Fred and the car)

LEGO dimensions specific figures

Historical stuff (ala LEGO Movie)

Star Wars and anything Marvel will never happen, both universes are exclusive to Disney Infinity.

I was joking about the Marvel and Star Wars, unless Infinity ends before LD does.

But why no Nintendo??

How about a Cartoon Network team pack with Ben 10 and Generator Rex? Or did you shoot down the Jack idea because the new series is Adult Swim now??

Nintendo has amiibo, its own toys-to-life integration system across several games, and another building toy, K'Nex, has the Super Mario license.

Big Bang Theory may not be the right fit for Dimensions

Most of the others are too niche to be viable or are owned by companies LEGO has no relationship with

The ones I could actually see happening are:

Harry Potter (makes a lot of sense for various reasons)

Flintstones (maybe just a pack with Fred and the car)

LEGO dimensions specific figures

Historical stuff (ala LEGO Movie)

Whilst I don't think Star Wars and most Marvel stuff won't happen, I don't see why Agents of SHIELD couldn't. Disney likely wouldn't want to include the show in Infinity anyway because it's not as high profile as Iron Man, Spider-Man, Thor...

As for Nintendo, I wouldn't be that surprised to be honest. I think it would suit the tone of the LEGO games well and I've never got the impression that Amiibos are in direct competition with other toys-to-life games considering Skylanders Superchargers features Nintendo characters. As for another building blocks company having the Mario rights, they could always lose the license.