TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Get Cragger. You'll need him for the underwater chi spots.

Everyone got Cragger. Anyone can tell he's the most useful of the three.

However, it's even worse for Ninjago. All the ninja look like... Well, ninja. So the only ones you can really distinguish are Zane (armor + visor), Nya (samurai outfit), and Lloyd (gold gi).

So obviously people will go for those three, and apparently a lot of people chose Nya. However the most useful character of the three, is actually Zane. But you'd need to go to the website to know that.

And since people are blind with the Ninjago franchise, they just chose the most unique looking one, fingers crossed that the one with the most unique appearance would also be the most unique of the characters in this particular franchise... (huff)

... And that's when you see that someone with a Zane figure bought Gollum to use for underwater boomerang switches.

They represent good franchises and put so many details into the Adventure Worlds and levels, etc. Except for Ninjago... There's only Master Chen's Island. And nobody's voiced by their original voice actor/actress.

Yeah. The level itself isn't even show accurate. I felt like even the makers of the game weren't familiar with it... Otherwise they'd make the level somewhat similar to the show besides than the area's appearance. Even the world isn't accurate.

The lava area is obviously supposed to represent the temple of fire, yet it looks nothing like that. The scrap yard looks nothing like the show, and so does the arena in the world. I'm surprised the monastery is the only thing they got right there.

Edited by gamejutzu

Six months is crazy. Why can't they have at least one more wave before September? They've got plenty of franchises. Let's see a Missy fun pack, Ian Malcolm level pack featuring new voiceover work from Jeff Goldblum and a Gozer fun pack.

More Doctor Who AND Jeff Goldblum? I like the way you think!

Personally though, I'd rather see Jack Harkness or River Song, or maybe even one of the companions. It'd be really nice to get a figure for one of the companions that can just turn into any of them like the Doctor can, so you can always match them up.

Everyone got Cragger. Anyone can tell he's the most useful of the three.

However, it's even worse for Ninjago. All the ninja look like... Well, ninja. So the only ones you can really distinguish are Zane (armor + visor), Nya (samurai outfit), and Lloyd (gold gi).

So obviously people will go for those three, and apparently a lot of people chose Nya. However the most useful character of the three, is actually Zane. But you'd need to go to the website to know that.

And since people are blind with the Ninjago franchise, they just chose the most unique looking one, fingers crossed that the one with the most unique appearance would also be the most unique of the characters in this particular franchise... (huff)

... And that's when you see that someone with a Zane figure bought Gollum to use for underwater boomerang switches.

Regardless how people who are not Lego fans who view Ninjago as obscure I on the other hand have played as Jay and Zane a lot in my time playing Lego Dimensions and even went to the Adventure World they have even if it's inaccurate to the show. Why? Because I'm a fan of the show and I'm showing my support for the franchise. I think the only Ninjago character that I play the least out of the three Ninjago characters I have is Nya and I don't even use her Samurai Mech most of the time.

More Doctor Who AND Jeff Goldblum? I like the way you think!

Personally though, I'd rather see Jack Harkness or River Song, or maybe even one of the companions. It'd be really nice to get a figure for one of the companions that can just turn into any of them like the Doctor can, so you can always match them up.

I'd like Jack too but I'd prioritise Missy/the Master over Captain Jack because s/he is a more important character and the main one that really needs to be playable IMO.

Regardless how people who are not Lego fans who view Ninjago as obscure I on the other hand have played as Jay and Zane a lot in my time playing Lego Dimensions and even went to the Adventure World they have even if it's inaccurate to the show. Why? Because I'm a fan of the show and I'm showing my support for the franchise. I think the only Ninjago character that I play the least out of the three Ninjago characters I have is Nya and I don't even use her Samurai Mech most of the time.

I brought up how the world was inaccurate to the show to support the claim that it wasn't receiving as fair treatment as the other franchises. There's no Skybound territory over Ninjago, and there's no Underworld realm below it, add that to how the stuff that is there is inaccurate while other franchise's worlds aren't. For other themes there is stuff either over or under the world, even if what is there isn't accurate.

And everyone who wants to 100% the stuff they currently have obviously need to go to Ninjago's adventure world. The thing is, they won't know what they're seeing and they probably wouldn't care if it was accurate or not. They probably also think the character's voices are annoying, turning them away from the show, ultimately leading to un-knowledge.

Ninjago's one the most obscure of all the franchises. People use other characters for tasks that a Ninjago character could have done (using Gollum for underwater switches instead of Zane, or buying a magnet red brick when they have a Ninjago character), so it's really sad to see,

Edited by gamejutzu

I brought up how the world was inaccurate to the show to support the claim that it wasn't receiving as fair treatment as the other franchises. There's no Skybound territory over Ninjago, and there's no Underworld realm below it, add that to how the stuff that is there is inaccurate while other franchise's worlds aren't. For other themes there is stuff either over or under the world, even if what is there isn't accurate.

And everyone who wants to 100% the stuff they currently have obviously need to go to Ninjago's adventure world. The thing is, they won't know what they're seeing and they probably wouldn't care if it was accurate or not. They probably also think the character's voices are annoying, turning them away from the show, ultimately leading to un-knowledge.

Ninjago's one the most obscure of all the franchises. People use other characters for tasks that a Ninjago character could have done (using Gollum for underwater switches instead of Zane, or buying a magnet red brick when they have a Ninjago character), so it's really sad to see,

Do people really think it's obscure as a franchise? Or is it just because they've never heard of the show and just think that Ninjago is a theme that kids will buy?

The big reason Ninjago sucks is because its a non licensed theme so TT games doesn't want it suceed because there a Warner Bros company and that means they get a smaller share of profit if Ninjago suceeds. This is also why games such as LEGO City undercover, Ninjago: Nindroids and so many more are consle exculsive.

Edited by jhuyser

The big reason Ninjago sucks is because its a non licensed theme so TT games doesn't want it suceed because there a Warner Bros company and that means they get a smaller share of profit if Ninjago suceeds. This is also why games such as LEGO City undercover, Ninjago: Nindroids and so many more are consle exculsive.

That... is a bogus argument. Businesses don't make things that suck on purpose. It just doesn't happen. In the case of Lego Dimensions, it's true that licensed franchises seem to have gotten a lot more attention, but that's not because TT Games wants Ninjago or Chima to fail, but rather because those licensed franchises have a much better chance of ensuring more sales by widening the customer base beyond just "Lego fans". I can't tell you how many stories I've read about people who have gotten Lego Dimensions specifically because it includes Ghostbusters, or Portal, or Doctor Who, whereas I'd reckon that a large portion of Ninjago and Chima fans are also fans of other Lego themes and might have gotten Lego Dimensions even if those two themes hadn't been included.

As for console exclusives, I expect that TT Games does them not because they want them to fail (which would be beyond stupid) but because the sales of the licensed games are much more reliable (again, because they appeal to both Lego fans AND fans of the license even when those groups don't overlap). Surefire hits like the licensed games get bigger budgets and more support from retailers and publishers by default, while with riskier games like Lego City Undercover focusing on one specific system both helps them to make the most of their budget (by only having to develop for one system as opposed to five or more), and ensures greater support from the publisher in question (usually Nintendo). On that note, it's also worth pointing out that Nintendo systems (especially handhelds) have a userbase that overlaps much more with Lego's target audience of kids, which makes a big difference when TT Games can't rely on adult Star Wars fans or Indiana Jones fans or Jurassic Park fans to make up the difference.

TL;DR: TT Games doesn't want ANY of their games to "fail". But as with Lego in general, some themes are more successful than others, and the budget for those themes is usually adjusted based on that demand. Console exclusivity deals and less expensive handheld games are a matter of TT Games trying to do the very best with the budget and time they've been allotted for the games in question.

Edited by Lyichir

The only knowledge I have about Ninjago and Chima is from LEGO Dimensions - which I suppose means I don't know very much. However, both of those Adventure Worlds were fantastic to me. Chima was beautifully designed with areas for each of the different animal tribes (including the sunken areas). Was really a lot of fun to explore. As was Ninjago. Greatly enjoyed both worlds in the game.

Okay I need some help on a particular quest for Wheatley in the Portal Adventure World. It's in Test Chamber 3 and it's the one where you have to get the Frankenturrets onto the buttons. I know you have to use an aerial faith plate to get two of them up there but what do I do with the last one?

The ''local'' knowledge :grin: (my username) I have about Ninjago is big. I like the show and the Adventure World, even though it isn't accurate. However I'm not that into Chima (it's my least favourite theme in Dimensions) but I really like the Adventure World, it is really interesting. The thing which I don't understand is why Sensei Wu was in Chen's Tournament of Elements, while he clearly wasn't with the Ninja's as that was Garmadon. He is in the Adventure World I know, but it's just weird. Does anybody have an idea why he was there?

The ''local'' knowledge :grin: (my username) I have about Ninjago is big. I like the show and the Adventure World, even though it isn't accurate. However I'm not that into Chima (it's my least favourite theme in Dimensions) but I really like the Adventure World, it is really interesting. The thing which I don't understand is why Sensei Wu was in Chen's Tournament of Elements, while he clearly wasn't with the Ninja's as that was Garmadon. He is in the Adventure World I know, but it's just weird. Does anybody have an idea why he was there?

Other factual inaccuracies is that Lloyd is in his golden outfit in the ToE scene, Jacob Pevsner never fought in the circular, large arena, Acacondrai cultists never participated in the Tournament, and a host of other noteworthy errors... I would think that the game designers didn't spend nearly as much time on this as they did on, say, the Doctor Who world, where they mentioned they watched most of the episodes and tried to add a bunch of references... It's a tad disappointing, but understandable given what was worked out above with the licensed stuff getting more attention...

Do people really think it's obscure as a franchise? Or is it just because they've never heard of the show and just think that Ninjago is a theme that kids will buy?

Well, I guess. They think it's like that, because it's non-licensed in the first place (not much major publicity). As well as it not having as much nostalgia as Back To The Future, or as iconic as The LEGO Movie. Add that with people's own opinions of the theme, and you've got an obscure franchise.

Because of people's opinions, there's un-knowledge on what it actually is. And many a time, non-interest to find out as well.

Edited by gamejutzu

Well, I guess. They think it's like that, because it's non-licensed in the first place (not much major publicity). As well as it not having as much nostalgia as Back To The Future, or as iconic as The LEGO Movie. Add that with people's own opinions of the theme, and you've got an obscure franchise.

Because of people's opinions, there's un-knowledge on what it actually is. And many a time, non-interest to find out as well.

Still it could've been worse though, we might've had Jack Stone in Lego Dimensions. Bleh! God the things I come up with sometimes...

So yesterday i kinda "tricked" the game by not using the prescribed character for a gold brick. Either that or the game was indeed designed like this? In the Oz hub world, in Emerald City there's a gold brick that needs you to use stealth while simultaneously repairing a broken object inside a cell. So the question mark brick says you need Cole (or was it Zane?) as he's the ONLY character who can do both at the same time! Well, i just took Doc Brown and sat him in Benny's Spaceship, flew him OVER the laser cameras so they wouldn't even activate. Went inside the cell and did the repair ;P. Couldn't believe it actually worked!

Are there more instances like this where you can kinda bypass the required minifigs? Still not sure if the game intended for me to be able to do this, as that would be pretty cool to be able to use your brain once in a while instead of just having to buy the fig and get the job done!

Edited by Darth Wayne

In the main Midway level there is a minikit that requires Venkman, but you can just fly over the wall and get it.

Other factual inaccuracies is that Lloyd is in his golden outfit in the ToE scene, Jacob Pevsner never fought in the circular, large arena, Acacondrai cultists never participated in the Tournament, and a host of other noteworthy errors... I would think that the game designers didn't spend nearly as much time on this as they did on, say, the Doctor Who world, where they mentioned they watched most of the episodes and tried to add a bunch of references... It's a tad disappointing, but understandable given what was worked out above with the licensed stuff getting more attention...

It's possible that with the licensed themes they had to be extra careful with accuracy to the source material since they're dealing with other companies' properties, and under the license agreement they are expected to handle them somewhat delicately. Whereas LEGO Ninjago may have a "canon", but outside of the TV series and some books, LEGO (who owns the property) is not too picky about adherence to that canon.

There are also things that just make more sense to change just to streamline the story and gameplay. It would have been both confusing for the player and a lot of extra work to move to a different Tournament of Elements arena for every individual fight. Staying in the same "level" and having you build, use, and destroy different objects as you move from one fight to another is arguably more in the spirit of a LEGO game. And having the whole Tournament of Elements sequence be all boss battles without any generic opponents would have both been strange level design and meant fewer opportunities to regain hearts. Since we're dealing with a hypothetical alternate-universe Tournament of Elements that included such characters as Gandalf, Wyldstyle, and Batman, it's not outrageous to have things transpire differently than in the show.

Though I believe that Anacondrai cultists DID participate in one match in the show: the one between Jay and Cole which Chen thought needed "less talking, more fighting". They would have been piloting the Anacondrai Crushers.

Are there more instances like this where you can kinda bypass the required minifigs? Still not sure if the game intended for me to be able to do this, as that would be pretty cool to be able to use your brain once in a while instead of just having to buy the fig and get the job done!

I got that one by having Doc Brown eat the ghost Scooby-Snack. :tongue:

I got that one by having Doc Brown eat the ghost Scooby-Snack. :tongue:

Explain pls.

Is that an upgrade of the Scooby Snack? And what does it do? Make you go into Stealth mode?

Explain pls.

Is that an upgrade of the Scooby Snack? And what does it do? Make you go into Stealth mode?

Yeah, it's the third rebuild of the Scooby Snack. Eating it turns you into a ghost (stealth) for 60 seconds. I had Doc Brown (fix-it ability) eat it so he had stealth, then fixed the terminal in the Oz world for the gold brick.

having the whole Tournament of Elements sequence be all boss battles without any generic opponents would have both been strange level design and meant fewer opportunities to regain hearts.

But... That would have been amazing...

Besides, Lego games are too easy. People need to get gud and actually think to win, rather than break to win.

Just was going through the files and found a folder that might be of interest.

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\AMPSUIT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BACKPACK_AMPSUITGAUGE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BALROGRIDDLERCANE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BALROGWHIP"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BART_SLINGSHOT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BATARANG"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BLUESPOILERBOOK"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BOOK"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BOW"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\BROOMSTICK"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\CARGOCRANE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\CAULDRON"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\CHAIN"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\CHIMALIONTHRONE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\CYBERCONTROLLER"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DALEK"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DALEK_EMPEROR"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DALEKEMPEROR_ATT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DAVROS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DAVROSBASE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DEFENDERALIENS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DEFENDERBAITER"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DEFENDERSHIP"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DRWHO4YOYO"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DRWHO6_UMBRELLA"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DRWHO7_UMBRELLA"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DRWHO8SCARF"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\DRWHO2500YEARDIARY"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\EXPO"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\FRANKENTURRET"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\GLADOS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_BIFFSFORD"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_BTTFSTAGE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_BUCKINGDINO"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_CHINESEDRAGON"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_FRUITCANNONCROC"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_FRUITCANNONLION"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_GHOSTKNIGHT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_GLADOS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_GLADOSPOTATO"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_HOTAIRBALLOON"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_JOKERCANNON"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_KANGANDKODOSCANNON"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_LARDLAD"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_LIGHTGUNCABINETMINIKIT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_PORTALMINIKIT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_PORTALMINKIT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\HUB_UNIKITTYDANCEFLOOR"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ITEMS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\JAYS_NUNCHUCKS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\JOKERROBOT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\JOKERROBOT_ARML"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\KRUSTYBUCKET"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\LASSO"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\LEGO_BOOKLET"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\LEXBOTGOON"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\MAILBOX"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\METALBEARD"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\MICROMANAGER"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\MICROMANAGERFLYING"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ORCCROSSBOW"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\PERSONALITYCORE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\POSSESSED_TOASTER"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\POSSESSED_WASHINGMACHINE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ROBOTRONENEMY"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ROBOTRONLEGOSLINKYCREATURE2"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ROBOTRONLEGOSLINKYCREATURE3"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ROPE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\ROPE_TIED"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\SENTRY_TURRET"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\SHAGGY_PARASOL"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\SUPER_MECH"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\SUPER_MECH_ATTACHMENTS"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\SUPERLEXBOT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\VORTECH_DRONE"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\VORTECH_FORT"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\VORTECH_HAND"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\VORTECH_SHIELD"

"C:\Users\User\Downloads\PATCH0\CHARS\MISC\WHIRLWIND"

There's some pretty cool stuff in there- "BLUESPOILERBOOK" most probably refers to River Song's Diary- as far as I know, does it actually appear in the game? I don't remember, but it can be another clue showing that she might show up in a Fun Pack or something.