TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

So why hasn't the set numbers for PPG, Beetlejuice and LBM been relased yet (or leaked yet I guess :grin: ).

They have to be in the last wave along with City: Undercover.

They have to be in the last wave along with City: Undercover.

Not necessarily the very last wave. It's entirely possible that the list we got is specifically for this year's packs, in which case there'd likely be several unlisted waves for next Spring.

How is this not visually interesting:

Well Donna and Bill are just Earth human girls, just like Rose, Amy, Martha, Sarah Jane, and I've only just started watching the classic series, so I'm not too familiar with those companions, but from what I know they're basically the same. There's also just Earth human boys, like Rory, Craig, and probably some in the classic series. (Like I said, only just started that.) Very few companions would be visually interesting just due to that fact, and other ones from the classic series would not be as recognizable to many fans. Not to say fans of the classic series wouldn't recognize them. Heck, I've only seen a few First Doctor episodes so far, but I recognize the second picture in your post, I just can't remember her name. The problem is that the most overall popular companions are the ones who are just standard humans wearing basic Earth clothes. The only one who I think would be recognizable by most fans, including those who have only watched the modern series, and also be visually distinct, would be Rory the Roman, and then you could just have him able to change into the other companions like how Peter Venkman and The Doctor can cycle through the others. He might even be able to bring some abilities to the table, and then the other companions would be fun extras.

While I would also love to see a companion in LEGO Dimensions, the facts are that they wouldn't bring much to the game outside the novelty, and they're spot would be better taken up by somebody else who would.

Edited by Legomaster34

So.. I got this over the weekend!

It's pretty fun so far, I haven't had much time to play it. Already have a couple packs. I'm sort of getting the hang of it. Not sure if I'm willing to get all the packs.

Can't wait for the new wave! I for sure need the AT and Sonic packs!

The paywall hits you very quickly. I want to get to a 100% but the cost is starting to weigh me down. I'm at a point with the game where I kinda don't want to play until I can afford to buy the packs I need to actually make a big amount of progress instead of tiny steps.

Because the name was considered too morbid for both the original and TTG even though it was fine for Young Justice

wow oh i get it now because of the word death and the word stroke in a kids would be bad for kids. but back on topic I think we will see Beast Boy, Raven, Robin and Starfire from Teen Titans go since we don't really need Cyborg since he is already playable.

Hello,

I've been lurking on this forum for over 2 years but decided to become a member today because I wanted to ask you guys some questions about Lego Dimensions.

Initially I was going to get the Back to the Future and Portal Level packs to add The hoverboard, companion cube and the two minifigures to my collection and sell everything else on ebay.

However after seeing year 2 have I just ordered the Starter pack along with The Simpsons, Back to the Future and Portal 2 level packs and the Stay Puft Fun pack.

I would still like to sell the pits I don't want but before doing so hope some of you can answer some questions I have:

- If I sell the Portal 2 sentry turret and companion cube parts/bases is it possible to finish the level that comes with the pack?

- What unlocks the level in the game? Do any of the three bases unlock it? Just the character base? All three bases?

- If I sell the Ghostbusters Terror Dog and its base will the buyer be able to play the Hubworld?

The game should arrive this week and I'd like to thank you in advance for your help :)

- If I sell the Portal 2 sentry turret and companion cube parts/bases is it possible to finish the level that comes with the pack?

No. You need the cube and turrets abilities to play through the level- you don't need the physical bricks, just 2 blank tags and Chell.

- What unlocks the level in the game? Do any of the three bases unlock it? Just the character base? All three bases?

Just the character base.

- If I sell the Ghostbusters Terror Dog and its base will the buyer be able to play the Hubworld?

Yes. All they need to access the GB world is Stay Puft's base.

Edited by mediumsnowman

Well Donna and Bill are just Earth human girls, just like Rose, Amy, Martha, Sarah Jane, and I've only just started watching the classic series, so I'm not too familiar with those companions, but from what I know they're basically the same. There's also just Earth human boys, like Rory, Craig, and probably some in the classic series. (Like I said, only just started that.) Very few companions would be visually interesting just due to that fact, and other ones from the classic series would not be as recognizable to many fans. Not to say fans of the classic series wouldn't recognize them. Heck, I've only seen a few First Doctor episodes so far, but I recognize the second picture in your post, I just can't remember her name. The problem is that the most overall popular companions are the ones who are just standard humans wearing basic Earth clothes. The only one who I think would be recognizable by most fans, including those who have only watched the modern series, and also be visually distinct, would be Rory the Roman, and then you could just have him able to change into the other companions like how Peter Venkman and The Doctor can cycle through the others. He might even be able to bring some abilities to the table, and then the other companions would be fun extras.

While I would also love to see a companion in LEGO Dimensions, the facts are that they wouldn't bring much to the game outside the novelty, and they're spot would be better taken up by somebody else who would.

Why's everyone going on about what is or isn't visually interesting?

Who actually cares? I for one certainly don't buy NFC minifigures based on whether they are visually interesting and I doubt many of the casual audience do. I buy based on the characters I want to play as. Besides, I still don't see how being human makes the human Doctor Who characters visually uninteresting. It's not like they have generic looks; they all dress different and wear clothes that are iconic and stand out. Yes, you could have one companion figure that allows you to play as them all but there are so many companions that how would they choose which to include?

Also: Rory is definitely not the only companion who is visually distinct. They are all visually distinct from each other and Bill would be the most likely for inclusion considering she is the next companion. I really hope the reason why a companion NFC minifigure hasn't been released is because Traveller's Tales have been waiting for the new companion to make her debut because otherwise there is no reason to have the Doctor without a playable companion just like Harry Potter without both Ron and Hermione would be inexcusable.

Why's everyone going on about what is or isn't visually interesting?

Who actually cares? I for one certainly don't buy NFC minifigures based on whether they are visually interesting and I doubt many of the casual audience do. I buy based on the characters I want to play as. Besides, I still don't see how being human makes the human Doctor Who characters visually uninteresting. It's not like they have generic looks; they all dress different and wear clothes that are iconic and stand out. Yes, you could have one companion figure that allows you to play as them all but there are so many companions that how would they choose which to include?

Also: Rory is definitely not the only companion who is visually distinct. They are all visually distinct from each other and Bill would be the most likely for inclusion considering she is the next companion. I really hope the reason why a companion NFC minifigure hasn't been released is because Traveller's Tales have been waiting for the new companion to make her debut because otherwise there is no reason to have the Doctor without a playable companion just like Harry Potter without both Ron and Hermione would be inexcusable.

I personally also don't care about them being visually distinct, but I also won't argue that the companions are: almost all of them just wear basic Earth clothes, hence why I mentioned Rory, as his Roman outfit is something unique. The bigger problem with the companions, and Ron and Hermione too, are abilities. They're mostly all basic humans, and all the modern series ones are. Well, except for Rory, who is in fact a plastic Roman. Also, I'm not supporting Rory because he's my favorite. He's not, Amy is, but the only ability I can think of her having would be a disguise ability, thanks to her kissogram outfit, so I don't think she'd make a good NFC Minifigure either.

I think that's more important reason the companions most likely won't get made: there's not much for them to do in-game aside from be there, and while I'd love to be able to just run around the various levels and worlds as one of them, I'll admit the general public might not be as interested in a character with a limited ability set, especially when said character costs a minimum of $11-$15. Hermione and Ron would be the same way: they'd basically just be duplicates of Harry.

As a huge Doctor Who fan I admit I would buy a companion NFC Minifigure in a heartbeat, but if I step back and look at like LEGO would, it's just not the most business-conscious decision.

The point of this thread is to discuss Lego Dimensions, not Dr. Who companions. Focus on the game please!

Almost positive that the only way into a hubworld is with the printed on character id tags. The plain blue ones you build stuff on don't grant you access. That said, you're gonna want to get the level pack, so you'll have Peter's ID tag, so you'll be able to access the Hubworld with that one. However, without Stay-Puft's ID tag, you won't be able to play as him; he'll just be a regular minifig. I will say that Mr Stay Puft was the first character piece I put into my obsolete container. I know that's a lot of so's and but's, but I just wanted you to have all the angles on it. It's a GREAT game, and it gets more fun and easier to navigate once you start getting more guys. Be sure to get Slimer. He does a ton of stuff. I get all the level packs; that lets you explore every area. You're gonna need a Ninjago guy for the Spinjistu pads (I recommend Jay and if you can swing it, Master Wu for his pole ability if you don't want Legolas), a Chima guy (I got Cragger cause he looks the coolest, but they're pretty much all the same, I think. You just need to be able to do the Chi thing, and he can do it underwater), Unikitty, Emmet, and Cyberman. I think that covers every thing you have to do, but sometimes you'll run into something where you'll need somebody that can do two things at the same time you'd otherwise be able to do with two individual guys. I just recently got Cyberman because I ran into a couple instances where you have to have Silver Destroy underwater in a place too tight to get Aquamans ship. And I got Jay from ninjago because there was a place in Oz where you have to have stealth to turn off a sensor, but you have to do it with electricity. You'll get it. It's awesome.

the episode is called return of Slade and he's not even in the episode. well on the bright side at least they didn't ruin him like they did everyone else from teen titans. also why do they call him Slade when he is code name is Deathstroke?

What they said, Deathstroke Was probably too violent for the show, when in the same show, there was a villain called "Brother Blood" :sceptic:

I thought variants of minifigs weren't going to be a thing? That's interesting. Also, I wonder if maybe year 3 figs can have built-in variants, by holding the switch characters button? It would be a cool way to customize characters, and they could be unlockable.

Edited by gamejutzu

I thought she was confirmed? Didn't Just2Good point out Tail's biplane in one of the banners of all the characters?

Not sure if anyone has brought up the final cutscene and who the guy was, but when I saw the flesh hand and red sleve all I could think of was Fry from Futurama (I can almost swear I can hear his voice groaning at the start). Pretty unlikely considering alot of the episodes are quite inappropriate for younger audiences and this could be anyone or anythings hand. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

How did no one point out that tails is a boy? (Where did the idea he's a girl come from? He's always been called a he sinse sonic 2)

That sounds extremely like him screaming. Who else be stupid enough to touch that brick other then the guy who is his own grandfather?

Also every teentitans go is a parody show its made to be bad. Now the new ppg is not made to be bad and its worse then ttg

That sounds extremely like him screaming. Who else be stupid enough to touch that brick other then the guy who is his own grandfather?

Lol, It would also add more to the story if it was someone important rather than just a random citizen. Guess we'll just have too wait and see.

I have to agree, mostly because at this point it's doubtful we'll get any DW content anyway.

I think many Whovians who bought the game because of the Doctor Who content will be ****ed off at LEGO if they don't do any more Doctor Who content. Same with fans of other year one brands too.

I think many Whovians who bought the game because of the Doctor Who content will be ****ed off at LEGO if they don't do any more Doctor Who content. Same with fans of other year one brands too.

Perhaps they will, but wb/lego/bbc never did promise any more than what we got. so if they wanna be -d off it should be at their own judgement.

Also chances are they will at least be somewhat enticed by at least one of the new brands included.

and you can play as the doctor in all the new content so..

There have never been any promises of extensions to year 1 franchises, so any hopes of more Doctor Who packs have been purely assumptions.

There have never been any promises of extensions to year 1 franchises, so any hopes of more Doctor Who packs have been purely assumptions.

You automatically expect when those franchises are included that they will continue to have things released for them though.

We were told to stop talking about Doctor Who so please do... We are filling this thread with complete unnecessary stuff about Doctor Who, Tails' gender and if Deathstroke's name is kid friendly... Please just be patient or bring these discussions anywhere else. Just wait for news

I'm more sad than I am pissed off about it. And it's not just about Doctor Who for the game, I'm a bit saddened that some of the franchises feel kind of half-assed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm super, super happy with the content for Year 2. Actually, I think they did a really good job this time around with getting franchises that really only needed one or two packs to cover their content, so kudos to you TT for making smart decisions.

But where they succeeded in Year 2 they failed in Year 1. LotR, Doctor Who, Wizard of Oz, Scooby Doo, Jurassic World, and the Simpsons could of had way, way more content than they did and I'm pretty sure at this point we'll never get that. Instead we got way too many packs for Ninjago where all the characters were roughly the same, in a franchise where you can buy their figures on the second-hand market for really cheap anyway.

And I have a feeling I'm going to feel that same disappointment with Year 2 franchises of Sonic, Harry Potter, the Goonies and the Power Puff Girls. I don't doubt that they'll have a function where if you own Blossom you can play as all 3 of them (this is just speculation, Blossom was never announced,) but it'd be a huge missed opportunity if they only released one of the girls... not to mention many of the villains would make amazing figures, like Mojo Jojo.

Anyway. Point is, I wish they went all out, 110% all out. I'm not too mad because they are bringing us a TON of amazing content in and out of game anyway, but I don't like it when there can be so much more.

Honestly, as much as I could see there being more characters in all the franchises, the only one that feels incomplete to me is Oz, which is a franchise I don't even really care about, but I definitely think that could've been a team pack with Dorothy and then your Dorothy could've scrolled through the rest of the gang. The problem there is the abilities. I could see the Lion growing big, the Tin Man having silver blow up and the Scarecrow having stealth, but I don't know what Dorothy would do and none of them would really make sense to be able to do other characters abilities. It would be fun for the fans of that franchise to make Dorothy and the Lion run around in circles, I guess, but they wouldn't be useful to the game.

It's like the Scooby Doo pack. I don't even use Shaggy for anything, why would I need the rest of the gang? They're in the game, and I didn't have to buy them. I agree they did put out more than enough redundant Ninjago and Chima, but I didn't buy more of those than I needed, either. It's just like, is love to have a Lord Vortech minifigure, but I don't need to be able to play as him. What would he even do? I'm not trying to invalidate what anyone is saying; if you wanna play as a Dr Who Companion or Tails or Maggie Simpson, that's your thing. I'm just saying there's no point for Lego to make extra pieces, especially lisenced ones, that don't really add anything to the game other than getting to control another character and breaking the completists wallets even more. Most of those characters do already have minifigs, anyway. Again, with the exception of Oz.

My only issue with their choices so far is that I wish the Ghostbuster they used for the new story pack was Kate McKinnon, but that's just a personal preference. I know we'll get to play as all of them. I just can't stand Melissa McCarthy.