Sign in to follow this  
Konajra

3.25m long Jutlandia (Danish Hospital ship)

It is not yet clear where it is going to end up.

marvelous would be an understatement ;)

But something about the above statement. Do you mean this is not build on order ? That you build it from your own money/time and now have to see what to do with it ?? Or did I misunderstood your remark ?

Wow. This is a surprise!

You have done an OUTSTANDING job! Really amazingly beautiful build.l I hope Lego has known how to show their gratitude to you...?! ;-)

I especially like the warm-yellow masts and rigging on the ships.

First I was a little miffed, because I too had my eyes on this ship ship, if I was ever to go back to building big ships again (with curved hull, of course) -but seeing that it was Lego themselves who has asked you to do it, I can only applaud the result! lol

It´s a good idea to include a little trivia about the ship. It has an interresting history.

Also -if you dont know it already- you should listen to Kim Larsen´s song about the ship. He´s a danish singer. (World-famous in Denmark, hehe). He did a rather nice tribute to this ship and its service in Korea. (The song is called "Jutlandia"). If you can find the lyrics online, you could use Google-translate to understand them. It´s rather poetic.

Again; congratulations on the excellent build!

But something about the above statement. Do you mean this is not build on order ? That you build it from your own money/time and now have to see what to do with it ?? Or did I misunderstood your remark ?

During LEGOworld Copenhagen 2013 the LEGO CEE team asked me to build a ship for them

understand what you read is a science on its own ... :wacko:

Edited by perrush

Now thats some dedication. So much lovely detail. Really enjoyed watching the picture. Amazing build!

This just blew my mind really can imagine building some thing this detailed and this big ever .