Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

On 3/16/2018 at 11:38 PM, barneynedward said:

I wonder who the minifig with Aquaman Rage of Atlantis will be.

I assume it'll be a character that will not be included in an Aquaman movie based set, later this year. My guess is Garth or perhaps a more updated version of the new 52/rebirth Aquaman. Other than that, I think it would be cool to get an Aquaman villain that won't make an appearance in the Aquaman movie, which could be anyone. 

19 hours ago, Shahennian said:

I really hope we end up getting Dr Fate, Zatanna, Red Tornado, Atom, Guy Gardner, Constantine, Booster Gold, etc. down the line.

All of those would be really cool minifigs. I would like to see a set with Atrocitus in it. We need more sets with Big-figs. 

15 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Does anyone else think the Luke Fox / Batwing is possibility for the Brother Eye set? The leaked box art art showed them in an aerial battle. Batman in the new batwing ship and Luke Fox flying next to him seems likely? Just a theory now that Batman Beyond has been reported to be false.

It's possible, but I'd call it unlikely. He's not really been much of anywhere these days and they'll need a bigger character to make up for their more obscure villain. I'm betting it'll be a Bat-family member, though. 

19 hours ago, Shahennian said:

I really hope we end up getting Dr Fate, Zatanna, Red Tornado, Atom, Guy Gardner, Constantine, Booster Gold, etc. down the line.

Constantine is the only one I'd be skeptical of seeing. Atom is probably coming the soonest of all of those, but Booster, Fate, and Z feel like they'll be here any day now. 

7 minutes ago, TheAquaLantern said:

I assume it'll be a character that will not be included in an Aquaman movie based set, later this year. My guess is Garth or perhaps a more updated version of the new 52/rebirth Aquaman. Other than that, I think it would be cool to get an Aquaman villain that won't make an appearance in the Aquaman movie, which could be anyone. 

All of those would be really cool minifigs. I would like to see a set with Atrocitus in it. We need more sets with Big-figs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Aquaman DVD comes with a totally unrelated character, maybe Atom. The Flash movie barely involves any Flash characters (from what I've seen, I haven't gotten to see it yet as I am broke as shiiiiiiiii-) so it's pretty reasonable to assume that we'll just get Aquaman, Black Manta, and the Justice League as per usual. 

Sooo, what are the possibilities of Teen Titans Go to the Movies based sets? The film comes out in July. Would we know about them by now if they existed? Not a fan of the series, at all, but the Dimensions figures of Robin and Cyborg look amazing and I’d love to have a full team. PPG and Fantastic Beasts are getting sets after the cancellation of Dimensions so I don’t see why TTG wouldn’t be able to as well.

7 hours ago, saysonder said:

Sooo, what are the possibilities of Teen Titans Go to the Movies based sets? The film comes out in July. Would we know about them by now if they existed? Not a fan of the series, at all, but the Dimensions figures of Robin and Cyborg look amazing and I’d love to have a full team. PPG and Fantastic Beasts are getting sets after the cancellation of Dimensions so I don’t see why TTG wouldn’t be able to as well.

It's definitely too late to hear anything at this point in the game I believe, but being not the only major Teen Titans media property arriving this year (the live action TV show and third season of Young Justice), we just may see some comic based sets focused upon the team come 2019 I'd guess.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's definitely too late to hear anything at this point in the game I believe, but being not the only major Teen Titans media property arriving this year (the live action TV show and third season of Young Justice), we just may see some comic based sets focused upon the team come 2019 I'd guess.

I think you're right about that. I'm genuinely surprised we aren't getting anything, though. This seems like an easy toy deal, and LEGO's already got prints and molds for 3/5 of the team. All that's left is two new molds and whatever their villain or supporting characters require. Maybe it's just because they announced the whole project so late in the game? I mean, we didn't know this movie was happening until just a couple months ago and usually animated movies take years (although usually animated movies look like they weren't made on the same awful tv budget) so it's possible that most of the usual merch got left out to preserve the surprise? This whole movie is such a painfully weird circumstance, honestly, and on a less related note, I think that's gonna bite it in the megablocks financially. 

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

10 hours ago, saysonder said:

3 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I think you're right about that. I'm genuinely surprised we aren't getting anything, though. This seems like an easy toy deal, and LEGO's already got prints and molds for 3/5 of the team. All that's left is two new molds and whatever their villain or supporting characters require. Maybe it's just because they announced the whole project so late in the game? I mean, we didn't know this movie was happening until just a couple months ago and usually animated movies take years (although usually animated movies look like they weren't made on the same awful tv budget) so it's possible that most of the usual merch got left out to preserve the surprise? This whole movie is such a painfully weird circumstance, honestly.

The movie was announced like a year before it’s realease date. It normally takes Lego 18 months or so to design and release sets so they didn’t have time to realease sets based on the movie if it was announced a couple years in advance we would have gotten sets or something 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The movie was announced like a year before it’s release date. 

It wasn't announced until late last September, two months shy of a year ahead. With only that much buildup, a very limited audience and (thus far) marketing following a very packed summer and competing with both Ant-Man and the Wasp and Hotel Transylvania 3, and what seems to be a complete lack of toys and merchandising, I wouldn't be too optimistic about a seeing sets (f)or sequel.

Edited by Numbuh1Nerd

Well, I suppose sets aren’t completely off the table in this regard, since the show is still running with no end in sight. Lego doesn’t necessarily have to base anything off the movie to distribute more TTG content. 

6 hours ago, saysonder said:

Well, I suppose sets aren’t completely off the table in this regard, since the show is still running with no end in sight. Lego doesn’t necessarily have to base anything off the movie to distribute more TTG content. 

If they haven't by now, I can't imagine why they'd start *after* the biggest possible marketing boom. (I'd also bet that if the movie doesn't live up to box office expectations, they very well could pull TTG's plug. That's basically what happened with Green Lantern and Green Lantern: The Animated Series despite the latter having nothing but a title character in common with the former. They've got more than enough episodes for syndication anyway, and usually a movie comes when a show's about to die.)

On 3/29/2018 at 10:24 PM, barneynedward said:

I just hope that when they make Garth, he's Tempest instead of Aqualad.

The only part of classic Aqualad that you can't do purist easily is the trunks and the belt buckle. If they were willing to do dual-molded legs I wouldn't complain, but I think if they do Garth the best way to do him is to use his Rebirth or Teen Titans animated series design to get that nice, happy medium. Of course, this would also be a great opportunity to do Kaldur'ahm, which I would absolutely not scoff at. Either Aqualad would make me Aqua-glad! :tongue:

4 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Either Aqualad would make me Aqua-glad! :tongue:

I don’t get it :wink: 

I dig the Tempest look, really, but I’m not sure the Silver Age or Mullet Age looks are quite so marketable. I’m down for Kaldur, as well.

9 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

The only part of classic Aqualad that you can't do purist easily is the trunks and the belt buckle. If they were willing to do dual-molded legs I wouldn't complain, but I think if they do Garth the best way to do him is to use his Rebirth or Teen Titans animated series design to get that nice, happy medium. Of course, this would also be a great opportunity to do Kaldur'ahm, which I would absolutely not scoff at. Either Aqualad would make me Aqua-glad! :tongue:

It's just that if they make Garth Tempest, they can use Jackson as Aqualad. Then they'll need to do Donna Troy and Cassie Sandsmark as well as both Wally Wests.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:17 PM, RedHoodPug said:

I don’t get it :wink: 

I dig the Tempest look, really, but I’m not sure the Silver Age or Mullet Age looks are quite so marketable. I’m down for Kaldur, as well.

I'd argue that "new and exclusive" is all it takes to make any figure marketable - at least to the audience that doesn't really want the DVD for its content. If LEGO will try to sell us Killer Moth three times, I can't imagine why they'd draw a line at selling us any version of Aqualad at least once (no offense, @Duncan Young :grin:)

2 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I'd argue that "new and exclusive" is all it takes to make any figure marketable - at least to the audience that doesn't really want the DVD for its content. If LEGO will try to sell us Killer Moth three times, I can't imagine why they'd draw a line at selling us any version of Aqualad at least once (no offense, @Duncan Young :grin:)

Of course, in Killer Moth's defense, Killer Moth would be the kind of guy to hold TLG hostage until they released 3 versions of him. :wink:

25 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

None taken

*resists urge to encase Numbuh1Nerd in a cocoon*

6 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

If LEGO will try to sell us Killer Moth three times, I can't imagine why they'd draw a line at selling us any version of Aqualad at least once

When you say try to sell us three Killer Moths...

I’ll rephrase that, I don’t want an Aqualad with either Speedos, a mullet, or both. Marketing be damned. This is when it all goes out of the window and they present us with Mer-Boy.

17 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

When you say try to sell us three Killer Moths...

I’ll rephrase that, I don’t want an Aqualad with either Speedos, a mullet, or both. Marketing be damned. This is when it all goes out of the window and they present us with Mer-Boy.

Fair enough, although I find your lack of classic Titans appreciation disturbing :tongue: (Also: Mer-Boy! What a deep cut! I actually had to Google that one!)

22 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Fair enough, although I find your lack of classic Titans appreciation disturbing :tongue: (Also: Mer-Boy! What a deep cut! I actually had to Google that one!)

Not so much a lack of appreciation, more an inexplicable desire to not have minifigs representing young teens in close fitting underwear :grin: I do however have an appreciation for the obscure ones. One from the archive :thumbup:

On 3/27/2018 at 2:51 PM, Numbuh1Nerd said:

It's possible, but I'd call it unlikely. He's not really been much of anywhere these days and they'll need a bigger character to make up for their more obscure villain. I'm betting it'll be a Bat-family member, though. 

Constantine is the only one I'd be skeptical of seeing. Atom is probably coming the soonest of all of those, but Booster, Fate, and Z feel like they'll be here any day now. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Aquaman DVD comes with a totally unrelated character, maybe Atom. The Flash movie barely involves any Flash characters (from what I've seen, I haven't gotten to see it yet as I am broke as shiiiiiiiii-) so it's pretty reasonable to assume that we'll just get Aquaman, Black Manta, and the Justice League as per usual. 

It didn't involve any Flash characters outside of Professor Zoom, Captain Boomerang and Captain Cold.

With the Aquaman sets we know are happening do you think lego will make a new mold for black manta with maybe a two piece mask so he could have a head underneath, or keep the old head piece? also how much would you bet that if they gave black manta a head itd be the one they used for killmonger, shocker and many other named characters?

LEGO has made CW figures for SDCC, is there a reason they havent made sets for the CW shows, i can think of many that could be really awesome, S.T.A.R Labs, The Waverider, The Arrow Cave and so much more could be done

What if the minifig with the aquaman film was an unmasked black manta with exclusive prints?

28 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

With the Aquaman sets we know are happening do you think lego will make a new mold for black manta with maybe a two piece mask so he could have a head underneath, or keep the old head piece? also how much would you bet that if they gave black manta a head itd be the one they used for killmonger, shocker and many other named characters?

LEGO has made CW figures for SDCC, is there a reason they havent made sets for the CW shows, i can think of many that could be really awesome, S.T.A.R Labs, The Waverider, The Arrow Cave and so much more could be done

What if the minifig with the aquaman film was an unmasked black manta with exclusive prints?

For the black manta mask, it depends on how much different the mask in the movie is from the comic book one we already got. My guess would have to be reuse the mold to save money. As for the cw shows, the shows are not meant for kids and most kids wouldn’t have any idea who some of the characters are on the show. In short they most likely wouldn’t sell great because kids most likely would over look them while buying batman sets with characters they recognize 

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

As for the cw shows, the shows are not meant for kids and most kids wouldn’t have any idea who some of the characters are on the show. In short they most likely wouldn’t sell great because kids most likely would over look them while buying batman sets with characters they recognize 

I don't think that's quite a fair argument anymore. I mean, we just got a set with Flash, Cyborg, Reverse Flash, and Killer Frost - and three of those characters are major players on the tv show. Supergirl at least has a pretty solid percentage of kids in its audience, and none of those shows (save for Black Lightning, which is surprisingly gruesome on occasion) are less child-friendly than Batman v Superman or Man of Steel. It's also pretty clear that recognizable characters aren't the biggest driving force behind those sets anymore, with this last wave giving us the likes of Cheetah, Jason Rusch's Firestorm (the only one NOT in anything right now), and Lobo. The only thing I can imagine standing in the way of at least Flash-based sets is that they might have to pay extra to use their likenesses - but even THAT I'm not sure is a thing. 

In the meantime, though, it's pretty evident that LEGO is peeking over at the CW stuff for figures. We got Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Green Arrow for the first time all during the back half of Flash's first season, and a set featuring Supergirl and Martian Manhunter in Supergirl's first season. We just got Firestorm, Killer Frost, and Reverse Flash during a big Firestorm arc on Legends, Killer Frost's proper introduction on Flash, and right after Reverse Flash had his central villain role on Legends. If you look at the comics, the CW is really influencing which characters get the spotlight: the JLA is comprised mostly of big Arrowverse supporting characters like Killer Frost, Atom, and Vixen, and Mr. Terrific even heading up his own team. Whether we get sets based on those shows directly or not, if a character shows up in one, they're more likely to show up in a set sooner or later just from the popularity boost.

1 hour ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

I don't think that's quite a fair argument anymore. I mean, we just got a set with Flash, Cyborg, Reverse Flash, and Killer Frost - and three of those characters are major players on the tv show

In the meantime, though, it's pretty evident that LEGO is peeking over at the CW stuff for figures. We got Gorilla Grodd, Captain Cold, and Green Arrow for the first time all during the back half of Flash's first season, and a set featuring Supergirl and Martian Manhunter in Supergirl's first season. We just got Firestorm, Killer Frost, and Reverse Flash during a big Firestorm arc on Legends, Killer Frost's proper introduction on Flash, and right after Reverse Flash had his central villain role on Legends

I'm extremely certain that's just a coincidence, Flash, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, Reverse Flash, Killer Frost and Firestorm are big characters, not just defined by the shows. Getting minifigures for them would be inevitable when releasing sets on Justice League comics