Sir Gareth

Future DC Super Heroes Rumors & Speculation

Well, Justice League Action has footage released from Comic-Con, and I have to say, it would give us a lot of potential for a Lego line, if they do one. There are a lot of desirable figures that could be included, and even if they wound up somewhat stylized, I think they'd still fit in pretty well. Zatanna and Atom are the standout ones to add to Firestorm as characters we might get alongside the rest.

If we were betting I would put money on Doomsday as a big-fig for sure, especially considering the characters popularity just boosted. Wouldn't bet on a standard Bizarro though. Catwoman and Bane both got Micros and they weren't brought back into the regular line. I mean they were a wide release while Bizarro wasn't, but they were also 4 years ago and discontinued.

I mean who knows though... stranger things have happened.

Technically, they did. Bane in Dimensions, Catwoman in the '66 cave.

Well, Justice League Action has footage released from Comic-Con, and I have to say, it would give us a lot of potential for a Lego line, if they do one. There are a lot of desirable figures that could be included, and even if they wound up somewhat stylized, I think they'd still fit in pretty well. Zatanna and Atom are the standout ones to add to Firestorm as characters we might get alongside the rest.

I hope they do - there is a whole well of characters that Lego is just ignoring in favor of repeats of the same old, same old characters. I'd add Black Canary, Hawkgirl/woman, Red Tornado and Elongated Man to your list so that all of the "classic" Justice Leaguers are accounted for, and would go so far as to add Vixen, Fire, Ice, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Vibe, Gypsy, Steel, Mr. Miracle, and Big Barda to name some other notable (and notable-ish) Leaguers. I don't know how many of these will be showing up on the show, but I hope a few of them will for sure.

I hope they do - there is a whole well of characters that Lego is just ignoring in favor of repeats of the same old, same old characters. I'd add Black Canary, Hawkgirl/woman, Red Tornado and Elongated Man to your list so that all of the "classic" Justice Leaguers are accounted for, and would go so far as to add Vixen, Fire, Ice, Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Vibe, Gypsy, Steel, Mr. Miracle, and Big Barda to name some other notable (and notable-ish) Leaguers. I don't know how many of these will be showing up on the show, but I hope a few of them will for sure.

Those would be nice. I was just name-dropping ones I saw in the promo.

In the Justice League footage we've seen, Aquaman has very vivid eyes, which is an intentional design choice. I'm willing to put out a guess that his minifig interpretation in the JL sets next year will have colored eyes, a la Mr. Freeze's second minifigure design.

I'm really hoping for a proper Doomsday bigfig through. The BvS sets are pretty good but the absence of the main villain (kinda) in the BvS sets lineup just makes me a little bit dissatisfied.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I've been thinking about the four JL movie sets we'll be getting and I think I have an idea on what they'll be (possible spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

set one £11.99- Parademon attack

3x Parademons, Tactical Batman, Apokalips cannon

set two £49.99- Night-Crawler

Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Alfred, Night-Crawler

set three £59.99 Apokalips vehicle

Aquaman, Flash, Steppenwolf, Parademonx2, some sort of Apokalips tank

Set four £69.99 Flying Fox

Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Batman (armoured), Deathstroke, Superman, Flying Fox

Let me know whether you agree or disagree with my assumptions :classic:

Edited by Duncan Young

49 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I've been thinking about the four JL movie sets we'll be getting and I think I have an idea on what they'll be (possible spoilers ahead)

Hide contents

I think not enough is known about the story to know how accurate these could be, but if they were all right, Pietro approves 

Edited by Quicksilver838

On 7/30/2016 at 8:34 AM, ArmstrongYong said:

I'm really hoping for a proper Doomsday bigfig through. The BvS sets are pretty good but the absence of the main villain (kinda) in the BvS sets lineup just makes me a little bit dissatisfied.

I don't really care for the BvS Doomsday (we already have the LOTR Cave Troll in Lego form :laugh:), but if what you want is a big fig Doomsday, don't worry, I'm sure it's a matter of time. And I think when Lego does it, it'll be perfect, or at least that's what I expect.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

I think not enough is known about the story to know how accurate these could be, but if they were all right, Pietro approves 

I didnt see THAT coming 

:grin:

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Reveal hidden contents

I thought I said it was three? 

1 hour ago, amazingbricks said:

Who says we can't get four justice league movie sets total? Like the big spoiler set in the 2018 winter wave. It'd be similar to the civil war wave. 

I think I should be excited at that prospect, but the grittiness of the look of that film just makes me go meh... Hope my mind changes later on, though. I want DC films to be good.

10 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

I thought I said it was three? 

Oh sorry :blush:, three still sounds good I wasn't really expecting the small set at all anyway 

Even though we know he's in the film, I feel like Superman could be the 'spoiler set'. We'd all seen Spider Man but we couldn't see the set until a safe time. It could be the same thing with...

Superman's rise up from the dead

30 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Even though we know he's in the film, I feel like Superman could be the 'spoiler set'. We'd all seen Spider Man but we couldn't see the set until a safe time. It could be the same thing with...

Hide contents

Hide contents

Superman's rise up from the dead

Yeah, that sounds about right 

5 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Spoiler

Maybe we'll have an alternate version of the 2013 CC exclusive.

59 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

If TLBM Clayface set sells well do you think we'll get DC villains like Chemo in a similar style as part of the main line?

Chemo sounds like a really big long shot, but I myself would LOVE a giant Chemo build.

I suppose though as long as it sells well, LEGO will see the high demand for similar produce

Ok, knowing Suicide Squad will likely get a sequel despite what people may have thought of it. So, would we get another tie-in set or sets including Slipknot, El Diablo or Enchantress?

Also for TLBM- Chance for Condiment King? He's like one of the most iconic bad Bat-villains aside from Killer Moth, Crazy Quilt and Polka Dot Man

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

Ok, knowing Suicide Squad will likely get a sequel despite what people may have thought of it. So, would we get another tie-in set or sets including Slipknot, El Diablo or Enchantress?

Also for TLBM- Chance for Condiment King? He's like one of the most iconic bad Bat-villains aside from Killer Moth, Crazy Quilt and Polka Dot Man

(It's funny how KM is on top of many bad villains list, because some incarnations are actually pretty decent all things considered) I'm shocked we haven't seen anything. They have villains that appeared in one comic and yet not have Condiment King?!

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'd love to get Amanda Waller in a set. Dunno who else might be in a sequel... looking through Wikipedia, there's loads of big names who haven't been in a Lego set yet who might appear in Suicide Squad 2: Count Vertigo, Killer Frost, Bronze Tiger, King Shark, Reverse-Flash?! I'd love a CW-verse inspired Batman set or two that could be unofficial Suicide Squad 2 tie-ins as well... "Batman and Green Arrow team-up to defeat Count Vertigo and Bronze Tiger"... "Batman and the Flash vs Killer Frost and Reverse-Flash"! Batman sets (with new Batsuits for kids and big kids to collect), cool-looking villains who kids might know from TV or movies. Add a new Bat-vehicle or two (I so want a Bat-Kayak now), and you're set!

Wonder Woman's new trailer dropped, and seems to be implying that the woman with a facial prosthetic mask is villain Dr Poison. I suspect we'll be seeing her in the WW set next year if this holds true.