Sign in to follow this  
PaulC

Four-wide Optimus Prime that transforms in one piece!

Actually that translates to, TORANSUFOOOOOOOOMU!!!! or if you clean up the Engrish, TRANSFOOOOOOOOORM!!!! ;-)
Thanks for the translation. Toransufomu andu roru outu!
What's next in your line of town scale TFs PaulC? How about Megatron as a minifig gun. :-P
Don't tempt me, I'm seriously thinking about whether that's possible now! *wacko*

Wow! I really like that, great design. Any chance of a 4-wide car Bumblebee or Jazz?

The trouble is there doesn't seem to be anywhere I can put an hinge in the cab without either making it look totally unlike a traditional Lego truck or destroying it's structural integrity.

I built my own Optimus after seeing yours- it looks nothing like a Lego truck, and can't hold a minifig, but I put a hinge in the base of the truck- it moves the legs closer to where the pelvis should be and retracts the gut a bit. I'll put up pics if you'd like to see it.

That's really cool. I spent hours as a kid trying to do that, though I see you use pieces that weren't around then.

Good work

Incredible, that is awesome. I don't really like transformers, but that was very cool!

Aha! I'm finally back from my Canadian vacation and can answer some of your queries.

Wow! I really like that, great design. Any chance of a 4-wide car Bumblebee or Jazz?

I built my own Optimus after seeing yours- it looks nothing like a Lego truck, and can't hold a minifig, but I put a hinge in the base of the truck- it moves the legs closer to where the pelvis should be and retracts the gut a bit. I'll put up pics if you'd like to see it.

Yes please! I'd love to see pics. A 4-wide Bumblebee... now there's a challenge!
That's really cool. I spent hours as a kid trying to do that, though I see you use pieces that weren't around then.

Good work

Yes I've used pieces that weren't around then, mainly because I couldn't remember some parts of the original design. Ohnhai, help me out please! Can you remember how it used to go? Perhaps you could sketch it for us and post it up.

Very, very *sweet* MOC PaulC. I *wub* the way you were able to design and model Optimus in the 4-wide concept. I definitly give you two *y* up. Model On!!

I just found a large cool one on youtube:Blackout

There's another, different, one here. No video this time though.

And if it's Mcro Transformers you want, see mine here here. More to come soon.

Sorry, I thought I'd just hijack this thread... :-P

There's another, different, one here. No video this time though.

And if it's Mcro Transformers you want, see mine here here. More to come soon.

Sorry, I thought I'd just hijack this thread... :-P

That's ok Brainbox. I thought your micro-transformers were awesome and I was thinking of posting a link to them here anyway. :-D

And talking of shameless plugs, I haven't had time to work on Megatron yet because I've been building a Hoth Rebel Base. X-D

That's ok Brainbox. I thought your micro-transformers were awesome and I was thinking of posting a link to them here anyway. :-D

Why thank you.

Oh, I just realised. I don't think I commented on your MOC. Sorry. :-$

It's a nice, simple MOC, that's clearly Prime but a very different Prime. Most Primes tend to be big and somewhat stocky (with the exception of Energon Prime, who was fat rather than bulky). The transformation is also very smooth, which I know isn't always easy, especially at such a small scale.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to look at your Echo base.

Edited by Brainbox

Well I have to admit I don't like mecha, but the design on this is impressive & in such a compact model.

And retro enough for even us old grumpies to sort of recognise it.

Mybe I need to cast aside my dislike of mecha and do a belville scale one (given thats my current building scale) lol

Jof