Robert8

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part

16 hours ago, Master_Data said:

Did they finish rewriting the script in the end? I know Chris Pratt confirmed (I forget where) he received a copy, but that was before they brought Lord and Miller back on board.

I'm surprised that we haven't heard of any new casting announcements yet. 

Edit: Alright, just as I say that, here's our first piece of casting news! 

Screen Rant - The LEGO Movie 2 Adds Tiffany Haddish To Its Voice Cast

Edited by Digger of Bricks

17 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

There's new Emmet's Guide to Being More Awesome leak on Istagram.

Really?! Is the the cover art finalized? 

I suppose it won't be long then until we hear of our first set rumors. :purrr:

Edit: Here's the Amazon listing for the book, along with a description and publishing date of December 26th, 2018.

Amazon - Emmet's Guide to Being More Awesome: with Minifigure (The LEGO Movie 2) 

Emmet is BACK and ready to show us all how to be even MORE awesome! The LEGO(R) Movie 2 hits theaters February 9, with an all-star cast, including Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Alison Brie, and more! The sequel is sure to delight fans of all ages with its special brand of LEGO humor. This one-of-a-kind guidebook is narrated by Emmet himself(!) and comes with a buildable Emmet minifigure. It's a must-have offering for fans of the film.

P.S. Take note that this description mentions Allison Brie's return for the sequel and its titling as The LEGO Movie 2, both of which have not yet been confirmed by the sequel's IMDb page.

Added Amazon link and description.

There was an article ages ago that TLM2 will be a musical set in space. Is this still happening or has this been changed?

12 hours ago, J4ck said:

There was an article ages ago that TLM2 will be a musical set in space. Is this still happening or has this been changed?

No clue. All we can do is hope it isn't a musical...

17 hours ago, J4ck said:

I presume that remains the case, as TLBM director Chris McKay described it as such after the film had finally settled on both a director and a script. Just for refreshment, here's the quote with the cited news article:

Heroic Hollywood - Chris McKay Says 'The LEGO Movie 2' Will Be A 'Big Musical' 

"LEGO 2 is going to be this big musical and space action movie. They need a lot of the writing, a lot of development, not only with script development, but development with songwriters. So it was very ambitious to get that movie out.”

12 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Why? I think it could be fun; the first film did have a song in it, after all.

Having one song is not the same as any single or number of characters singing a song every 6 minutes.

There's a difference, you see, between an original song (i.e. "Everything is Awesome") and being a movie being a musical.

11 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Having one song is not the same as any single or number of characters singing a song every 6 minutes.

There's a difference, you see, between an original song (i.e. "Everything is Awesome") and being a movie being a musical.

But if we're to assume THE LEGO Movie 2 is Finn's sister playing with the LEGO as hinted at at the end of the first LEGO Movie, surely a musical makes sense? That kid has likely seen films such as Frozen and Tangled.

4 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

But if we're to assume THE LEGO Movie 2 is Finn's sister playing with the LEGO as hinted at at the end of the first LEGO Movie, surely a musical makes sense? That kid has likely seen films such as Frozen and Tangled.

That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

If it's from the imagination of Finn's Sister, a musical is the one most likely to appeal to both genders. I don't think a straight romance or a tea party would work.

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If it's from the imagination of Finn's Sister, a musical is the one most likely to appeal to both genders. I don't think a straight romance or a tea party would work.

Sure.

That still doesn't make it a good idea.

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Well, I like musicals. :sceptic:

And I can say that I do like some musicals myself.

I just don't feel that it is necessary for any of the LEGO Movies to be entirely a musical. The movies are already sensory overload, that extra layer isn't needed, IMO.

Apparently, Legoland Florida will be replacing their Legends of Chima themed boat ride with a new The Lego Movie themed attraction, expected to open during Spring 2019.

Orlando Business Journal - Legoland Florida taps into hit movie for new expansion 

The addition of The Lego Movie World represents our continuing commitment to providing state-of-the-art experiences specifically designed to create awesome memories for kids ages 2-12. The sights and sounds will be fully immersive, bringing The Lego Moviefranchise to life in a way that only a Legoland park could. We know kids come from all over the world to meet the stars of The Lego Movie, and we can’t wait to see their faces light up as they interact within the imaginative world of Bricksburg.

The [area] will be based on The Lego Movie and the upcoming sequel and feature two new rides, character meet-and-greets and a giant themed playscape. In addition, the interactive boat ride, The Quest for Chi, will be completely transformed, drenching guests in an exciting new experience when it reopens as a key attraction in The Lego Movie World in spring 2019.

I wonder if we might see any developmental concept art for this new attraction shedding some early light on the sequel, as it's opening comes after the movie's theatrical release. :shrug_oh_well:

On 5/9/2018 at 5:23 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If anything, I'd expect the musical numbers to have a wide range of style and appeal, possibly ranging from Batman's beat-boxing to something absolutely girly coming from UniKitty. Above all, I'd also expect each number to be a overblown parody of each musical genre being represented, so the music might have an irreverent tone that could be a lot of fun, making it tolerable for even those who despise musicals.

On 5/10/2018 at 7:29 PM, Penkid11 said:

I just don't feel that it is necessary for any of the LEGO Movies to be entirely a musical. The movies are already sensory overload, that extra layer isn't needed, IMO.

We don't yet know how much of a musical this sequel will be anyway, as Chris McKay's statement might be coming from his observation that the film has only a few more musical numbers than the last film, depending on how many in his opinion warrants the "musical" label. 

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If anything, I'd expect the musical numbers to have a wide range of style and appeal, possibly ranging from Batman's beat-boxing to something absolutely girly coming from UniKitty. Above all, I'd also expect each number to be a overblown parody of each musical genre being represented, so the music might have an irreverent tone that could be a lot of fun, making it tolerable for even those who despise musicals.

On 11/05/2018 at 1:29 AM, Penkid11 said:

I agree, and I expect it'll parallel Finn fighting with his sister in real life. 

It has just occurred to me: Perhaps a teaser will be attached to Solo: A Star Wars Story releasing this weekend? Given that Phil Lord and Chris Miller were once attached to that movie, it would be awkwardly ironic. :oh:

P.S. Don't you think we should now change the title of this topic @Robert8:wink:

7 minutes ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Sweeeeet!

Didn't you mean to say... AWESOME!!! :tongue:

I think we'll get a teaser trailer with Teen Titans Go! To the Movies with a full trailer to go with Small Foot, both Warner Bros animated movies.