Sign in to follow this  
legomilk

Bionicle list 2008

New Toa Nuva? Toa Ignika? I already LOVE 2008! *wub*

There appears to be a certain Hahli Inika as well.... 8-|

Looks like the small sets are now 7 Euro. I suppose that they got bigger, and if bigger means better then I'm for it. Regarding the six can sets..well, looks like I will have to give up. The can sets now regularly cost 12 Euro. But again, if that means more pieces and greater quality I have no problem.

Shakar

Edited by Shakar

You need to stop.

Indeed, these negative comments are starting to annoy me also.

Admiral, If you don't like where's Bionicle going now, then why waste your time posting annoying comments that have no point? We know that you hate most of present-day Bionicle, and there is no need to repeat, with all due respect. ;-)

If you don't like it, it's time to move on to another theme. :-)

Besides, half of it's not even TLC's fault. You know why the 2001 names were so original? Because in reality, they were words from another language. Words from forgien languages often sound great in fantasy universes. Even the word "Jedi" aparrently is from a real language, since I read in the news about some buhddist temple with Jedi in the name.

Then, along came the Maori, along came lawsuits and pointless hacking of BZP, and POOF, TLC has to make their own names up. After 7 years, making new ones up that don't sound like old ones gets a bit hard. Look for example, at some of the names I made up for my 2008 set ideas:

Tylox

Ehloh

Gytax

Ohlok

Not very original, eh? :-/

After 7 years, making new ones up that don't sound like old ones gets a bit hard. Look for example, at some of the names I made up for my 2008 set ideas:

Tylox

Ehloh

Gytax

Ohlok

Not very original, eh?

Nuooakis

Kreevakh

Ziru

Niragua (this one was made up by my dad)

Kylon

Karuki Nui

Yeah, it's quite hard to do. *wacko*

Yay! Pohatu returns-and in the first wave too! I will be sorely dissapointed if he's not brown. Brown and Keetyellow, sure, but not iron and Keetyellow. And Lewa too- I can imagine an improved [Lhikan's Hau] Miru Nuva.

And names are easy if you think about it-

Vasrutki

Eskrani

Kahakuta

Lederala

Teshatumar

Gundyrai

Ta Da!

Yay! Pohatu returns-and in the first wave too! I will be sorely dissapointed if he's not brown. Brown and Keetyellow, sure, but not iron and Keetyellow. And Lewa too- I can imagine an improved [Lhikan's Hau] Miru Nuva.

And names are easy if you think about it-

Vasrutki

Eskrani

Kahakuta

Lederala

Teshatumar

Gundyrai

Ta Da!

Thing is that each of those would have to be run through numerous legal checks to make sure it doesn't mean anything in another language, so as to avoid another situation like that with the Maori.

I don't care if the names are silly; if the sets are, however...

I seriously think they should take a break from Bionicle for a year.

He meant taken down from Amazon. That was where they first showed up, and I doubt TLC or the Bionicle team even knows they reapeared on this site. They will probably be taken down eventually. ;-)

I hope the case is that the winter 2008 canister sets will be three villians and three heroes. That would be a nice change.

Hah, sorry. I found it kind of witty... >_>

Jus' a mite irritatin' to have more names that sound "generic", is all :-/

At yet, none of them sounded like your witty names.

What's that supposed to mean?

He means that even the new 2008 bionicle names don't sound as bad as the "witty" names Ravensburg posted. I agree, but I'm not that impressed with the new names, either. :-/

I concur they arent as bad as the names I posted - that was the whole point.

Im just finding these, as Hewkii9 pointed out, bad "witty" knock-offs of real words as names that come out as poor fantasy names to be quite trying. Ikki of Moopyville and I came up with "Lekua" as a good alternative to "Lesovikk", for example.