Yeah my servo broke just the same. 
Sent this video clip to lego. I'd also settle for the new servo if it had that older plug on it so i could use it on buwizz. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

I had one go the same way, emailed Lego and there's one currently on its way to me.

Now today a second one failed the same exact way! 

Seems like a design failure :(

On 5/21/2020 at 6:16 PM, Mechbuilds said:

Yeah my servo broke just the same. 

does it do the same thing if you use the train controller and wind it back from the problem side?

6 hours ago, bonox said:

does it do the same thing if you use the train controller and wind it back from the problem side?

The one which just failed on me is in a Buwizz model. You can use every position one at a t time on one side, but on the other side as you reach a certain point it shoots to the end stop and stays there. It'll come back if you command it to the opposite (good) side. The previous one failed the exact same way.

Hi Guys.

did any of you encounter this type of issue with the servo? Description:

I totally disassembled the motor, so I am experiencing this issue on the motor with just the brass gear. What is happening is this: into one direction the motor turns as it should, once you release the lever on the remote, it returns to the base state, but into the other direction, it turns as it should but when you release the lever on the remote, the motor finishes the move in in the same direction!!! So it does not go back, but forwards. 
This means that when fully assembled, it works well in one direction, but once you go the other direction, it gets stuck, and stops returning in both directions...

very bizare. As the issue comes from the board, the cleaning and other remedies mentioned above do have no effect.

thanks!

Hello Amorti.

yes. This helped. It works now. Waw. Thank you for your help and swift response. 

The issue, yes, was the copper smeared across the plates. So I took a Stanley knife and cut through to make sure the plates are not connected.

I think what caused it is that we took our lego car out, dust went in and helped to grind the copper by that friction.

I am sure this will happen again but I am happy I have a solution.

thanks again!!!

jp