Sign in to follow this  
Xyver

Agents (2008/9) - Villain's Lair

I've recently acquired quite a few of the old (2008/9) Agents sets and wanted to build a lair for the baddies.

For my last display I just had an old shack and a boathouse, surrounded by all the Agents water vehicles and a couple of the jets. I have since also acquired the helicopter and the Mobile Command Centre so thought I would create a bigger base for the baddies.

15867662355_1f17eaef01_c.jpgIMG_9866 by Ade-27, on Flickr

The final plan is to have the lair sitting atop a cliff face, with an opening rock wall revealing a cave for the boat dock, but the cave will have to wait for now. For now, the lair will sit atop a cliff face, overlooking the water battle below similar to the above.

I wanted something curved, rather than the usual square buildings and after seeing a wonderful build using train tracks for the curve, I thought I'd give that a go. So I grabbed my 6 wide tracks and came up with the following.

15248010773_fe316d498c_c.jpgIMG_0273 by Ade-27, on Flickr

15865669381_695845f871_c.jpgIMG_0275 by Ade-27, on Flickr

15680323630_ec0b12de2b_c.jpgIMG_0274 by Ade-27, on Flickr

15681661669_811c7ee1b9_c.jpgIMG_0277 by Ade-27, on Flickr

This is very much a WIP and any helpful advice is greatly appreciated. It will eventually be finished with grass and pacing around the building, with a road leading up to the rollerdoor on the side. There will also be a train track running along the back of the building as there is a train that runs around the outside of the city displays this forms a part of.

One of my questions is do you think the awning (made out of the brick separators) should be wide, either another two or three on either side. The next section is 6 wide.

That has an excellent curve going on!

I do think that a bit more to the awning at each side would make it look a little better, great use of seperators for that feature.

Are you going to add any dishes or lazer guns? Inferno baddies seemed pretty big on lazers and dishes...

I've worked the roof out and added an upper level

15700744817_82ae772f16_c.jpgIMG_0289 by Ade-27, on Flickr

Now to add the finish touches to the building and work out the landscaping

First for bringing back the agent topic to life, but also for this new architectural approach.32.gif

Edited by lanengons

This is really good! I love the original Agents stuff, and I'm glad to see their villains (I always call them Infernus, but I guess there's no official name?) get a proper setting!