Rayskull

Bionicle Protector Alternate Builds

Oh, just remembered! I've got a pair of custom Protectors to share with you guys - an axe-wielding Protector of Water, and a katana brandishing Protector of Jungle! I'm really pleased with how the PoJ's gearbox came out :)

Thanks to the way Imgur handles images though, I'm afraid I couldn't embed the photos here without going over EB's photo size limit. But, here's the gallery! Apologies for the dark, out of focus photos :S

Edited by LewiMOC

Oh, just remembered! I've got a pair of custom Protectors to share with you guys - an axe-wielding Protector of Water, and a katana brandishing Protector of Jungle! I'm really pleased with how the PoJ's gearbox came out :)

Thanks to the way Imgur handles images though, I'm afraid I couldn't embed the photos here without going over EB's photo size limit. But, here's the gallery! Apologies for the dark, out of focus photos :S

VERY nice. I love the slender look of the water one.

Appears I might be the first to utilise the custom Protector torso in something entirely non-human in appearance. The torso, with a couple of simple extensions, I found to be absolutely perfect for a dragon, so I built Golden Furious off it. So here we are:

16705139090_c1eb3a03ed_z.jpg

Golden Furious by TheOneVeyronian, on Flickr

And a slightly horrible picture showing the Protector torso in use in the model:

dscn5868.jpg

Don't think this is the last MOC you'll see from me using this build: I still have more ideas but they have to wait until a large-ish BL order arrives :grin:

Here's my mod to the Protector of Fire.

17590560779_133e902893_z.jpgBionicle modified protector of fire

I have changed the lower arm bones to black and have added 3M bones as the upper arms, to match the animations, and I have added 4M bones instead of 3M bones for the legs.

I also changed how the cannon works, and here is how it is built:

17589298610_1d7a9dc659_z.jpgBionicle modified protector of fire

It folds up exactly the same as it does in the animation-to the side, not down.

17590560289_4e4706c771_z.jpgBionicle modified protector of fire

Not big mods, but enough to make the figure better. I also used the Tonfa design that rayskull came up with. I'm happy with this.

Sorry about bad quality, used my phone to take pictures

Edited by DirefulSpy876

That POW is AMAZING! When I get mine, I will use the same sort of design, but for the turbines instead. I have leftover parts from the POF so that should work.

Here's my various Protector mods. Mostly minor things, but I wanted the Protectors to be pretty unique and each have their own character, so I gave them more original weapon getups. I only have four so far.

EverythingSucks%20005_zpsragonhts.jpg

EverythingSucks%20002_zpszizphsa4.jpg

EverythingSucks%20001_zps7inrki21.jpg

FatIsFatNoMore%20006_zpsjzweymaf.jpg

Edited by One Very Agile Cat

izotor_by_vox22-d9662m8.jpg

Just a really simple modification to Izotor, after buying Master Wu's Dragon (which I bought mainly for parts) I decided to give PoI white feet, to get rid of the unnecessary silver (also changed black bones to trans-blue). Not much, but improves the set's look A LOT in my opinion.