Sign in to follow this  
def

Mafia School- The Cosplay Party: Day One - Blurred Lines

Perhaps you could explain why you voted for Jamesn besides "I have little to add"?

Well there was an idea floating around that he might be scum, and someone else had voted for him.

Standing up for your scum buddy, duly noted

Okay, now you're just being hateful.

Well there was an idea floating around that he might be scum, and someone else had voted for him.

Okay, now you're just being hateful.

You meant observant; I'm observant.

I call you out and she defends you, I call her out and you take offense ... isn't that weird!!!

Well, seems like everyone is going after Lord Duvors for an actual reason, unlike with Goliath. I find this perfectly fine but I still find jamesn scummier than him.

Take it as you will Dave, I am defending someone who you hypocritically attacked for a crime that you yourself committed. I'm surprised that you seem so sensitive to my mild accusation.

Oh and, as soon as Brickelodeon says something about Stinky Dave the pirate starts accusing him of scum, just as other scummy people have done before. Just pointing it out.

Take it as you will Dave, I am defending someone who you hypocritically attacked for a crime that you yourself committed. I'm surprised that you seem so sensitive to my mild accusation.

Pirates have no feeling; I know I did not contribute much but I also know that what I contribute has weight and is thought out; no irrelevant banter, no fluff.

I was tempted to ask if anyone felt like tallying up the votes, but as they say "Why ask someone to do something, when you could do it yourself?". So, here's the votes, as best as I could record them. (There's a tiny chance I may have made a mistake somewhere, but I don't think so. If you're concerned about that, you're more than welcome to double-check the list yourself)

Goliath: 2 votes: (Lind Whisperer, Brickelodeon)

Richila: 1 votes: (StickFig)

Jamesn: 5 votes: (CutCobra, Goliath, Richila, XM, Lord Duvors)

Lord Duvors: 7 votes: (Jamesn, Piratedave84, Mencot, Captain Settle, jluckhaupt, adventurer1, Kintober)

Stinky Dave: 1 vote: (mostlytechnic)

I was not defending Duvors either, I was defending Captain Settle.

I "retracted" myself from accusing Settle with a cute little emoticon. My point is not about who you defended; it's about the fact you opted to defend someone else. Why would you do that unless you had an interest in doing so?

To be honest, my vote for Lord Duvors was based mostly on him being quite annoying and snarky, like in this quote:

Thank you for not specifying which part of the post you where responding to, that was really helpful.

I said before that I didn't have much reason to vote Goliath, he was simply being the most annoying at the time, but Lord Duvors is being more annoying now. I feel like he's kind of slowing down our investigating, so I want to lynch him.

And thanks Bricklodeon for defending me.

Thanks for that list Hulk. I think I will change my vote here. I see that everyone has decided to let Spidey live, I suppose that I will as well. I am inclined to vote for Lord Duvors now as that would seemingly get the job done more quickly, however, I am noting that Jamesn has not spoken in a while, and he is either basking in the relief of having someone else take the blame, or just not at his keyboard. This whole wagon against Duvors seems to have been started by the pirate, and as I am seemingly at odds with the pirate for the time being, I will switch my vote to Jamesn. I would be happy to hear him say something in his defense though. Why not speak up Jamesn?

Unvote: Goliath(Goliath

Vote: Jamesn(Jamesn)

Also, why wouldn't I defend someone who has done nothing to deserve your easily gained wrath Dave?

Poorly formatted voting there, let me fix that.

Unvote: Goliath(Goliath)

Vote: Jamesn(Jamesn)

Woah, 3 whole pages of reading, I think that Lord Duvors is the one who I will vote. He is not so helpful and he did edit his post which will probably give him a penalty. Apart from that he could be a scum which would be good for us, but if he is town, it wouldn't be too bad since he hasn't really contributed much. Goliath is probably town since he primarly defends himself and is really talkative which would be less likely for him to be scum since he hasn't said anything scummy apart from making baseless accusations. Jamesn is on my scum radar for not defending himself a lot but I will keep a close eye on him. For now I will not vote yet and will just watch to see if anybody seems suspicious.

I go away for like 2 hours and... 3 page.

Vote: Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors)

This is revenge for Quest #100. :devil: but seriously it's because "team pink Ooc" isn't a team it's a menace. If you're not in Heroica you'll not understand any of this. If you want clarification just read quest #100.

Seriously though, defend yourself.

*This is Mafia, not an RPG, being in or out of character means nothing.*

He says in Ooc mode.

Maybe he just isn't a very good team player? Still it is... interesting, of corse he might just be asleep... or something.

Also: vote Jamesn (Jamesn)

You shouldn't vote for Jamesn, maybe he just isn't a very good team player?

I'm a horrible person and that's fine by me.

I "retracted" myself from accusing Settle with a cute little emoticon. My point is not about who you defended; it's about the fact you opted to defend someone else. Why would you do that unless you had an interest in doing so?

So you're saying that if someone defends someone else that instantly makes them suspicious? Okay, that's fine for today, but a few days later, you call out someone for defending somebody else and he dies and oops! It turns out that he was the cop (or a mason, but that"s pretty unlikely here) and that he was defending that guy because he knew he was town, and also remember that the scum might actually be trying to distance themselves from each other in public.

Woah, 3 whole pages of reading, I think that Lord Duvors is the one who I will vote. He is not so helpful and he did edit his post which will probably give him a penalty. Apart from that he could be a scum which would be good for us, but if he is town, it wouldn't be too bad since he hasn't really contributed much.

Errr... did you notice that the edit was accidental and I said as much? I may get a penalty for editing a typo due to a temporary lapse of memory but that isn't really a good reason to think I'm a evil murderer.

This is revenge for Quest #100. :devil: but seriously it's because "team pink Ooc" isn't a team it's a menace. If you're not in Heroica you'll not understand any of this. If you want clarification just read quest #100.

Wow.

That is cheep man. Really. You vote against me for something that has nothing to do with this? If you're really going to be that petty then you shouldn't be in Mafia mate.

Really Duvors, Rocket can vote for any reason he likes, life isn't always fair.

He's voting for something that has absolutely nothing to do with this game, petty revenge for something that happened outside the context of the game is not a valid reason, this guy is just being a jerk over something that has already past, if he can't just accept that and move on then I'm not playing with him.

Errr... did you notice that the edit was accidental and I said as much? I may get a penalty for editing a typo due to a temporary lapse of memory but that isn't really a good reason to think I'm a evil murderer.

I was just pointing it out but not really saying that it was a reason for you to be scum.

I go away for like 2 hours and... 3 page.

Seriously though, defend yourself.

He says in Ooc mode.

You shouldn't vote for Jamesn, maybe he just isn't a very good team player?

I'm a horrible person and that's fine by me.

THIS IS NOT HEROICA! leave it alone, don't talk about it, don't think about it and don't use it to justify your vote!

So you're saying that if someone defends someone else that instantly makes them suspicious? Okay, that's fine for today, but a few days later, you call out someone for defending somebody else and he dies and oops! It turns out that he was the cop (or a mason, but that"s pretty unlikely here) and that he was defending that guy because he knew he was town, and also remember that the scum might actually be trying to distance themselves from each other in public.

Yes, a big fat YES; there's no reason for anyone to defend anyone on day one. The only people who know who we really are, and by consequent have reason to defend someone else, are the scum team. I'm going to use your argument against you; what if you defend someone and they turn out to be scum? Does that make you scum? no but it sure makes you look like it!

Your scenario is valid if this were day 3 or 4 but not for day 1.

Wow.

That is cheep man. Really. You vote against me for something that has nothing to do with this? If you're really going to be that petty then you shouldn't be in Mafia mate.

I'm in agreement with you here that this vote was very poorly justified.

You aren't helping yourself any by calling him a jerk Duvors. I'm pretty sure you are toast unless you start changing people's minds soon.

THIS IS NOT HEROICA! leave it alone, don't talk about it, don't think about it and don't use it to justify your vote!

Same here. I might have said it a bit quieter myself, but the fact remains - this isn't Heroica, and it shouldn't be treated as such. Anything that happened over there, is Out Of Character. You can't let it affect any of your reasoning.

God I take ages to type, like 20 replies have been typed in the time it takes me to type this. :look:

Unvote: Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors)

I was only joking. Anyway, up till now I haven't been taking this very seriously and I haven't really contributed that much to the discussion, I'll try not to joke around as much any more :blush: . Seeing as there's no edits and I consistantly fail to proof read myself so things can be read with malicious intent when I am just being an idiot. Like the witchcraft thing earlier.

What you are saying is correct, it is a poor justification and very cheap/jerkish.

Anyway, the reason people are bandwagonning onto you Duvors, is that you, like myself, sometimes say things that can be taken the wrong way. And hence offence can be taken.

If I take any longer to type this, eras will have passed so I'm going to reread some old stuff and vote for someone later.

I was just pointing it out but not really saying that it was a reason for you to be scum.

Okay, that's fine then.

Yes, a big fat YES; there's no reason for anyone to defend anyone on day one. The only people who know who we really are, and by consequent have reason to defend someone else, are the scum team. I'm going to use your argument against you; what if you defend someone and they turn out to be scum? Does that make you scum? no but it sure makes you look like it!

Yep I agree with you, and if you remember I did mention the day one invalidity of the scenario in the post I made it. But look, people are going to defend other people from accusation they consider unjust or invalid or flawed or hateful or whatever even if they don't know who the guy is really because of the range that if people vote for someone based on such arguments may just be a townie after all, and they are more likely to be townies due to the nature of such arguments, in fact, people may defend other people from accusations for really bad reasons, even if the accusations are really good ones there just might still be people who aren't thinking about this logically and still defend that guy. People will defend other people because those people defended them earlier but that won't make them scum. Heck, it might be that the only reason I the only reason I defended Brickolodeon was because she hasn't voted against me, (It isn't, I did genuinely think that that comment was hateful, but hey, this thing in parenthesis might be a lie.) in fact, town alliances could start due to such defenses.

By the way, earlier you mentioned that you had a really lone list of suspects but you haven't said anything since, will you tell us some more about it?

God I take ages to type, like 20 replies have been typed in the time it takes me to type this. :look:

Unvote: Lord Duvors (Lord Duvors)

I was only joking. Anyway, up till now I haven't been taking this very seriously and I haven't really contributed that much to the discussion, I'll try not to joke around as much any more :blush: . Seeing as there's no edits and I consistantly fail to proof read myself so things can be read with malicious intent when I am just being an idiot. Like the witchcraft thing earlier.

What you are saying is correct, it is a poor justification and very cheap/jerkish.

Anyway, the reason people are bandwagonning onto you Duvors, is that you, like myself, sometimes say things that can be taken the wrong way. And hence offence can be taken.

Okay thank you for clearing that up, It's okay now, and thanks for the advice. :thumbup:

And this teaches up a valuable lesson, don't metagame or vote due to events outside of the mafia game you're currently playing, it just make people angry. :wink:

Wow, that took ages to type and no one posted anything while I was doing that.

It's not your role to help them or to answer them, stop and think about it, what if the advice you have been giving or answers you have provided have helped scum be more town?

Hm. Here I thought this was a school game and helping the new guys out would be a good thing. Besides, I'm sure the scum have some experience on their side helping them in the scumboard, so why not help the town in public since that's all we've got at this point? I suppose I could coach others in PMs but that'd be suspicious behavior.

Why does everyone think I'm a Doctor all of a sudden? I never even claimed to be one at all but I'm not going to lie and say that the Doctor is my role because it would be foolish for the real Doctor to come out five minutes later and say he is, if he's being truthful, and have being a "liar" another trait against me? Yes, my role is the stupid vanilla townie but who would believe it? Everyone would say the same thing and there would be nineteen vanilla townies and there would clearly be liars. Being honest here might be the stupid approach but I refuse to lie about a role that I was never assigned. Hopefully this is the last thing I have to say for a while because this is really getting confusing and frustrating.

Glad that the bandwagon on you is over, now that you've come to your senses :) And vanilla is not stupid - MOST people are vanilla and are flat out critical to the town winning. Yes, the cop/doc/vig/whatever are helpful, but they really don't contribute much till late in the game once they've had time to find other trusted people and start sharing info. Don't expect any results from investigations or such until at least day 3.

And VERY MUCH thank you for clearing up the doctor misunderstanding. I assume you do see why I (and others) assumed what you said was a doc claim?

Vote: Furry (Jamesn)

No real reason, I just can't bring myself to vote for Goliath at this point.

Seriously? There's gotta be more reason behind a vote than this.

Hey, I thought we weren't supposed to teach people in this game? Isn't that what you told me earlier?

Ok, now for all the latest voting. Captain, Lind, Lord, Richila, and Goliath - you've all made votes that were unsupported. Even if you're just voting for someone that many others are and for the same reason they've said, you still need to give your reason. That's critical info for the days ahead. We need to look back and see who voted for who and why.

Oh, and as for defending others...

People need to pay close attention to WHY defending is being done. For example, when I was defending Goliath during the bandwagon, I was careful to always argue against the bandwagon, not defend the person. It had NOTHING to do with Goliath, everything to do with HOW the votes were happening.

Yep I agree with you, and if you remember I did mention the day one invalidity of the scenario in the post I made it. But look, people are going to defend other people from accusation they consider unjust or invalid or flawed or hateful or whatever even if they don't know who the guy is really because of the range that if people vote for someone based on such arguments may just be a townie after all, and they are more likely to be townies due to the nature of such arguments, in fact, people may defend other people from accusations for really bad reasons, even if the accusations are really good ones there just might still be people who aren't thinking about this logically and still defend that guy. People will defend other people because those people defended them earlier but that won't make them scum. Heck, it might be that the only reason I the only reason I defended Brickolodeon was because she hasn't voted against me, (It isn't, I did genuinely think that that comment was hateful, but hey, this thing in parenthesis might be a lie.) in fact, town alliances could start due to such defenses.

By the way, earlier you mentioned that you had a really lone list of suspects but you haven't said anything since, will you tell us some more about it?

I think I was pretty clear in my finger pointing. I re-read everything and it seems my vote is best placed with you.

I'm suspicious of everyone, I don't know you or who you are and how you 'play'.

Ok, now for all the latest voting. Captain, Lind, Lord, Richila, and Goliath - you've all made votes that were unsupported. Even if you're just voting for someone that many others are and for the same reason they've said, you still need to give your reason. That's critical info for the days ahead. We need to look back and see who voted for who and why.

That's a really good point, as I really have no reason to vote for anyone at the moment;

Unvote: Jamesn (Jamesn)

There, now to wait to see what those guys do.