Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hannibal Joost

AWESOME Pirate layout at Ch'ti Brick show in France!

Hi Montoumes!

Thank you for sharing these photos, I have added some to your first post to help draw attention to this thread.

The Ch'ti Brick show has quite a good pirate presence!

Thanks Mister Phes!

Yer welcome!

Yes, that's the first show and I was the only one to display Pirates/POTC Lego, but we have discussed of a future collaborative MOC for the next show (It may be much bigger!)

So these are all your MOCs?

Yes :) (My MOCs and some official sets)

Very nice! thumbup.gif You alone have succeeded to give LEGO Pirates very good representation.

we have discussed of a future collaborative MOC for the next show (It may be much bigger!)

Do you have a date and venue for the next show? Or is that too far in the future?

Very nice! thumbup.gif You alone have succeeded to give LEGO Pirates very good representation.

Thank you :)

Do you have a date and venue for the next show? Or is that too far in the future?

Not sure at this time. We think of one big show per year, but probably smaller ones will come in the same region (our association brings people from 250 km around). If you're interested (and other people from classic-pirate and/or eurobricks), I can send informations each time ?

Excellent work! The volcano is amazing. I really like the colorscheme on your fort, the tan and white go well together. Keep up the good work!

Not sure at this time. We think of one big show per year, but probably smaller ones will come in the same region (our association brings people from 250 km around). If you're interested (and other people from classic-pirate and/or eurobricks), I can send informations each time ?

Sure, keep us updated and we can help advertise or find possibly collaborators for future Pirate displays.

Speaking of which, how many collaborators have you got for the future?

Speaking of which, how many collaborators have you got for the future?

One for sure, one almost sure (will make pirate theme, but not sure if he'll join the collaborative work), and possibly 2 or 3 others (depending on the others themes they are working on)

Nice MOCs and collection. I really like that volcano!pirate_satisfied.gif

Too bad there aren't any conventions like that in southern France... or at least I didn't heard of them pirate_sceptic.gif

Too bad there aren't any conventions like that in southern France... or at least I didn't heard of them pirate_sceptic.gif

Maybe it's time for a trip north!

One for sure, one almost sure (will make pirate theme, but not sure if he'll join the collaborative work), and possibly 2 or 3 others (depending on the others themes they are working on)

Perhaps you could meet up with Bob De Quatre one day and organise something...

Note sure I'm good at organizing something, but why not ;)

You organised the Pirate display at the Chi'ti Brick show, so all you'd be doing is chatting with Bob and seeing what the two of you could come up with.

While I'm really interested in the Pirates theme, I'm not a pirate builder! I'd just love seeing a great pirate's display with my own eyes pirate_classic.gif

Maybe it's time for a trip north!

No no no! It's cold in the north! Winter is coming...

You'll have to convince Montoumes to travel south then. pirate_laugh2.gif

While I'm really interested in the Pirates theme, I'm not a pirate builder! I'd just love seeing a great pirate's display with my own eyes pirate_classic.gif

"Winter is coming" :p No problem, Bob, but we can probably meet one day ;)

You'll have to convince Montoumes to travel south then. pirate_laugh2.gif

Why not... :p But if I move, it'll probably on the west shore, where the french forts are :)

This is great! I love the volcano! I saw this on flickr yesterday I believe and was going to blog it. Glad it's on the schedule already!

Why not... :p But if I move, it'll probably on the west shore, where the french forts are :)

Are there any impressive forts? Forts upon which MOCs could be based?

Are there any impressive forts? Forts upon which MOCs could be based?

Some of them are really inspiring, but it's probably hours and hours of design and work to do with Lego :) :

https://www.google.fr/search?q=la+rochelle&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FqZgU9WiC4jPOdCmgdAM&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1180&bih=761&dpr=1

https://www.google.fr/search?q=la+rochelle&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FqZgU9WiC4jPOdCmgdAM&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1180&bih=761&dpr=1#q=saint+malo&tbm=isch

https://www.google.fr/search?q=fort+boyard&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=pKZgU-yBO4LZOa6bgIgM&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1180&bih=761

This is great! I love the volcano! I saw this on flickr yesterday I believe and was going to blog it. Glad it's on the schedule already!

Thank you yys4u :)

Ah! Nothing like a good diorama! The vulcano is very well done, and I'm really fond of the fort, but it's the huuge pirate ship I like best.

Chapeau for this spectacular boost for pirates, great work!