Sign in to follow this  
Wat Tambor

[SoNE free build] Nar Shaddaa Night Club Encounter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This build is meant to be a free build and shows the first mission of my SoNE caracter.

I would like to have this free build judged.

9564146630_9ac0031964.jpg

"Well, it's great to be back on Nar Shaddaa after all those years I spent in the training camps of the Imperial Army.

Here, the place where my career started. Back in the time, the Galactic Republic existed I used to work for a very powerful Hutt Clan.

At first it was just odd work, such as selling killersticks in night clubs and bars. Then it got worse, I've done things no I'm not proud of,

I've killed, stolen and smuggled. But did I have a chance? Not really, if I had refused the Hutts would have killed me or even worse...

...but someday I realized that I could not go on with this any longer and decided to do a moonlight flit.

After my adventures as a criminal, I decided to join the armed forces of the Galactic Empire.

The pay was good an a man of my kind, with combat experience, the army could use at any time.

But back to the here and there, the reason why I'm back on the planet of Nar Shaddaa - According to the reports of Imperial spies,

there is a Bothan smuggler who alledegly procured weapons for the Rebel Alliance on the planet. They say he is in a night club,

so I guess tonight he'll have his last drink."

The objective of the mission: Eliminate the smuggler for his collaboration with the Rebel Alliance.

9561358457_bc78518988_z.jpg9564150032_2ab7cd3c7f_z.jpg

9564164788_eac0d603a9_z.jpg

So this is my first Star Wars and sci-fi build after a quite long time, so please don't be too harsh. :classic:

I think you recreate the feeling of tavern quite well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice build! I like the curve with the stacked plates and the doorway. And you can never go wrong with a pole dancer... :laugh::thumbup:

For pole dancer, I prefer a twi'lek :tongue:

It's a nice build, I like the stacked curve design and the bar, also the droid bartender !

You've done a great job with the run-down feel of this building; the alley conveys just the right mood of the scene to the viewer, and then you've got all the fantastic details and architectural elements like the big arch and the doorway and the equipment behind the bar. :drool: I do think that maybe the floor might be a little too bright and cheerful-looking, with the large amounts of bright red that should look more faded and dirty for a floor in a night club on Nar Shaddaa. I think some dark tan might look good there, making it look more dirty and also avoiding taking too much attention away from other elements in the MOC.

Thank you for the positive comments. :classic:

I think you recreate the feeling of tavern quite well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you. :classic:

I think it looks really good, maybe it could be a little more dirty and seedy, but otherwise really nice

Yeah, maybe I should have left out the red tiles and added more grey or brownish ones instead.

Thank you for the suggestion for improvement! :thumbup: I'll keep that in mind for some future creations.

Nice build! I like the curve with the stacked plates and the doorway. And you can never go wrong with a pole dancer... :laugh::thumbup:

Thank you.

The curve was unintentionally created when I got the LEGO Kingdoms Chess set. I played around with the black plates and the curve was the outcome.

For pole dancer, I prefer a twi'lek :tongue:

It's a nice build, I like the stacked curve design and the bar, also the droid bartender !

And so do I, but unfortunatelly I don't own any Twi'leks. At least not at the moment, but I think about getting Oola from Jabba's palace sooner or later.

Edited by Wat Tambor

Hahaha. I love the pole dancer and the pilot dude handing her a 100.

A little darker would make it look seedier, and yeah replacing the red tiles with brown would help a lot. But a great MOC nonetheless.

Apart from what's been said, I have a little complaint over the minifigs. they don't look too Star Warish to me or at least they don't look consistent enough (apart from the pole dancer - which could also skip the gloves, but orange hands don't exist). Don't be afraid to swap some hands and / or arms, you can create very cool figures that way. For example the bearded guy would look a lot better with yellow hands and maybe differend legs. The "zombie" guy is also too colorful and could use some change. Else the build is really nice and smooth and I like the narrow stairway, which gives you the feeling you're going somewhere deep underground.

So that's what Asoka was doing during the galactic civil war, what a shame :wink: , you depict really good the SW underworld :thumbup: , that bothan got quite a surprise.

Hahaha. I love the pole dancer and the pilot dude handing her a 100.

A little darker would make it look seedier, and yeah replacing the red tiles with brown would help a lot. But a great MOC nonetheless.

Yeah, that has been mentioned before.

Nonetheless thank you for commenting. :classic:

Apart from what's been said, I have a little complaint over the minifigs. they don't look too Star Warish to me or at least they don't look consistent enough (apart from the pole dancer - which could also skip the gloves, but orange hands don't exist). Don't be afraid to swap some hands and / or arms, you can create very cool figures that way. For example the bearded guy would look a lot better with yellow hands and maybe differend legs. The "zombie" guy is also too colorful and could use some change. Else the build is really nice and smooth and I like the narrow stairway, which gives you the feeling you're going somewhere deep underground.

Thank you, I appreciate your criticism.

I'll keep that in mind and I promise the minifigures in my next SW related build will be more authentic. At least I'll try. :wink:

This is pretty cool! I'd love to hang out here, especially with that trippy floor pattern. :sweet:

Thank you.

So that's what Asoka was doing during the galactic civil war, what a shame :wink: , you depict really good the SW underworld :thumbup: , that bothan got quite a surprise.

Thank you.

Yes, I watched episode II some days ago to get a glimpse what a night club in the Star Wars universe looks like.

Glad you like it. :sweet:

I didn't notice all the details behind the bar until Brickdoctor pointed it out, stellar stuff! Gotta get my eyes checked...

I disagree with the negative comment about the minifigures. I thought they fit perfectly in a SW nightclub. My favorite is in fact the 1 eyed bearded guy. I love your use of the Hobbit dwarf hairpiece. Good job!

Don't get me wrong, their ideas are allright, but the execution is a bit sloppy. First, who wears a helmet in a bar watching a pole dance? Second, there's 7 figures in the bar (including Stormtrooper and the robot) and all you see is dbley and black hands as if everyone wore the same gloves ... well it's this small details that bothers me, of course you might see it differently.

Don't get me wrong, their ideas are allright, but the execution is a bit sloppy. First, who wears a helmet in a bar watching a pole dance? Second, there's 7 figures in the bar (including Stormtrooper and the robot) and all you see is dbley and black hands as if everyone wore the same gloves ... well it's this small details that bothers me, of course you might see it differently.

I guess we'll just have to take our differences to the building field ;)