becauseBATMAN

[MOC] Bruce Wayne vs Kyodai Ken [Night of the Ninja + Day of the Samur

Hello everyone,

This double-sided MOC was inspired from "Night of the Ninja" and "Day of the Samurai" - 2 episodes from Batman The Animated Series.

Kyodai Ken's profile = www.dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Kyodai_Ken

"Night of the Ninja" episode = www.dubbed-scene.com/batman-animated-series-35-night-ninja

"Day of the Samurai" episode = www.dubbed-scene.com/batman-animated-series-44-day-samurai

I really love these 2 episodes because they explored Bruce Wayne's past during his time in Japan and they featured a villain, Kyodai Ken, who gave Batman a real challenge :grin:

The first side of this MOC is a Japanese dojo setting where Kyodai Ken is trying to steal Yoru sensei's katana blade. The blade is over 500 years old and very valuable - luckily Bruce catches Kyodai in the act:

9105140534_448a72ea71_o.jpg

9106503336_5cb7218507_o.jpg

9105134774_258fd50fb5_o.jpg

9102916545_471b419302_o.jpg

-- Spear-rack and Japanese Gong

9102908059_16456cc31c_o.jpg

9105134278_8846ef7a8f_o.jpg

-- Yoru sensei's katana blades. Kyodai is kicked out of the Dojo and this event creates Kyodai's life-long grudge against Bruce

9102908475_96556c9ab8_o.jpg

-- Samurai armor displays

-- The other side of the MOC has the final fight between Bruce and Kyodai near a volcano on Mt. Kijiki

9104931638_1095e1409b_o.jpg

-- Kyodai lures Bruce to Mt. Kijiki by kidnapping Alfred

9106470924_fb11b82f28_o.jpg

-- They agree to fight "man to man", without their masks

9105149146_c542d40b96_o.jpg

9102921969_5f23abc0f9_o.jpg

9106470136_4fa0861e21_o.jpg

-- Alfred watches on "wish I had a cup of tea..." :blush:

-- The volcano explosions cause the mountain to break apart and Kyodai is stuck on a piece of rock, surrounded by lava

9105140324_cb734333a6_o.jpg

-- Bruce throws a lined Batarang over to Kyodai, trying to save his life

9105146562_628d0ba7b7_o.jpg

9105146074_44e6448dfd_o.jpg

9124017288_27b3f9cc33_o.jpg

-- Accepting defeat and overwhelmed with Bruce's willingness to save his life, Kyodai bows respectfully...

9124017734_15f442fb22_o.jpg

-- And disappears after an explosion

9124016186_1f8c55766f_o.jpg

9105140432_655058b590_o.jpg

9104244767_ac78324435_o.jpg

9104247437_a1fabd08c6_o.jpg

9106503336_5cb7218507_o.jpg

9124018216_dda682f266_o.jpg

Thanks for looking! Comments and suggestions are welcome

Edited by becauseBATMAN

I'm actually watching TAS as I'm looking at these, (I'm on Tyger Tyger at the moment, and watched Night of the Ninja earlier) and this MOC is really impressive. Sometimes looking at the MOC's on this forum make me wish I could make one.

Wow dude! This is one of my favourite of yours, love the double sided combination- the shapes work really well together and the Volcano looks so recognisable. I'm a big fan of a good rockface haha!

Keep up the great work!

Edited by kissyfur_ok

Fantastic work; Flawless details! I'm a huge fan of Batman:TAS - it was my go-to cartoon as a kid growing up.

I'd love to see you recreate an episode that includes the Joker. Perhaps "The Laughing Fish" - one of my favorites.

I love this double sided MOC of awsomeness ! The dojo part is particularly well done, and I just love the Japanese artwork,too. :sweet:

This is great. I'm not familiar with the storyline but you seem to have done an excellent job of capturing the look and feel of the source material. I really like that the two scenes are contained within the same MOC as well. The lava is particularly impressive. Are there lightling effects or is it just yellow and red plates underneath the trans studs? Great work!

Gee, you keep yourself busy 'becauseBATMAN' don't you eh ? :laugh:

AWESOME double sided MOC, excellent dojo and lava pit........Bat-Brick On 'becauseBATMAN' ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Amazing.

LEGO should hire you to make a movie or motion picture.

Thanks! Working for their Super Heroes dept. would be a dream job :wub:

I'm actually watching TAS as I'm looking at these, (I'm on Tyger Tyger at the moment, and watched Night of the Ninja earlier) and this MOC is really impressive. Sometimes looking at the MOC's on this forum make me wish I could make one.

Thanks! Batman TAS is one of the greatest cartoon series ever made... you'll really enjoy the rest of the episodes

Wow dude! This is one of my favourite of yours, love the double sided combination- the shapes work really well together and the Volcano looks so recognisable. I'm a big fan of a good rockface haha!

Keep up the great work!

Thank you! I was really worried about the rock while building honestly, luckily it came out alright!

Fantastic work; Flawless details! I'm a huge fan of Batman:TAS - it was my go-to cartoon as a kid growing up.

I'd love to see you recreate an episode that includes the Joker. Perhaps "The Laughing Fish" - one of my favorites.

Batman TAS was the greatest growing up! yeahh I really need to do something with the Joker.. maybe i'll get started on something later today :sweet:

I love this double sided MOC of awsomeness ! The dojo part is particularly well done, and I just love the Japanese artwork,too. :sweet:

too bad photobucket is being lame

I would like to see this

Thanks!

Grazingcattle - the pics should be working now

This is great. I'm not familiar with the storyline but you seem to have done an excellent job of capturing the look and feel of the source material. I really like that the two scenes are contained within the same MOC as well. The lava is particularly impressive. Are there lightling effects or is it just yellow and red plates underneath the trans studs? Great work!

Thank you! It was my first time building Lego lava lol. Naw, no lighting effects. I used red plates underneath and lined the sides with yellow plates. Next I covered everything with transparent red, orange, and fire/flame pieces.

Gee, you keep yourself busy 'becauseBATMAN' don't you eh ? :laugh:

AWESOME double sided MOC, excellent dojo and lava pit........Bat-Brick On 'becauseBATMAN' ! :grin:

Another great MOC from the greatest ever Batman series. I love the lava, and the double-sided scene is fantastic. Keep them coming!

Thank you :grin:

great diorama! i loved this show when I was a kid, it had a great visual style the animators called "Dark Deco" i think... i hope to see another Batman TAS MOC from you in the future great work. :classic: