Prelude to Darkness

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:19 AM

"Two months ago news of the search for the crystal came to Albion, the Explorers were deployed in the hunt, in parallel with this mission, smaller groups were sent to the edges of Kaliphlin and the Enchanted Forest, for the cause of  inconclusive reports and veteran men lost without a trace."

A small group on the border of Kaliphlin...

Posted Image
Daranion-Aren`t you excited about this quest Eldris?
Eldris-Yes my Lord, if Avalonia founds their crystal and the rest of Historica does its part as well it will signify the birth of a new era in wich all doubts, war rumors and darkness will be gone from these lands, and also honored to have the chance to serve such a notorious personality as yours.
Daranion-Yes of course, you should, I will be on the next days, after this "mission" is over promoted to the Flight of Dragons, given my nobility title that was the least expected but even more as a head on the new house I will construct a prestigious group of elite fighters as my father always dreamed about, I will inform Lord Arfelan of your transfer to my unit also, he will surely accept, as my right birth is higher than any title he has at the moment or could have in the future.
Eldris-I thank the opportunity but have to let it pass my Lord, I already serve under the Dragon Banner on Albion and that duty is something you can´t abandon. Right Newren?
Newren-Indeed.
Daranion-Well as a common soldier as you are Newren it is the honor of a lifetime, indeed.
But you as a noble Eldris, are meant for higher purposes, at my side.
In any case is such a waste of damned resources sending a man so prominent as myself to this arid land, meanwhile Arfelan goes to the Enchanted Forest, if I were at his side, or at command everything would be solved efficiently and quicker.
Newren-Well you know what the saying is: don´t put all your eggs in one basket, if you drops the basket you will be left with nothing.
I am sure we can handle this situation.
Daranion-You will direct to me as my Lord, or I shall see if those elvish blades you have will serve as an ornament on my house once I deal with you, understood?
Newren-Yes, my Lord. ¬¬
Eldris-Building on sight.

Posted Image
Daranion-What is that?
Newren-Could not tell.
One thing is certain, is not in the maps.
Eldris-Men, prepare to explore it.
Explorers-As you command my Lady.
Newren-Form a single column on both sides of the door, we shall enter with the a phoenix formation.

Posted Image
Daranion-A moment I am the head of this group, I give the orders.
Half of the men will remain on the entrance to guard our back and the horses, the rest with us.
Eldris-Is it wise to divide forces?
We dont know what is on the inside.
Daranion-Well you know what the saying is dear: don´t put all your eggs in one basket. ;)
Newren-  :hmpf:
Ok, my Lord you are the head of this group, lead the way.

Posted Image
Newren-Nice interiors.
Is just these statues give me a bad feeling. Be on your guard men.
Explorer-Nice way to guard a place, with statues, this mission is a piece of cake...  :laugh:
Eldris-These are not statues, seem more like some sort of golem, but I could not tell for sure, this place has no real connection to the region we are, I mean there are some Avalonian elements, besides the general Kaliphlin design, but there is something more...
Daranion-Maybe some kind of elvish building...
Eldris-Seems too old for been elvish...
Newren-And evil...

Posted Image
Daranion-I have found the crystal.  there are markings. It's some form of Elvish, I can't read it...
Eldris-There are few who can.
Daranion-It doesn´t really matter I will take it all the same. And that golden statue too.
Explorer-Argh¡
Newren-Oh oh, we have troubles people.
To arms men, to arms¡
Eldris-Daranion, Watch out¡

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

#2 Angeli

Angeli

• Drow Master Builder

Member: 14156

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

I love arhitecture and playing with arches ;)

#3 soccerkid6

soccerkid6

• Mitgardia's moccing machine

Member: 20775

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

Interesting use of arches  :thumbup:  
Is there more to the story? Seems like a strange place to end it...
Sir Glorfindel of Mitgardia, Architect Regent of Valholl, Officer of Valholl, Treasurer of the Valholl Mason's guild, Economic Titan, Knight of Valholl, Mason Teacher in the Guilds of Historica
Here is my website: http://brickbuilt.org
My flickr: link
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

John 14:6, Jesus answered, "I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

#4 Ecclesiastes

Ecclesiastes

• Master of "da hood"

Member: 17645

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

Indeed, the things you did with the arches look very interesting. Also the roman helmets are a good combination with your soldiers!

Got Questions? Need help? New member?
Read the site guidelines | Index of helpful tutorials | Eurobricks FAQ

Posted Image
There's a time for tearing down and a time for building. - Ecclesiastes

My Flickr

#5 Rook

Rook

• BW2013 MEGA Creation "Winner"

Member: 2903

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

Most of this MOC is pretty simple but what you’ve done with the arch pieces is awesome! :thumbup:
Posted Image
Signature by RΟΟK, on Flickr

#6 Niku

Niku

• Wants two initials

Member: 14912

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:55 AM

Thanks for the comments guys  :sweet:  , really appreciate them and taking notice for the constructive critic and advice, I always have wanted to tried some things I had in mind with arches and this contest was on the right moment to start experiment their usage.
I hope in the future to find new forms to build with them and watching other entries have already given me some ideas.
Greetings.  :classic:

Posted Image

Spoiler

#7 de Gothia

de Gothia

• Still really, really, REALLY wants to join Nocturnus.

Member: 18035

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Those arches are really great Niku! Must be a pain to keep them in place and set them up!  :laugh: You are improving with your building skills and this moc has a very "Niku" feeling to it!  :classic:

de Gothia of Avalonia

My Flickr

#8 Rogue Angel

Rogue Angel

• No Longer Suffering From Male Pattern Baldness

Member: 4711

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

I agree, the arch work is pretty cool.  You also always do a good job with your color scheme, and the story was interesting as well.

Lord Varis of the Rustling Leaves Clan within the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia

Posted Image   Posted Image   Posted Image Posted Image

#9 Gabe

Gabe

• Green capital G

Member: 12135

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:16 AM

Very unusual looking constructions with the arches Niku, it really makes the building  stand out. The black and white stripes around the exterior at the front also look quite romanesque, which seems appropriate for the border of Avalonia and Kaliphlin! I like your avenue of statues as well. Nice entry, best of luck!  :classic:
Erudhalion Sansael for Kaliphlin! Peregrinus for Kaliphlin!
Posted Image  Posted Image  Posted Image   Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users