thewatchman

Unofficial Modular Building Resources

hey guys,

ive spent a while building my modular city and for me, one release a year is five too few.

iv seen so many good ones that i wish to add to my collection, and while i build my own modular, i was wondering if anyone knew of a site with building guides or instructions for there own modular buildings?

would love to find out...

Well you can usually find some nice modular buildings instructions on Ebay. Some of the buildings i've also seen here on Eurobricks. I'm sure there are better sites that someone else knows of. Well hope that helps. :sweet:

Well you can usually find some nice modular buildings instructions on Ebay. Some of the buildings i've also seen here on Eurobricks. I'm sure there are better sites that someone else knows of. Well hope that helps. :sweet:

yeah im thinking of buying a set or two from ebay, but i often build for techniques and style and i dont wanna buy a set before knowing the complexity of the build, guess im greedy,

yeah im thinking of buying a set or two from ebay, but i often build for techniques and style and i dont wanna buy a set before knowing the complexity of the build, guess im greedy,

Hahaha, I see what you mean. I guess im greedy too. :laugh:

LEGO themselves had a guide describing the standard on their website, but they took it down. I do remember a few of the rules though.

-They need to be on a baseplate/ a combination of baseplates that is a multiple of 16 studs wide and that is 32 studs deep.

-The sidewalk/pavement needs to be 7-9 studs deep, with a light blueish grey kerb.

-The technic bricks in the sides, for connecting them, need to sit with the centre of their holes at 10 studs from the front and back edges of the plate.

-the recommended height per floor is 7-9 bricks.

Cheers,

Ralph

I've built a few buildings from other people's instructions, so I can provide a few answers. Try here:

BrickBuildersPro

Brick City Depot

Yoni Levi's custom building instructions (from eBay)

I can vouch for all three, these are good sellers who sell nice instructions to very good buildings. In my opinion, they're worth paying for.

Edit: I felt I should include this one as well:

Dustin Crops Blocks (from eBay)

I haven't tried any instructions from this seller, and none of them are really modulars, but they look quite nice and he does have a clean feedback record.

Edited by L@go

Watchman, please use proper capitalization in your sentences. Refer to the English skills and Clarity of the Member Guidelines.

In regards to your topic,

Have you tried creating your own designs of Modular buildings? If you have, you should share them with us in a new topic.

Otherwise if you are interested in creating your own designs, you should check out the Modular Building sections of the Building and Town MOC Index to get ideas and inspiration. :thumbup: There are A LOT of great MOCs in this index.

Otherwise if you are interested in creating your own designs, you should check out the Modular Building sections of the Building and Town MOC Index to get ideas and inspiration. :thumbup: There are A LOT of great MOCs in this index.

I really don't want to sound rude, as Hinckley has a TON on his plate, but that index hasn't been updated in probably close to 3 years now. There have been dozens if not hundreds of great modulars posted on this board since that time that are not represented.

Not to steer this off-topic, but I would also be interested if anyone has good references to CREATE building instructions. Some of the ones linked to by L@go look as good as the real thing, and I bet more people would try their hand at diagramming if they knew how to do it. :classic:

I've never seen a guide as-such, but looking through the instruction booklets of the official modular sets can be great inspiration. If you don't have any of the sets (or haven't opened any of them yet, like myself :blush: ), you can find the instructions on LEGO.com in the customer service section.

If you want to find out more about the complexity of a set's build, you can even use those instructions to build the set on Lego Digital Designer. It's a great way to preview before you buy!

hey guys,

ive spent a while building my modular city and for me, one release a year is five too few.

iv seen so many good ones that i wish to add to my collection, and while i build my own modular, i was wondering if anyone knew of a site with building guides or instructions for there own modular buildings?

would love to find out...

Please capitalize the beginnings of sentences and the word "I." This is not a cell phone and your account will be suspended if you continue to use textspeak. Thank you.

I really don't want to sound rude, as Hinckley has a TON on his plate, but that index hasn't been updated in probably close to 3 years now. There have been dozens if not hundreds of great modulars posted on this board since that time that are not represented.\

It's been a little less than 2 years since the last update and our new Regulator, Phred, is working on an update now. It looks fantastic.

I am entirely new to the modular build, and am interested on the best way to get started. I have bought the Grand Emporium, and some directions of of a known auction site. I have also seen excellent work on Brick City Depot and Brick Builders Pro. Does any one have any other sites where I can find directions for builds or great ideas on how to learn to build these creations? Thank you everyone for your input.

You're not the first one to ask these questions, and you're probably not going to be the last.

Try this topic. Or the 'search' function... :)

You're not the first one to ask these questions, and you're probably not going to be the last.

Try this topic. Or the 'search' function... :)

Thanks L@go. I have seen a number of your creations around here, and they look great..