Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Bandito Brothers

I've been looking at the wonderful torsos from Star Wars set 7113 Tusken Raiders thinking that they might make good outlaw figs. Adding a few Orient Expedition faces and an Indy bag and hat to the scene (as well as a few Indian horses because of the decorative blanket designs), the result is Bandito Brothers:

4189581862_7170f51513_o.jpg

Really nice selection of parts to build this 'set'. They really fit the theme, as do the native American horses. The guy in the front is my favorite.

Great! Another EB member called Apache did this some time ago. That creation is part of the Western MOCs in the historic theme index and library. Unfortunately, the links to his photos do not seem to work anymore which might have to do with the photos being linked to a brickshelf- and flickr-like photo webhosting site called www.maj.com which seems to be gone. :cry_sad:

Edit: the photo of the Mexican outlaws was on photobucket but is gone nonetheless.

Edited by jamtf

Edit: the photo of the Mexican outlaws was on photobucket but is gone nonetheless.

Hello!

I think one image survived. :classic: But I guess we shouldn't do thread hijacking, so back on topic. :classic:

I think these two Bandits are a great enrichment for the Mexican theme line. Minifigure sets have been released for almost all themes, so it's great to have theme for custom themes as well! The choice of minifigure heads is perfect, and I guess you have a large collection of sorted heads. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Too bad that TLC - unlike Playmobil - never came to the idea of making Mexican inhabitants with sombrero's and poncho's etc. On the other hand, with Lego it is always possible to create something out of the pieces that are available. :cry_happy:

Edited by jamtf

I think they're a little too tan. Maybe some dark blue pants?

Steve

I like the use of the Native American horses. The feather is a little out of place maybe, but those blankets look good with the figures.

Just 2 dudes on horses...

And you felt the need to come visit my Mexican Village just to tell me this. Why would you even bother? -but thanks for the constructive feedback. :wink:

And you felt the need to come visit my Mexican Village just to tell me this. Why would you even bother? -but thanks for the constructive feedback. :wink:

He don't get me wrong I really like your buildings.

Edited by repubilcFORCES