SavaTheAggie

Cry of the Ancients

indexed.gif

Cry of the Ancients

2353434398_9365ab929a_m.jpg

Gallery

A small band of vikings find themselves trespassing on sacred ground.

This was meant to be at night, so I was having fun with lighting. Here's more or less the same shot with proper lighting:

2353434890_2562b37db8_m.jpg

--Tony

Nice work. Well done on collecting so many skellies!

Love the night shot, it adds to the atmosphere. You should try putting some tea-light candles behind the structures and photographing it that way.

Great stuff.

Brilliant use of lighting, and positioning, I think that there should have been more vikings though, just a few.

That is really well done, good job! I love the way you have done the lighting, it is very clever, how it focuses attention to the center and then makes the stones in the shadows seem bigger and the skellies seem more threatening. *sweet* Beautiful, really stunning! *y*

I particularly like the way you built the stones so no studs are showing, they look just like your stereotypical stone circle stones. X-D

Very creepy scene, how on Earth did you manage to get your hands on so many skeletons! X-O X-D That Stone Henge looks great, and the photography and lighting is awesome! *y*

~Peace

What a marvelous scenery and pretty scary indeed.... *y*

I'd hate to be a Viking in that situation :'-(

So the Vikings stumbled across a Breton Druid stone circle, cool! 8-�

Love the lighting and the creepiness. X-D

Nice work. Well done on collecting so many skellies!

Love the night shot, it adds to the atmosphere. You should try putting some tea-light candles behind the structures and photographing it that way.

Great stuff.

Thanks! I went crazy many years ago buy skellies back when Ikros had a necromancer as a main villain. There are over 100 skeletons in that scene. The tea-light candles aren't a bad idea, except as current I don't have much room on my build table and I'd be afraid I'd be at risk of setting my curtains on fire!

Brilliant use of lighting, and positioning, I think that there should have been more vikings though, just a few.

Thanks! Well, there are three fallen vikings in the scene, but I was trying to go for the most desperate and one-sided looking battle as possible, and I was afraid too many viking figs would crowd the inner circle too much.

That is really well done, good job! I love the way you have done the lighting, it is very clever, how it focuses attention to the center and then makes the stones in the shadows seem bigger and the skellies seem more threatening. *sweet* Beautiful, really stunning! *y*

I particularly like the way you built the stones so no studs are showing, they look just like your stereotypical stone circle stones. X-D

Wow, thanks a lot! I really love playing with lighting, I've used this flashlight technique many times in the past.

Very creepy scene, how on Earth did you manage to get your hands on so many skeletons! X-O X-D That Stone Henge looks great, and the photography and lighting is awesome! *y*

~Peace

Thanks a lot! As I said above, I just went crazy for a while. Troy's Surplus LEGO (or whatever he's calling his store now) had a really good price on them, and he gave me a further discount cause I offered to buy him out (at the time).

Very nice, and quite creepy!

Thanks!

What a marvelous scenery and pretty scary indeed.... *y*

Thanks!

I'd hate to be a Viking in that situation :'-(

So the Vikings stumbled across a Breton Druid stone circle, cool! 8-�

Love the lighting and the creepiness. X-D

Revenge of the Durids! Hehe... I have to admit that Nelson Yrizarry gave me the idea for an battle scene with skeletons at stonehenge, but the idea of a Viking raiding party stumbling upon them just tickled me.

Thanks!

--Tony

Very nice. I like it how you use the loose armed skeletons as opposed to the new robotic armed ones. There's something more unnerving about a hundred ambling skeletons shuffling towards you.

Good use of your Stonehenge. *y* While the battle is cool on its own, the lighting really makes this creation for me. It makes the skeletons feel even more menacing, and I like how you can't really see them or tell how many there are. ... those poor vikings. *sad*

This picture is now my desktop background.

Very nice. I like it how you use the loose armed skeletons as opposed to the new robotic armed ones. There's something more unnerving about a hundred ambling skeletons shuffling towards you.

Well, to be honest there are a few robot-armed skeletons in there, all in the center as to allow for the posing of weapons. But, obviously they don't stand out too much so I was able to mix them in well.

Woah thats really cool great job *y* Also great job with the lighting!

Thanks!

Good use of your Stonehenge. *y* While the battle is cool on its own, the lighting really makes this creation for me. It makes the skeletons feel even more menacing, and I like how you can't really see them or tell how many there are. ... those poor vikings. *sad*

This picture is now my desktop background.

Thanks, I'm honored! I've always enjoyed playing around with lighting, it's something I think everyone should do from time to time, just to change things up a bit.

--Tony