Sign in to follow this  
Dardanel

[Challenge 2][Cat A] The Koi

By now it should be common knowledge - we're all in grave danger. An unknown menace awaits us.

I was given a task by our great and honorable board. A task I accepted with a heavy heart. Science should be used for the betterment of mankind. Never for destruction (unless not on purpose, of course). I was to build a ship, one of many, that would defend us against this unseen foe. After countless, sleepless hours, I was finally able to finish it. My vision of an (almost) perfect science-ish war(ish)ship. I call it the Koi.

20063033079_54cb4d780d_c.jpg

For those of a more inquiring mind, I leave the full technical design:

20061576120_b93c166b7b_c.jpg

What makes this ship special you ask? Well, I made it, is that not enough? All joking aside, we do not know where the alien armada will attack. We need to be ready for anything. I've tried making an artificial GATE, based on my previous research, but alas - I was not in time. To offset this personal failure I have altered the design of the ship so it could brave faster through the GATEs. It hurt its offensive capabilities too much. I installed mechanisms that would allow it to switch between these modes. The specs describe the battle mode only, so I commit instructions for GATE mode switch mechanism as well.

20061666538_f2a37c8fcf_c.jpg

But, what is a science vessel without a sample collector, that also doubles as a hatch for escape pod?

20241356302_53b24b2625_c.jpg

And, what ship, any ship, is complete without an actual escape pod?

20255510481_38fbdfc188_c.jpg

As you can see - perfection.

P.S. Yes I do wear skin-color gloves. Get over it.

Edited by Dardanel

This guy relates to your fashion! Why stop at skin colour gloves when you can have a skin-coloured bodysuit?

The wing decoration is straightforward but works very nicely :classic: I assume all the little clips help with picking up space-dust for analysis?

i really like the way you connected the wings with those dbg technic pieces (i will be stealing that) and the cockpit seat is great, too.

This guy relates to your fashion! Why stop at skin colour gloves when you can have a skin-coloured bodysuit?

The wing decoration is straightforward but works very nicely :classic: I assume all the little clips help with picking up space-dust for analysis?

Now that's what I call great fashion sense! :D

All those, um, hooks, are for instilling fear into the hearts of our enemies! And also for dust collecting. But let's not get hung up on the details.

Spiky! Really great build - I love all the moving parts! :thumbup:

Thank you : )

i really like the way you connected the wings with those dbg technic pieces (i will be stealing that) and the cockpit seat is great, too.

Thank you! And go ahead :D

Very cool moving parts!

Thank you : )