Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

[CH2] - Roadblock - Category B

Roadblock

Book II - Challenge II – Category B

the complete story

preparing_for_battle_-_0.jpg

The disturbing news of Vessla and Okänd means we have to act fast. Nar’Bilu sends out a reasonable sized legion, under command of Vidkvist, to the road ahead, where the closest exit of the tunnels to Hembrugga surface. Long enough to hold back the Drow and give the elves time to reassemble. The other scouts have reported that the Drow are merging their armies above and under the surface to clear the way to the Enchanted Forest. Nar’Bilu fears a massive slaughter soon to come. When Vidkvist and the elves have taken position and formed a defensive formation, a large amount of Drow exit the dwarven dwellings and surface the bitter sun, they hate so much. They must be eager to conquer Hemresa. Will the elves be able to hold them back long enough?

preparing_for_battle_-_2.jpg

the drow rush through the corridors

preparing_for_battle_-_1.jpg

the elven archers form a defensive position around the exit

preparing_for_battle_-_3.jpg

the blademen and eagles await the drow stampede

Edited by narbilu

Nice work, I like the slopes-up rocks and the landscape. The tunnel is excellent too, but I think the pillars would look better without the blocky pieces in the middle

Cool tunnels, I like how you did the pillars in them :thumbup: The eagle flying in is my favorite part of the above ground scene :classic:

I really like those Drow minifigs! The tunnel generally looks very good as well, but I think the leftmost part could have used another layer or two of bricks between the roof of the tunnel and the ground surface, it looks a bit thin now.

I agree that perhaps it could use a few more bricks in between the tunnel and ground, but this build still looks really cool. The little bit of ruins/man-made stone work around the rocks works really well, it gives it a feel of being an old forgotten entrance to the tunnels. And I love those new circle pieces with the hole used as part of the stone path, they fit perfectly there. I'm going to have to get some of those to use. :sweet:

Nice build Narbilu! It is interesting that you don't seem to have any one particular "viewing angle" for this moc - the viewer has to move around from one side to the other to have a complete understanding of the scene. For that reason, i feel that while all the elements of the build itself are well developed, the way you have shown them is incomplete. I keep wanting a view from the other side of the moc, or from behind the main elf position, for instance. If this side of the moc was meant to be the main viewing angle, then i feel that you should have made the main entrance clearly visible from the front - that is the focus of the drama and tension, after all. :classic:

I do like your drow figures though - kindof like a horde of zombie Draco Malfoy's, perfect! :thumbup: