Sign in to follow this  
Dopplercb

So...is it just me?

I went out today and bought three shelves. And came home and cleared off two already existing shelves. And filled two large bins that I also bought with books that I never ever imagined I'd part with before I discovered legos (I'm selling them later this week and adding the cash to my Lego funds). I did this all simply so I could build something. I have sets piling up and nowhere to put them upon completion.

And I bought a small Lego set today.

Is it just me or do you guys do things like this and have people call you crazy too?

Nobody calls me crazy. Not for that, anyway.

I have tons of unopened sets, and occasionally I'll find a way to clear off more shelf space for displaying a new set. Over Christmas holidays I built two modulars and the Scooby Doo Mystery Mansion. Before that, it was summer since my last "real" build.

I was building things and leaving them all over the garage. Then I cleared one shelf and filled it. Now I have more space to fill. When that is gone, there will be a problem.

Dude i feel you, im running out of space fast and don't have time to go to Ikea :D especially my wall of lego boxes is getting to full.

I generally do not care what people think of my Lego hobby as there are worse hobbies and a lot weirder ones :)

I have a backlog of about 30-40 sets. I too have no place to put them. I have about 10-15 big plastic tubs in the garage full of built sets. One day I'll have an actual LEGO room so I can build my city! Until then, I'll build a set, put it in a new tub and keep going with this vicious cycle...

The typical routine now is when a new set gets assembled, something else has to be taken apart, bagged, and placed into a plastic container with a bunch of other sets. Right now, I have my courthouse MOC, the Brick Bank, and the Mystery Machine assembled and on two shelves. I rearranged space on a bookshelf to barely allow for the Unexpected Gathering set to be place there. I have enough space for one new set next to the Brick Bank. Once that is built, then any other new set is going to require a set being dissassembled. We just simply do not have the space in our house. My hope is the next and final home will have a dedicated room for Lego and other hobbies. Then, I will suddenly have a lot of sets to rebuild.

So no, it is not crazy to try and part with books or rearrange your house to get that one more set in.

I just bought four shelves and brackets on Friday and we're going to mount them hopefully in the morning. I have no place to put any Lego without those shelves going up. I'm out of room again. Three bookshelves full.

Edited by Dopplercb

So far im doing well. I dont normally buy too many large sets, mostly minifigure heavy ones. I just reorganized my storage system for the figures and ive maximized space so ai have plenty of growing room in the years to come.

Vehicle wise im getting close to my limit before I have to either downsize or rethink the larger storage through.