Blake Baer

MOC: Queer Lodgings

Hello all! This year for the CCC over on Classic Castle, I have decided to follow the storyline of the book, The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien, and create scenes of Bilbo's adventures along the way. This is my 3rd scene(The previous 2 can be found in my photostream) and so far my best one. I thought this one was worthy to post on the EB forums so here I am! Anyhow, I'll let you guys peruse around and let me know what you think!

6401049187_ee3b377d8d.jpg13222488615_SPLASH.jpg

13222488696_SPLASH.jpg

Queer Lodgings by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

As I said, that was the 3rd in my series. The first two can be found in my flickr steam. Though actually, I'll post 2 images below.

The first one, Roast Mutton, shows Bilbo's adventure when they are captured by 3 trolls!

6359419625_075ec6c15b.jpg

Roast Mutton by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

Riddles in the Dark, shows Bilbo's riddle game with Gollum, underneath the misty mountains, and with high stakes! :devil:

6384839847_bdc15664a0.jpg

Riddles in the Dark by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

So yea, hopefully this will advertise the CCC as well as the project that I am doing. Any support and encouragement will be highly appreciated. C&C welcome as always.

Thanks mates,

-Blake

Wow that's pretty! Especially love all the trees and plants, and an amazing amount of detail! Very impressed!

Haha I love the Dog and the Pig.

Really great stuff.

I'm extremely impressed at how you took iconic moments (moments I flirted with thinking about building) and turned it into LEGO-reality. Each one is instantly recognizable - so job well done.

Only suggestion I would have is maybe put in some 1x1 round plate/tile around the 1x1 tile path. The path looks a bit sparse.

Great MOC and great details! The only thing is...I take offense to the word "queer." Otherwise, it's awesome!

One of the best and most beautiful creations I've seen! Pure excellence :thumbup:

Thanks Luke. It means a good bit coming from you, by whom much of this MOC was inspired.

Great MOC and great details! The only thing is...I take offense to the word "queer." Otherwise, it's awesome!

Haha, it is the title of the chapter in The Hobbit.

That big tree is brilliant, it is the first thing that actually caught my eye, really well done. Then I see everything else and it is beautiful, all the details down to the bundle of sticks, the way the doors have 'hinges' the paneled horses fence and of course the Cerberus head on the wall.

Awesome work.

Fantastic lodgings ' Blake Baer ', excellent wooden looking structure and not to forget those other creations below it. :thumbup:

Brick On ' Blake Baer ' ! :grin:

Avalonia Forever !

agree with Lorax, the big tree is really brilliant and an eyecathcher! The house itself is truly amazing!

Love little details like the whell on the side of the house! Great mocs all of them, but my favourite has to be the first one!