15580058091_113091e516_z.jpg

My update of the original Adventurers continues with the Island Raider, a souped up version of the Island Racer in more menacing colours and sleeker design. I love the new engine parts that arrived in the last few years, not to mention the curved elements and darker colours.

I didn't have the orignal Island Racer, instead having to make my own to play with after spying it when my brother's friend loaned him LEGO Racers. I had a handful of parts to have a stab at a half decent replica.

Of course I had to make a new one when I came to equip my updated Baron! I was influnced by the original set but also a number of era specific automobiles and stylings.

The colour choice was a given, dark red is such a wonderful one to work with despite some of the batch issues and black/dark bley combines well. I used a Prince of Persia weapon as the ornament to fit in to the general brutal themeing of the car.

14962561183_a236fcb377_n.jpg

My updated Baron Von Baron uses the gold hook (he's a man of wealth and taste after all) brown epaulettes (mostly because my white ones are discoloured!) and the grey pith helmet to upgrade the old look from his last appearance in Orient Expedition. Lucius Malfoy's torso is smart and fits the bill. Also seeing as he has a dueling scar then a fencing blade is the weapon for him.

More builds and figures to come!

Or the "Stone Red" Baron is we're going with TLG names!

5920-1.jpg?0

Is the original car. Very typical design of the era.

Actually, comparison pics are great! I'll have to post some into the Scorpion Venturer too!