Adeel Zubair

MOC: LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040)

LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot

Item: 31040

Ages: 8-12

Pieces: 364

The super-cool 3-in-1 LEGO Creator Clockwork Robot has articulated arms and legs. The Clockwork Robot rebuilds into a RoboDog or an Insect Mech.

Price: £19.99

Held a classic robot toy with this amazing 3-in-1 Clockwork Robot!

Feel the awesome power from the 3-in-1 Clockwork Robot. Featuring a primary colour scheme, powerful arms and legs, robotic features such as twin mini antennas, buttons and an on/off switch. When you’re done with Clockwork robot, you can rebuild it into a cool RoboDog or a ferocious Insect Mech – all this from just one set of bricks! Now that’s what you call a three in one!

-Featuring a primary colour scheme, powerful arms and legs, robotic features such as twin mini antennas, buttons and an on/off switch.

-Check out the cool primary colour scheme and grey robotic details.

-Held a classic robot toy with this amazing 3-in-1 Clockwork Robot!

3-in-1 model: rebuilds into a cool RoboDog or a ferocious Insect Mech.

-Clockwork Robot measures over 9“ (22cm) high, 3” (7cm) long and 9” (22cm) wide.

-RoboDog measures over 3” (7cm) high, 6” (15cm) long and 2” (6cm) wide.

-Insect Mech measures over 4“ (11cm) high, 8” (20cm) long and 8” (21cm) wide.

15340333605_c814d9aa81.jpgLEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040) by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

15153611670_3609deca4d.jpgLEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040) Alternative Model - Robotic Dog by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

15153610810_d789a800d6.jpgLEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040) Alternative Model - Insect Mech by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

See More Picture: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk49vxBJ

I will be showing my final project for Art & Design course; I was asked to create my own outcome and brief therefore I took liberty and decided to create a project based around design at LEGO. Some of you may know I’m very enthusiastic about the prospect of for working as a designer at LEGO, this would help me get familiar and practice the work process as a real LEGO designer would. Step by step you will discover the background of the design process in The LEGO Group, It will also contain a LEGO set I designed myself for the project; such as the experiments, sketch models and sketches. The portfolio of this project will be uploaded to Flickr and Youtube. I plan to finish it off very soon and it will be up before October 2014.

Note:

I’m not affiliated with The LEGO Group; all information for the project has been provided by my knowledge of The LEGO Group though various resources such as books and the internet.

'LEGO Design' project:

flic.kr/s/aHsk3AK4Nh

LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot (31040):

flic.kr/s/aHsk49vxBJ

This is the portfolio of my final project for my Art & Design course; I was asked to create my own outcome and brief therefore I took liberty and decided to create a project based around design at LEGO. Some of you may know I’m very enthusiastic about the prospect of for working as a designer at LEGO, this would help me get familiar and practice the work process as a real LEGO designer would. Step by step you will discover the background of the design process in The LEGO Group, It will also contain a LEGO set I designed myself for the project; such as the experiments, sketch models and sketches.

Adeel Zubair

Twitter: www.youtube.com/user/WebheadStudios

Flickr: www.flickr.com/people/115928480@N03/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/Webhead_Studios

Edited by Adeel Zubair

Brandon Miller, Thanks I really appreciate that; it made my day. How you would like to see how to build the models?

Adeel

Edited by Adeel Zubair

LEGO Digital Designer Files:

Clockwork Robot:

https://www.dropbox....31040).lxf?dl=0

RoboDog:

https://www.dropbox....c Dog).lxf?dl=0

Insect Mech:

https://www.dropbox.... Mech).lxf?dl=0

Please do not modify these files or claim they are yours; they are my creations. I allow them to be used to build in ones household only, so you are free you build it your own use/display. I would be grateful for any feedback, reviews or pictures of the built models.

Enjoy!

Edited by Adeel Zubair

^I did try to keep the parts simple as possible without it being too basic; it's LEGO Creator after all :)

If you do mange to build it, I would be grateful for any feedback, reviews or pictures of the built models.

I love these styles of robots, I think they have a very classic robot feel about them. Your design appears to bring it forward the next step with the 3d movement of the limbs while keeping the classic look. I really like it! Im just slightly unsure of the colour scheme... For some reason 3 colours seems a bit too 'busy' iI you know what I mean? I think sticking with any of the 2 colours of the red/blue/yellow would work really well... But that is how my mind sees it, maybe it wouldnt be so good if done in real life? Either way, excellent design!

I just love these robots and love the way you have thought just like a set designer, this looks so good you could almost (if it was presented right) pass it off as a real set.

^I will take that idea into consideration as several people have asked to build these for their children and to me that is the best response ever which I didn't ever expect.

Due to the high volume of positive responses from parents and children who wanted my 'LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot' as an actual product I have decided to upload my 'LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot' to LEGO Ideas. A big thanks to Tom Poulsom and a few others at Brick2014 for giving me the extra push and positive feedback towards this model. Now one day this 'LEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot' could be yours; please click the vote button and share with your friends and make it happen.

15308865214_7abd5e38d3.jpgLEGO Creator - Clockwork Robot by Adeel Zubair, on Flickr

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/87418

Adeel

Edited by Adeel Zubair

I have merged your latest topic with your earlier MOC topic and removed what I now realise is a duplicate post. Please review the Site Guidelines on promotion of LEGO Ideas projects. Thank you.

@Adeel -- Very, very impressive. I am not sure I have seen a fan created 3-in-1 before. Thanks for the LXF files. As a Doctor Who fan I really like your Robo Dog. I plan to build them at some time.

I don't often support Ideas projects, but yours is an exception.

Thanks for sharing this.

Andy D