Sign in to follow this  
Hive

Interviews with LEGO designers?

A few days ago, I stumbled across this classic interview again:

http://www.classic-castle.com/sets/articles/designerfeedback07.html

...and it made me wonder: why aren't we seeing more of this? I think it offers unique and deeply fascinating insight into our favourite themes, and would personally love to see more of this.

Are there any other such interviews? And would it be possible to see this done again?

This issue of Brickjournal has lots of amazing interviews, including two interviews about Space Police III and one interview about all sorts of past space themes (with Jens Nygaard Knudsen, the designer who created both LEGO Space and the LEGO minifigure)!

Mark Stafford, the designer of the Exo Suit, talked about the design process on Reddit.

Hope this helped!

This issue of Brickjournal has lots of amazing interviews, including two interviews about Space Police III and one interview about all sorts of past space themes (with Jens Nygaard Knudsen, the designer who created both LEGO Space and the LEGO minifigure)!

Thanks guys!

I'm a bit late getting to this topic, but better late than never! :tongue: I conducted an interview with Ninjago set designer Samuel Johnson at one point a couple years ago. The site where it was published is unfortunately no longer online, but you can read it here if you'd like. As Aanchir linked, BrickJournal also is a great place to find interviews with various people in the LEGO community, whether it be set designers or other interesting people. :classic:

I'm a bit late getting to this topic, but better late than never! :tongue: I conducted an interview with Ninjago set designer Samuel Johnson at one point a couple years ago. The site where it was published is unfortunately no longer online, but you can read it here if you'd like. As Aanchir linked, BrickJournal also is a great place to find interviews with various people in the LEGO community, whether it be set designers or other interesting people. :classic:

Even though I'm not into Ninjago, I did find the interview interesting. Thanks!