Sign in to follow this  
Rayskull

Robin's Rook [MOC]

Oh wow, this looks great! I especially like the way the front gate turns into stairs, and the incredible use of textures throughout the design. :) The transparent blue parts on the inside also add a lot of energy and personality!

This looks absolutely gorgeous in real life. The contrasted detailing on the outside walls is just gorgeous. And I love how you incorporated the ladder. Definitely going to have to take a few design cues from this when making Nexo-MOCs :tongue:.

Polished the Ramparts and Robo Clay's Robo Horse

BTW if the Orange looks strange its because I have a terrible lighting situation in the best photo area, so I set long exposure sorry about that.

4.jpg

Yeah I let up on the trans blue a bit on the flooring, thought it looked a tad too dark. I also figured out how to fully stabilize my offset wall sections (a completely invisible but very satisfying change) And added some retractable shooters ....so that you don't have to be Arron to shoot people.

After hours of fiddling the Robo Horse got some silver 1x1s in the front that look like a grill and some secondary thrusters....I feel finished. Also I updated the first image, I thought it looked real awkward.

1.jpg

Edited by Rayskull

To be honest, I don't see why Clay should be in there... Ava should be more visible, since she likely had a big hand in making the Rook operational.

Clay seems random. However, this is still a top-notch build.

Do you mean Robin when you say Clay, I thought they were both WizKids, Ultimate Robin comes with a toolkit. Oh the Clay that's there is Random...and Robo Clay even more Random.

Do you mean Robin when you say Clay, I thought they were both WizKids, Ultimate Robin comes with a toolkit. Oh the Clay that's there is Random...and Robo Clay even more Random.

What I meant, is that it would be more fitting (in my opinion) if it was only Ava and Robin (maybe some robo-knights :grin:) in the MOC.

But feel free to do whatever you want.

Edited by gamejutzu

What I meant, is that it would be more fitting (in my opinion) if it was only Ava and Robin (maybe some robo-knights :grin:) in the MOC.

But feel free to do whatever you want.

I agree actually, to really fit Robin's theme, assuming it would be basic Nexo colors, I would need Kingsmen...or droids. But I couldn't resist throwing Clay's bots in the turrets...they just look sooo right there. My future plan is to get 4 more Kingsmen. Two of the new ones this summer.

Edited by Rayskull

That mysterious blue kingdoms helmet finally makes an apperence

Oh, that one! It's pretty cool (fencing MOC incoming :grin:)

Edited by gamejutzu