Sign in to follow this  
gazumpty

MOC - Preparing for the Christmas

Happy New Year EB folks!!! I hope everyone had a good break over the holidays and got all the Lego they wanted from Santa!

After entering my first proper MOC creation for the 'Extend the WInter Market' Contest (see - http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=89673) I decided to continue building around it to form a Winter Scene for over the holidays. I am always inspired by the work done by all the EB members on here, and with all the really kind comments on my competition entry, I thought it was about time I gave something back.

So I present to you....'Preparing for Christmas'.

Its a few days before the local Christmas party and preparations are in full swing. As the ice sculpting approaches it conclusion, Santa arrives with his crack squad of holiday elves to add the finishing touches to the tree.

overall_view.jpg

First a quick overall view of the scene.

plan.jpg

The obligatory top down view

church_front_view.jpg

The organiser of the festivities, Father Fitzbrickle, waves a hello to a local helping to clear the snow from the church grounds.

church_-_stained_glass.jpg

Inside the church it warming up in preparation for the midnight service and carol singing.

church_interior_-_pulpit.jpg

A sneaky peek inside the church.

yeti.jpg

A local "myth" sits down to enjoy his own Christmas treat.

train_-_close_view.jpg

The delivery from Santa has been left for unloading (the local station marked by a vintage flag from its past)

train_-_elves.jpg

The elves working hard to ensure everything is delivered , with a wee helping hand from some locals.

sculpting_nativity.jpg

The village square is beginning to fill up with all sorts of Holiday nonsense

:tongue:

sculpting_piper.jpg

The nativity scene and ice sculpting is the backdrop to old McTavish's version of 'Silent Night' on his bagpipes!

:sceptic:

police_dog_chase.jpg

The local constabulary struggles to control his police dog as a local cat gets a wee bit too curious of all the presents!

Thanks for having a gander at this creation, I hope you enjoyed it. As always, Comments & Critiques definitely welcome...so please let me know what you guys think!

Edited by gazumpty

AWESOME work 'gazumpty', the Santa rail car, the chapel, the tree, everything else is just wonderful :wub: ......Brick On 'gazumpty' ! :grin:

Great scene! My favourite parts are the stream and the view of the church with the stained glass window.

Really nicely done Gazumpty! Lovely series of builds and I like the narrative you provided.

Thanks guys....I appreciate the feedback.

Really nicely done Gazumpty! Lovely series of builds and I like the narrative you provided.

Thanks I want to try and bring a narrative to each of my builds...it's the 10 year old Lego kid that still lives inside me :tongue:

Christmas is over, but this thing is amazing! Great work! :wink:

Ha...I know, though I'm going to need some inspiration to start my next MOC. I was hoping to have a crack at my first modular.

Great scene! My favourite parts are the stream and the view of the church with the stained glass window.

Thanks, the stained glass was originally built to try and depict a cross in it...but I felt the more random selection and placement of colours suited the look!

AWESOME work 'gazumpty', the Santa rail car, the chapel, the tree, everything else is just wonderful :wub: ......Brick On 'gazumpty' ! :grin:

High praise from one of my favourite MOC'ers on EB....any suggestions on what type of modular I could try...bare in mind it will be my first attempt at one :look: