Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl - FB 4 Apr - Ship - 2A] : El Toro Bravo

El Toro Bravo : A class 2A Topsail cutter

After being repaired the former Oleon ship known as "La Vaillante" became "El Toro Bravo" and was given to the Eslandian Colonel Ignacio Severus to command.

And she began her duty by being sent along the shores of Berelli in order to track down the pirates.

26615384631_416eb34660_z.jpg

26077343993_339cce2978_z.jpg

26654632806_d2b9a3e0ca_z.jpg

I bettered the "Vaillante" I made for Challenge II and I will license her as a Class 2A vessel.

I changed the colours, I change the Masts and put more in the middle the main mast. I made the rigging in order to be able to lower the sails.

I think my story is well explaining how and why she became an eslandian warship...

So I can license her, I never licensed her when she was Oleander. I think I can do that. If not, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thank you and enjoy !

First of all, I see no reason why you should not be able to license her. She is entirely your creation, and you went the extra mile and gave her a back story. Very nice. 2A seems very fitting. :pir-blush:

Generally, very nice little cutter. The figurehead is great :pir-tongue:

A little feedback on the rigging. Overall, it looks pretty good, but I have a few suggestions for the future. :pir-sweet:

I think the mast would be better placed a few studs further forward, and your main sail (the spanker) seems too small. I would suggest lowering the boom two or three bricks, and increase the length of the gaff to about 80 % of the boom length, and then give it an angle of approximately 30 degrees from horisontal. And since you have included a topmast, I would increase the length of it, and move the topsail up there, and decrease it in size. Alternatively, keep the current squaresail and add a smaller topsail above it, carried on the topmast.

It should also give you room for another jib or two. More jibs = better! :pir-tongue: (And cutters typically carried 2 or more jibs)

Overall, well done - it has been fun to follow its story so far, and I hope to hear more of it in the future! :pir-grin:

That's a neat little ship. Can we also see pictures of the back?

If you are looking for C&C I would suggest moving the mast forward to the bow a few studs and lower the bottom yards to get a bit more sail. A top gallant sail might also work with a slightly taller mast.

Yummy hull!!! I must try it myself as soon as i find these elusive hinges!! But no apples??? I think you ditched them since they were sort of cursed pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif And while i may sound monotonous, you can never go wrong with cloth sails!

Thank you guys for the comments !

I will try something to better the sails (I am working on something that could help me having perfectly tainted cloth sails, but shh ... It's top secret project...)

And yes the rigging could be better, I will work (again and more) on this. I will post updated pictures with my modifications and the back view of the stern (where the Apple is...)