Sign in to follow this  
Landlubber

The Rebuild

I figured this was worth a new thread considering I completely tore the old fort apart and started afresh with some new found pieces.

I found a whole heap of brown LURPs so I thought I'd fit this fort onto the clifftop. It's also got the cannon on two sides for better firing angle.

rebuild.jpg

Here's the inside. Stairs, jail, and a couple of small buildings, thanks to you guys. The blue and yellow roof is the Armoury (inside pic to follow and there is a small storeroom/barracks down the bottom left of the photo. The well still needs a little work.

rebuild2.jpg

Inside the armoury.

rebuild3.jpg

Better shot of the barracks/storeroom.

rebuild4.jpg

Secret entrance in one of the rocks at the front.

rebuild5.jpg

View of the entrance. I wanted to use doors but my only really big doors are on another MOC.

rebuild6.jpg

Feel free to make more suggestions . I was thinking of some more small buildings or something inside. Dont want to fill it up too much though so I can fit a wagon or some horses in there.

This one might be a bit big to fit in a small fort though.

govcarriage.jpg

I do say I quite like what you've done with the LURPs and BURPs. But just to nitpick maybe you could have added a couple more on either end and used brown bricks instead of grey to secure them to the base plate. Of course you probably built it the way you did because you had a piece limitation but I thought I'd throw my two uncle Bob's worth in just in case you wanted some constructive feedback.

Hmmmm... Since when did two Bob become an uncle...

Good work, The stairs are good and the secret door is pretty creative, but what is the purpose of the palm tree section near the well looking thing? And it needs a huge gate door.

, but what is the purpose of the palm tree section near the well looking thing?

Thats the bucket, you know for getting the water from the well. ;-)

cool, i like it, i really liked the first one, and i really like this one. pretty sweet. I like that the fort seems to be built to be positioned at an angle so that two sides of the cliff are covered with guns. the small buildings, especially the garrison are awesome. I would agree, a barracks would be the next logical building.

This is a great fort, but my favorite thing is the stagecoach.

I'm glad to see that it is not forgotten. I've wanted to build a coach for some time and always had other ideas take precedence.

Great improvement

A question: does this fort has a name?

Another question: where did you put those big doors in?

I like this version much and much better then the previous one, great MOC!

Great improvement

Surely that other MOC wouldn't mind if you borrowed its doors?

govcarriage.jpg

Mr LandLubber is this carriage your own design or is it one of the official LEGO carriages with Imperial Guards added?

Great improvement

Surely that other MOC wouldn't mind if you borrowed its doors?

I dunno, my pirates get narky if you start ripping the doors off their jungle stronghold.

junglestronghold.jpg

I'll get some more next time I put in a parts order though.

As for the carriage, its all original ( I hope). I was sitting there one night looking at this pile of ships (which had an imperial flagship added to it today - finally) and realised that they were the only transport that any of the pirates or imperials had. I had plenty of wagon wheels and a couple of spare horses so I thought I'd knock up a few wagons.

I wanted the carriage to be a bit different, so I did the cabin section 5 wide meaning the governor could fit inside with elbow room but not make it too bulky. It worked out pretty well and there is another seat in there for the govenors mistress etc.

govcarriage2.jpg

The other wagon was just a simple knock up to make it look like someone in the port was actually doing some work.

wagon.jpg