Sign in to follow this  
Black Numenorean

MEC categorie B: The fall of Dol Guldur

Hello everybody, this is my entry in the contest, i hope you will enjoy it.

"After the defeat of Sauron, King Thranduil decided to pacify the Mirkwood forest and extinguish forever the exterior threats. The former stronghold of Sauron: Dol Guldur still contained armed troops. King of the Elves, who received the news of the destruction of Mordor, assembled his army in order to end the Orcs. The battle was bloody because troops Orcs were numerous and mischievous. Little elfs survived this assault. But the target was reached, the black forest had to get rid of the last army of Sauron in Middle Earth. The King Thranduil told the king that the threat orc Aragorn had gone black forest and the elves could henceforth live in peace".

15510208621_1bf761778c_c.jpg1 by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

15490195906_89bbe7d2ec_c.jpg2 by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

15513371465_ed61e957e7_c.jpg6 by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

15512980272_3a684607a7_c.jpg8 by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

15326477879_c591c64c23_c.jpg12 by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

15510241421_2d6d8b2061_c.jpg13. by Black Numenorean, on Flickr

More pics in my flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91878412@N03/sets/72157648264631039/

Wow, this is great. I love the way you captured the way it looks like it will crumble down any second! The only thing I would suggest is making the bridge wider.

Love it! It captures the feeling of the "real" Dol Guldur very well. Indeed, the bridge could be a bit wider, but overall it looks amazing!

Really great Dol Guldur!

I might everyone on this forum want to has something like that in hands... This is good place for display. Besides make battle elves vs orcs you can imitate "White council attack on Dol Guldur" which will be show in the 3rd Hobbit movie where Elrond, Galadriel, Radagast, Saruman plays leading role.

How many bricks did you use to build it? More than 2500? Had you any plans before you decided to make it? I ask you because I really want to build your Dol Guldur on my own.

Can you show pictures from back Dol Guldur and Up ?

Wow, this is great. I love the way you captured the way it looks like it will crumble down any second! The only thing I would suggest is making the bridge wider.

thank you for your positive feedback. the bridge was the one minifig scale because I did it match the front door. Initially this moc was not for this contest. I had to adapt my moc for the contest. however, i could not build back the entry and the bridge.

Wow looks amazing! The ruin feel is captured very well :)

thank you :)

Love it! It captures the feeling of the "real" Dol Guldur very well. Indeed, the bridge could be a bit wider, but overall it looks amazing!

thank you :)

Really great Dol Guldur!

I might everyone on this forum want to has something like that in hands... This is good place for display. Besides make battle elves vs orcs you can imitate "White council attack on Dol Guldur" which will be show in the 3rd Hobbit movie where Elrond, Galadriel, Radagast, Saruman plays leading role.

How many bricks did you use to build it? More than 2500? Had you any plans before you decided to make it? I ask you because I really want to build your Dol Guldur on my own.

Can you show pictures from back Dol Guldur and Up ?

My moc was build initialy for gandalf in Dol guldur. But I had to adjust the moc for one of the categorie: the only good was the "B".

I had to destroy 2 Dol guldur ambush and2 battle + Moria + pick and bruick + my bricks. I think 6000 but i am not sure!

At the beginning, i used LDD to the base. Moreover, i draw dol guldur on paper because i wanted it to look like Peter jackson's vision. However, , I do not have the money to my ambitions to make a set like. So i tried....

I will upload another pics for you soon if you want but with gandalf ^^

This is really good, nice job! Only nitpick is I think the bridge could have a bit more detail but besides that it's great!

Thank you :).