The Penguin

Confederate Rocket and Camouflaged Droids....

Well, gentlemen, here's my variant of those great SBDs, that we've been shown in Crash of the Jedi CW Cartoon episode....

And I also present you my variant of a camouflaged SBD, desighned for actions in tropical enviroment.... )

Hope you'll like them. ) :sweet:

Rocket Droid:

250px-Rocket_droid2.jpg

p1010202.jpg

Flight position:

Rocket_droid_flight.jpg

p1010203.jpg

Other pics:

p1010204.jpg

p1010208.jpg

p1010209.jpg

Camouflaged SBD:

p1010205.jpg

p1010206.jpg

Separatist Alliance: :classic:

p1010207.jpg

Any comments, gentlemen? ) :sweet:

That's a really neat idea! :thumbup: All you need now is to paint a little red dot on the torso to be 100% accurate :tongue:

Although i'm sure it'd be too expensive for TLC to ever do something like what you've done... :sceptic:

Perhaps gluing/sticking some trans orange studs in the back would be nice. Anyway great painting and idea for making these guys. Keep up the great work :thumbup: .

Those are really nice. The paint job isn't perfect, which is a good thing considering it isn't perfect on the droids once they go into combat.

Looks good, but on the rocket droid, try putting a short light grey pin in the back of its head, and then a 1 x 2 with old binocs on top, I have it on mine and it looks good.

I have not seen that camo droid though...

jifel

Those are very accurate, other than the missing red dot. Although, as someone mentioned earlier, TLC is way too cheap to ever create anything as detailed as that. Job well done. :thumbup:

Edited by Millacol88

That's a really neat idea! :thumbup: All you need now is to paint a little red dot on the torso to be 100% accurate :tongue:

Although i'm sure it'd be too expensive for TLC to ever do something like what you've done... :sceptic:

Thanks a lot! ) Speaking of the red dot.... Well, initially I had the idea of making it, but that would require red dots on my other SBDs.... Because in such cases I'm a perfectionist. ) :sweet: But when I thought of making about 100+ red dots.... Wewl, I guess I'll do it sometime, when I have enough time and lack of laziness! ) :laugh::thumbup:

Perhaps gluing/sticking some trans orange studs in the back would be nice. Anyway great painting and idea for making these guys. Keep up the great work :thumbup: .

Thank you very much! ) And great thanks for thye idea! ) :sweet: I shall try to do so! ) :thumbup:

Those are really nice. The paint job isn't perfect, which is a good thing considering it isn't perfect on the droids once they go into combat.

Thanks! ) :thumbup: One of the things I definitely like in CW cartoons is that they pay attention to small details, like paint on droids. ) :sweet:

I really like this! All you need is that red dot. :thumbup:

:classic: Thanks a lot! ) :classic: Ill try to do it as soon I find the red paint.... ) :classic:

Looks good, but on the rocket droid, try putting a short light grey pin in the back of its head, and then a 1 x 2 with old binocs on top, I have it on mine and it looks good.

I have not seen that camo droid though...

I very nice idea, thanks! ) :thumbup:

Cool It looks reallly good with the grey-ish blue

Thank you very much! ) :sweet::thumbup:

Those are very accurate, other than the missing red dot. Although, as someone mentioned earlier, TLC is way too cheap to ever create anything as detailed as that. Job well done. :thumbup:

Thank you! ) Indeed, I'm also quite sure TLC won't give us that type of droids, but I guess we should not be strict to them, since they gave us those great rocket-launcher-armed-droids! ) They look awesome and even diminished for a sertain small percent my level of disappointment, which appeared after them closing the Batman line! ) :cry_sad:

Thank you for your comments, gentlemen! ) :sweet::thumbup:

The camouflage droid looked black to me at first, but when I looked up a little the screen brightened. :tongue: Very good job. It'd be nice for the little red dot to go on the rocket droid.

That is exactly like mine! Good job! :thumbup:

Thanks! ) I'm glad that we share interest in different types of droids. ) :classic:

Haha! :laugh: That is really resorceful! :classic:

Thank you very much! ) :classic:

the rocket droid and the camo droid are very nice. esp, the rocket.

Thank you, I'm glad that you like it. ) :classic:

The camouflage droid looked black to me at first, but when I looked up a little the screen brightened. :tongue: Very good job. It'd be nice for the little red dot to go on the rocket droid.

Yes, that's my fault. I think I should make a better pic of the camouflaged droid. ) :classic: Thank you! ) I guess, I'll have to make dots for all my SBDs, after all! ) :sweet:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

These are great, I love the rocket super. How were so many made with out messing up. Good job.

These are great, I love the rocket super. How were so many made with out messing up. Good job.

Thank you! ) :classic::thumbup:

I used to paint Warhammer minis, so I guess that I still have some skill left! ) :laugh:

This is a customized minifig, so I'll move this to the MCW, since it's gotten all the feedback it could here in the Star Wars forum. - Great idea on painting this, eventhough I'd never ever do that to any of my figs - I am a puritan.

Nice paint job! Thanks for sharing, The Penguin :thumbup:

Great idea on painting this, eventhough I'd never ever do that to any of my figs - I am a puritan.

Do you mean purist? :wink:

LuxorV

Nice paint job! Thanks for sharing, The Penguin :thumbup:

LuxorV

Thank you very much, LuxorV! ) :classic:

Do I need to take a better picture of my camouflaged droid? Because it seems that not everyone can see it properly.... ) :classic: