Sign in to follow this  
lego.ryan

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End Creations

In honor of Pirates 3 being released on DVD on Tuesday, I decided to make a few vignettes from the movie. Here they are!

The Empress Attacked

2077666130_26ffc78240.jpg

2076878493_01fdaeb631.jpg

The Empress is attacked by the Dutchman, killing Sao Feng; and also making Elizabeth captain and Pirate Lord of the South China Sea.

Your Half of the Bargain

2076881421_a5f6cec3ef.jpg

2077671232_6fa9300267.jpg

Tia Dalma makes sure Barbossa won't forget his half of their bargain: to release her from her human form- by turning his hand all corpse-y.

"You're Mad"

2076884903_92941beb7a.jpg

2076885759_f1fdec9e4b.jpg

Captain Jack escapes from Lord Cutler Beckett's clutches by vaulting himself onto the Pearl using a cannon, and he does it all without a single drop of rum.

As always, there's more photos on my flickr. Also, I've now arranged all my Pirates creations into one folder! :'-)

Set: Pirates of the Caribbean Creations

All comments, constructive criticism, and questions are greatly appreciated! *sweet*

Nice work Ryan.

I'm not a big fan of the POTC movies (because of the lack of realism), but I'm a fan of these vignettes.

Moved to the Pirate forum.

It's from Orient Expodition. Elephant Caravan.

But, where did you get that skull? I thought it was comin' out next year in the Indiana Jones sets.

I think the skull is from one of the Pirates 4+ line.

And great work, ryan. I especially like the 1st one *wub* Though Elizabeth looks rather happy after seeing Sao Feng die :-P

This is good stuff. I like the care for detail you put into everything, such as the choice of faces, debris. Even the 4+ elements are welcomed, of course.

I love Potc.

Edited by sdpirate

Wow, lots of replies!

Nice work Ryan.

I'm not a big fan of the POTC movies (because of the lack of realism), but I'm a fan of these vignettes.

Moved to the Pirate forum.

Thank you! I agree with you on the realism issue- but that doesn't keep them from being my favorite movies! *wub* And thanks for moving this for me, I wasn't sure if I should post it in the Your Own Creations or Pirate forum.

What's that textured textile in the background there?

2076878493_01fdaeb631.jpg

Is that an official LEGO component or a custom?

As Axle said, it came in Elephant Caravan. I've been looking for a use for it for ages! X-D

It's from Orient Expodition. Elephant Caravan.

But, where did you get that skull? I thought it was comin' out next year in the Indiana Jones sets.

The skull came in the Pirates 4+ line, and also in Harry Potter The Graveyard Duel (which is where I got mine!)

I think the skull is from one of the Pirates 4+ line.

And great work, ryan. I especially like the 1st one *wub* Though Elizabeth looks rather happy after seeing Sao Feng die :-P

Haha, I was wondering if somebody would say anything about Elizabeth's expression! I figured since I couldn't really capture the shock on Elizabeth's face as it is in the movie, I'd try to make her clothes look as close as they could to the movie. Not to be smug, but I think I did a pretty good job! Here's a comparison:

000503676523.jpg

to

2076879399_9f1d81a23e.jpg

Very neat and charming sceneries indeed! *sweet*

Thanks very much! *sweet*

This is good stuff. I like the care for detail you put into everything, such as the choice of faces, debris. Even the 4+ elements are welcomed, of course.

I love Potc.

Thank you! I really enjoying putting small details into my creations and creating figs, so it's always nice to get compliments on them! I find I enjoy the small accessory pieces and the minifigs the most in Lego. And of course, I love POTC too! :-D

As Axle said, it came in Elephant Caravan. I've been looking for a use for it for ages! X-D

It does make a lovely curtain!

The skull came in the Pirates 4+ line, and also in Harry Potter The Graveyard Duel (which is where I got mine!)

You can admit to owning 4+ sets - it's ok X-D